Coaching Update from 247

Hiring T. Rob is not going to distract me from the fact Baker is still our defensive coordinator. And, yes I will celebrate hiring T. Rob, if in fact we do hire him. But UNC set a football subdivision rushing record on our home field on Senior Day. They combined for 544 yards on the ground. Think about that. Obviously, that is also an ACC record. More Baker, means more mediocrity on defense when we play good teams. Baker was not solely responsible, but he is responsible for the defense, just like Manny is ultimately responsible for the performance of the team.
Blake Baker WILL NOT be lining people up calling plays next year I don’t care if they call him HC as long as he doesn’t have a headset on..

Advertisement
I definitely think he has great intelligence. But I honestly think what hurts us the most in recruiting is this exact thing. These kids want to play and be coached by a positional coach who has legit coaching experience. Imagine how easy it will be to recruit against us at that position.
Dvd has been int the middle of some elite recruiting victories for us. Again look at Dre Bly

Advertisement
Dvd has been int the middle of some elite recruiting victories for us. Again look at Dre Bly
I understand that... But he was not a positional coach. That's a different story when you have to convince kids YOU can teach them and get them in the league. Especially with no track-record.

Advertisement
I really don't get why DVD would start off his on-field coaching as a CB coach at ******* Utah St. It's in his best interest to start somewhere in Florida imo like FIU/FAU/etc. But just my opinion...

Advertisement
Advertisement
I like (because it gives me hope that Diaz isn't incompetent) ATLAtty's theory that it was just Diaz being a shrewd politician and getting more money from the BOT by saying something along the lines of, "Well, looks like I'm sticking with Baker next year since we can't afford to upgrade."

I’m going to go with this so I don’t jump out the next window I see with Manny’s ego and incompetence.

Advertisement
Back