Coaching Coaching Profile: Aaron Feld

Advertisement
I like Feld being on staff for hype & inspiration purposes, but we need to couple him with people who actually know sports science and how to actually help players build muscle and prevent injury.

I like Feld being on staff for hype & inspiration purposes, but we need to couple him with people who actually know sports science and how to actually help players build muscle and prevent injury.
Mario brought in a sports science guy from the NHL already. Feld needs to go regardless of who else gets brought in

Advertisement
Feld is considered one of the top S&C coaches in the country. Mario's Oregon teams were certainly strong and fast, maybe it's just these players don't give a **** and are lazy It comes down to about 75% of our players are either just not good players or they are lazy and give no effort, as well as us having a bad OC who just whines and complains. That's why we suck, I can't wait for the purge to happen in the off-season.

I don’t care how healthy and strong our guys are. Under this offensive scheme and the way there has been serious coRching going on, I don’t think it would make much of a difference in the current results.

Need better players and better coaching or 7-5 for life.

Advertisement
@SWFLHurricane please use spoilers
@ben ....don't even get me started on this...
Rigatoni with Olive Oil, cauliflower, olives, and a touch of tomato paste...
img_1_1667431381994.jpg

You can have all the macro and micro nutrients you want.

If you are not tough and mentally weak. You are going to get hurt. That's it. Softness starts between the ears.

Also not hitting in practice and all the shell drills and non shoulder pad days are leading to all of these injuries, because they are creating softies. Charmin soft wimps. And thats just not our team thats football in general

Advertisement
Ask ANY former Cane (including @Brooklyndee ) about Swasey...and see what their response is. Moffitt was even higher regarded.
I agree it never made sense to me all the disdain for Swasey. We haven’t been as athletic since he’s been gone. Obviously it had a lot to do with the talent we were getting at the time. But those teams had a different level of speed and athleticism while Swasey was here.

Advertisement
This is the correct answer.

I've said it probably 15 times on here but I'll say it again, I will never disparage Swasey's character - and I've shaken his hand in person, but as a S&C coach he and Moffitt and all these guys are dinosaurs.

Training the best college football players ever assembled on one team makes you look like a genius; how hard do you think it really is to train Andre Johnson, Sean Taylor and Jonathan Vilma? Same with Cochran when he was at Bama.
SeanTay HATED lifting period...very rarely was he in the weight room. But would run forever.

He's one of the best in the b'ness. Very well respected. Along with Bryan Mann who is at Miami as well. Gotta listen to them though and not just say "But at Bama in 2012 we..."
I will say, I know that for different sports, the type of stress is very different. Might be more adept for Hockey Sports science than football.

Do you guys notice that he is always behind Mario like a security guard during games? Is this the norm for his position?
Rumor has it that Feld's mustache has powers that many consider to be unnatural. They say it whispers to Mario, "Call timeout now, Mario" at the most inopportune times for its own amusement.

I think it will require an exorcist to shave that thing off

SeanTay HATED lifting period...very rarely was he in the weight room. But would run forever.
Do you not see that you're making my point? A 6'2, 215lbs freak athlete FS who was "rarely" in the weight room?

Swasey had nothing to do with it, he could have been doing Yoga once a week and still would have been the best player on the field.

But when those guys get a championship on freak athleticism, suddenly everyone laments how "good we looked back when we had Swasey."

It wasn't Swasey, it was the athletes.

Advertisement
Back