Cody brown must play

Advertisement
Be nice to have Rooster back. Freshman looked good. I disagree with the Cam hate tho. People are quick to forget he had an 83 yard TD yesterday and has had multiple big TDs over the years. He can catch and he’s an okay blocker. Not claiming he is elite or all conference but he will be looked upon historically as a decent RB I think. I’d put Cam above Damien Berry and Mike James but obviously below Miller and Duke.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Our OL is BAD!!.. we need the best blocker at RB (Cam) if not QBs get murdered ( see King)… if that answer your question

OL is the key of everything including ability to not play your best players

Most popular dude in town is always whoever the backup running back is.

That said, Cody and Thad both looked more natural reading and hitting the hole than Cam has. Need to see it against a decent defense.

Advertisement
Chaney's our best back but he's hurt. After that, Knighton has show real talent but he's not an every down back especially given our blocking woes. We need to rotate or pair him with Thad and Cody.

If we have 80 snaps a game with RBs involved vs. Virginia, and 20 of those are 2-RB sets, for a 100 total RB snaps, I would like to see:

100 Total:
* 30 Knighton
* 25 Franklin
* 25 Brown
* 20 Harris

After that, it's +/- 5 to 10 each depending on game and practice performance. One or two will see diminishing snaps by the end of the season while the others eat up their snaps.

He should be "off suspension". Whether he plays is another story. I could see him having to "earn" it back. I'd be okay with that.

I have no idea what he did. But 4 games is already a lot. I would hope he's ready to contribute right away. We need another gear and a better receiver out of our RBs.

Advertisement
you guys like brown bc he's the shinny toy, that is the same as the toy we use all the time.

brown is no different then harris.

we've been thru this cycle.... duke last year we didn't like him, homer looked better, then homer is starter we don't like him DJ is better, then DJ is starter we don't like him harris is better... Harris starter we don't like him brown is better....

franklin and rooster would be the right plays.
Incorrect

you guys like brown bc he's the shinny toy, that is the same as the toy we use all the time.

brown is no different then harris.

we've been thru this cycle.... duke last year we didn't like him, homer looked better, then homer is starter we don't like him DJ is better, then DJ is starter we don't like him harris is better... Harris starter we don't like him brown is better....

franklin and rooster would be the right plays.
No, I like Brown because he has a college ready body, showed good vision on Saturday and signed with Tennesee, who produces good backs

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back