Coaching Preference Lists Record

Advertisement
The []_[];2361445 said:
@Everyone in this thread with Chud or Schiano on their list

Please explain what qualities they have that would make them a good fit as Miami football CEO.

I've explained my thoughts on Schiano to you before but as usual your opinion is the only thing that matters. My thoughts on Chud is that he's an offensive Xs and Os guy that could probably put together a very good offensive unit here. Has the respect of the cane alumni that matters in these types of decisions.

Has Chud shown that he could successfully lead a football program in your opinion?

1. Jim Tressel

2. Tom Herman

3. Butch Davis

4. Justin Fuente

Lmao at Chud and Schiano getting mentioned.

IDK if you are trolling with Tressel but i do like him. I would put him on my list but i just don't see them even entertaining the thought.

If he didnt have a show cause **** yeah. Tressel can flat out coach.

The show cause isn't that big of a deal.

Tressel would still be able to recruit and assemble his staff. He'd miss the first 5 or 6 games and the bowl game.

Out of every coach that is available, there isn't 1 coach with a better resume.

The []_[];2361445 said:
@Everyone in this thread with Chud or Schiano on their list

Please explain what qualities they have that would make them a good fit as Miami football CEO.

I've explained my thoughts on Schiano to you before but as usual your opinion is the only thing that matters. My thoughts on Chud is that he's an offensive Xs and Os guy that could probably put together a very good offensive unit here. Has the respect of the cane alumni that matters in these types of decisions.

Has Chud shown that he could successfully lead a football program in your opinion?

Did Tom Herman or Justin Fuente show that they could successfully lead a football program before they had they're opportunity in your opinion?

Advertisement
Advertisement
1. Dan Mullen
2. Mike Gundy
3. Butch Davis
4. Tom Herman

Dan Mullen's a legit coach, but based on my previous experience with what he supposedly said and how we reacted, I don't think he's a realistic option here.

Gundy is an interesting name on the list. Have you done a profile on him?

I'm not doubting your inside scoop. But who cares how the interview went 5 years ago?

Schiano didn't want the job 5 years ago, either. Now, he'd jump at it. The same with Butch Davis ... He could have left UNC for Miami, but preferred to stay there.

Mullen might decide to stay at Miss State. But if this admin wants to get a coach they can legitimately place in front of the "old heads in the BBB crowd", Mullen is the guy.

He's competing in the SEC with a disadvantaged program. He could do really well at UM.

That's the guy, IMO. He's the original Tom Herman, who's already proven he can build his program up.

I REALLY hope you are wrong about the "fit" for Mullen.

1. Butch Davis
2. Tom Herman
3. Chuck Pagano
4. Hue Jackson
5. Strong
6. Fuente

Advertisement
1. Dan Mullen
2. Mike Gundy
3. Butch Davis
4. Tom Herman

Dan Mullen's a legit coach, but based on my previous experience with what he supposedly said and how we reacted, I don't think he's a realistic option here.

I'm not doubting your inside scoop. But who cares how the interview went 5 years ago?

Schiano didn't want the job 5 years ago, either. Now, he'd jump at it. The same with Butch Davis ... He could have left UNC for Miami, but preferred to stay there.

Mullen might decide to stay at Miss State. But if this admin wants to get a coach they can legitimately place in front of the "old heads in the BBB crowd", Mullen is the guy.

He's competing in the SEC with a disadvantaged program. He could do really well at UM.

That's the guy, IMO. He's the original Tom Herman, who's already proven he can build his program up.

Have you watched Miss. St. games? Mullen is notorious for overly conservative bone-headed calls at the end of games that result in losses. He does it over and over.

He's been there a long time with access to stud talent -- especially on defense -- in Mississippi, and they have never gotten over the hump.

They had everything set up for a huge season last year and completely ****ed it away, including losing to their arch rival Miss. and the bowl game. And there was a lot of talent on that team. Bottom line they underperformed, when they started to feel pressure. That type of choking derives directly from the head coach.

He would be a terrible fit at UM, as the pressure is on from day one.

1. Dan Mullen
2. Mike Gundy
3. Butch Davis
4. Tom Herman

Have you watched Miss. St. games? Mullen is notorious for overly conservative bone-headed calls at the end of games that result in losses. He does it over and over.

He's been there a long time with access to stud talent -- especially on defense -- in Mississippi, and they have never gotten over the hump.

They had everything set up for a huge season last year and completely ****ed it away, including losing to their arch rival Miss. and the bowl game. And there was a lot of talent on that team. Bottom line they underperformed, when they started to feel pressure. That type of choking derives directly from the head coach.

He would be a terrible fit at UM, as the pressure is on from day one.

His recruiting class rankings and NFL drafts don't support the argument that he's had talented teams.

But I get it, you don't like Mullen.

I might argue that Mullen has been conservative because he hasn't had the horses. But maybe he is conservative?? I don't remember that being the case when he was at Florida ... But maybe that was Urban making the calls???

1) Butch Davis
2) Tom Herman
3) Dino Babers
4) Dan Mullen
5) Mike Gundy

I think we could get the first 3 if we wanted, I would be happy with any of them. Dan Mullen was interested last time, he's won with less, as the underdog at MSU in the SEC and I would like to see him bring in Manny Diaz as DC. Gundy is at his alum, he's getting paid well, and he's winning now so I doubt he comes but I've like him as a HC for a while, no reason we can't ask or gauge interest.

Butch is the most solid/lowest floor HC we could get, Herman might have the highest ceiling based on how well I think he would recruit here as well as already having a great staff and his offense would be legit here. Dino Babers, from the Art Briles tree would be great as well, ceiling could be higher than Herman, just not too sure about him recruiting though. He could be the type of different hire that we need to get back to the elite status.

Advertisement
1. Jim Tressel

2. Tom Herman

3. Butch Davis

4. Justin Fuente

Lmao at Chud and Schiano getting mentioned.

IDK if you are trolling with Tressel but i do like him. I would put him on my list but i just don't see them even entertaining the thought.

If he didnt have a show cause **** yeah. Tressel can flat out coach.

The show cause isn't that big of a deal.

Tressel would still be able to recruit and assemble his staff. He'd miss the first 5 or 6 games and the bowl game.

Out of every coach that is available, there isn't 1 coach with a better resume.

I disagree about the show cause but completely agree about Tressel's ability. He would be the one home run hire out of all the guys mentioned. He is a proven winner.

Herman Highest ceiling
Butch Highest floor

Rich Rodriguez (would be fun to watch)
Mario (would prefer to see him paired with Butch)

Advertisement
Back