Coaching Update from 247

Advertisement
So, what about DL. If T-Rob gets the job, is he calling plays and having a say in who we bring in at DL?
I wouldn’t think so. The theme out there appears to be to build super teams in terms of coaches a la Sark and Texas and what other big boys have done in the past.

Miami INVENTED super teams! Ha!
If we can get T-Rob, you gotta think Manny will double down with another big fish like Patridge.

Advertisement
Advertisement
No clue.

Its interesting tho that this comes up shortly after Tejeda said that the BOT wants to overrule Diaz on coaching hires.

I like (because it gives me hope that Diaz isn't incompetent) ATLAtty's theory that it was just Diaz being a shrewd politician and getting more money from the BOT by saying something along the lines of, "Well, looks like I'm sticking with Baker next year since we can't afford to upgrade."

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hiring T. Rob is not going to distract me from the fact Baker is still our defensive coordinator. And, yes I will celebrate hiring T. Rob, if in fact we do hire him. But UNC set a football subdivision rushing record on our home field on Senior Day. They combined for 544 yards on the ground. Think about that. Obviously, that is also an ACC record. More Baker, means more mediocrity on defense when we play good teams. Baker was not solely responsible, but he is responsible for the defense, just like Manny is ultimately responsible for the performance of the team.

A0B52AEE-4E5D-48C2-8C52-E389E27B7C21.jpeg

Advertisement
Back