Coaching Update from 247

Advertisement
If we hire TRob, I wonder what they’ll do with the 10th assistant spot? They could make TRob DB/Co-DC, and give him control over the entire DB room, and still keep DVD on as CB coach, essentially as an on-field assistant to TRob. Seems like a win-win for us and DVD. Just would need to be clear to TRob and DVD that TRob runs the show in the DB room.

Full-time position coach dedicated to punt returns?

Advertisement
Stuff is moving faster than anticipated. My initial belief was our first hire will be mid to late next week.

We’re right on pace. I don’t really have any solid info but I think TRob is in the bag.

Also, notice how Penn State hired Yurcich and dumped their OC simultaneously. There wasn’t much talk on that before it happened. I could see us working the same thing at DC.

Stuff is moving faster than anticipated. My initial belief was our first hire will be mid to late next week.

We’re right on pace. I don’t really have any solid info but I think TRob is in the bag.

Also, notice how Penn State hired Yurcich and dumped their OC simultaneously. There wasn’t much talk on that before it happened. I could see us working the same thing at DC.
Scared Star Trek GIF

Advertisement

Dropping that 🔥 on this lovely Saturday morning

Advertisement
Just speculation. I have heard TRob is done from several people including people on here that have been right before.

Just not the one person I want to hear it from before I feel good saying it’s done.

Certainly feels that way though.
Clarification - would we bring TRob in as DB coach only/Honorary Co-Dc etc, or as a play calling DC as well?

So if I’m reading this right...

Trob is on a “players notified” level currently awaiting paperwork signing and all that jazz. He would be both CB/S coach with Co-DC title... no play calling? (**** yeah!)

and we might Dump Baker and replace him with an upgrade who would be Co-DC and actual play caller??

Advertisement
So if I’m reading this right...

Trob is on a “players notified” level currently awaiting paperwork signing and all that jazz. He would be both CB/S coach with Co-DC title... no play calling? (**** yeah!)

and we might Dump Baker and replace him with an upgrade who would be Co-DC and actual play caller??
Heard a few players have got wind of TRob being likely and getting excited so ya it’s on that level.

Don’t take the DC thing too serious yet. Just laying it out there as possible.

It just seems all these guys are waiting for better offers from better programs before they settle for Miami, It's sad how far we have fallen.
I'm really hoping to be excited with who we end up with. However, as long as we are done with Banda it should still be an improvement.

It just seems all these guys are waiting for better offers from better programs before they settle for Miami, It's sad how far we have fallen.
I'm really hoping to be excited with who we end up with. However, as long as we are done with Banda it should still be an improvement.
That’s not the case. Miami just moves slow. Private school chain of command and vetting process

Advertisement
Back