Coker v Shannon v Golden

All 3 are dead awful as Head Coaches...

Shannon at least knows Defense and can coach a position or can be a Defensive Coordinator as proven while at Miami...

Coker - there's no question tha he took over Butch's team, but at least he was smart enough not to mess with success and had them in contention for a National Championship his first 3 years... Then when he had to recruit and Butch'e kids were off in the NFL well the results weren't Great.

Golden - He was the Right Coach to lead through the investigation, problem is that's all he's good for... Is Coaching sucks, can't make half time adjustments, Special teams suck and he's responsible for that and I'm not sure if and when he's fired what position he would coach?
He looks the part, spoke the part, and recruited well at first (lets see who sticks as the season plays out), but at the End of the Day he's just a lot of Hot Air and I believe not only the fans but the recruits are staring to see through all this...

Advertisement
Hate to tell you but Coker was AWFUL ...maybe the bottom of the list. Many people consider the 2001 team the best College Football team ever and while the stats AND the players were amazing, Larry Coker should have lost 2 games that year. I was at BC and that thing was over until a fluke play and we also should/could have lost at Va Tech but their WR let a pass go through his arms. Randy was bad and dont like Al but I am not sure any coach was given more talent than Larry Coker.

PS The 2002 game was not stolen from us - we were out coached and they came out & hit us in the mouth right from the start.

I don't know about that 2002 game. We were robbed... We shut that offense down... Unfortunately we lost Willis, Clarett stripped ST after a pic and I still think Dorsey had concussion like symptoms. Don't make it seem as we were dominated. We played well unfortunately a call robbed us... It was the title game against to undefeated foes of course it's going to be close. And back then every team was going to give us their hardest VT was a formidable opponent and always gave us a good game. Not to mention they were dominating us until 2000. As for BC, what was the fluke play? I know that was a nail biter but I also believe we were winning before the Reed TD...

Coker

Shannon/Golden: I still can't forgive Randy for the **** he did in recruiting, he left that cupboard bare as **** at WR and CB a problem the University of Miami should never have.

The best wideouts during Golden's tenure has been RS players... I'll say corner was bare... Wideout was good enough it was just weird recruiting... However he took over a team where the punter was playing wideout... Hurns and Dorsett were his players (signed or committed)... Corner was a disappointment though... As for wideout and even tight end he brought in record setters Hankerson, Hurns, and Walford... It unorthodox but wideout was fine...

Advertisement
Back