Cody Brown commits to Miami

Advertisement
From Ohio and not sure that I agree with that. Larger cities are losing populations quickly. If that is true, won’t be for much longer IMO.
I agree that this will be the future trend.

But as of now, their percentages of high school players to college and D1 is very good. And I hate Ohio.

Beat me to it. I have no idea where some people get their demography.

Yeah, I think our ideas about demographics are set earlier in our lives and we often neglect to "update" them.

Actually, the only think that is going to keep Georgia out of the Top 5 states by population could be North Carolina. In Georgia, after the Atlanta area, there is a big drop-off to the next largest metro area. But North Carolina has more metro areas that contribute to the state's population growth.

By 2030, don't be surprised if North Carolina is the 5th largest state and Georgia is the 6th largest.

But it's gonna take some time to catch California, Texas, Florida, and New York. If ever.

Advertisement
I wonder if the weak '22 RB class had any impact on taking Brown. Off the top of my head I don't really know any RB's we're going after this year. Maybe Gibbs? He's coming off an ACL tear right? I think RB has to be the least talked about position on this board in terms of the 2022 cycle. 2023 has Mark Fletcher, Richard Young, Sedrick Irvin jr. etc.
They aren’t crazy about the 22 class. They might take one more but if they do only take one brown was the one. I posted in January “ we could take a position that’ll surprise everybody”. It was just the transfer markets , then Brown popped up. That ended that.

They aren’t crazy about the 22 class. They might take one more but if they do only take one brown was the one. I posted in January “ we could take a position that’ll surprise everybody”. It was just the transfer markets , then Brown popped up. That ended that.
Makes sense. Knighton and Cheney both spent time banged up this yr. Burns transferred. Never can have too much quality depth

Advertisement
Miles at LSU was a version of Coker at Miami. He inherited Saban's team and with their infrastructure and recruiting base and bag game, they kept it going for a while.

Miles isn't a very good coach is the thing. He's okay. Not terrible. Can't build it, IMO.

/Agree re Norvell

Saban didnt build much at LSU, his success is all Bama. People love to praise him but he didnt do anything special in any of his coaching stops until he got to Bama.

Advertisement
He won a National Championship

He did but had three losses or more every season except the title one, which wasnt an undefeated one. And some people thought USC deserved that title above them.
Like I said nothing special, at Bama is where he has made his HOF resume.

Advertisement

Brown was the perfect pickup given Bobby Burns' departure. ... OT, but I'm still hoping for an LB transfer that is plug & play.

Advertisement
Back