Coaching Preference Lists Record

LuCane

Administrator
Administrator
I'm getting somewhat confused between comments against and for different potential head coaches. I think most posters want a discussion. But, it's not totally clear to me who are the specific preferences.

Can we place our CURRENT preferences in this thread? We can do a top 4 or 5.

I'll start:

1. Butch Davis
2. Tom Herman
3. Hue Jackson
4. Justin Fuente

I'm not going to get into the rationale(s) in the original thread. I think Tom Herman is potentially the best and most intriguing of the bunch. I don't have him as my top preference because of other alternatives/reasons/risks that ultimately add up to him not being the best fit for right now. Also, I didn't want to get into the speculation of Chip Kelly and some of those types of names. Yes, obviously those should be explored, if at all realistic.

What say you guys? Can we get a clear idea here? Yes, I get that some things will likely change.

Advertisement
1. Herman
2. Fuente
3. Pagano
4. Butch

**There are many others that would be ahead of all of those if we could possibly pull them in......like Kelly, Patterson, etc...

Advertisement
Herman
Butch
Strong
Chud

I said it before and got negged but a nole friend said Butch doesn't worry him. Talked to another nole friend and he said same thing. They don't wanna see Herman in Miami.

Realistic list:
1. Herman
2. Butch
3. Hue
4. Fuente
5. Babers

Semi/un-realistic list:
All these guys ahead of everyone on the previous list--> Kelly, Pagano, Gundy, Patterson, Mullen.

Advertisement
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Ranking coaches by strictly 1,2,3,4 isnt good enough. I'd rather use a tier system

Tier 1-: Butch and Herman ( Kelly, but I don't think there's the slightest chance)
Tier 2- : Fuente, Pagano, Hue
Tier 3: Strong, Chud

Undesirables- Lane Kiffin, Cristobal

Chuck Pagano is my top choice. I know Davis, Schiano, Chud, Cristobal and Stoops are on some list. What I don't know is the outsiders. Of the inside guys, Pagano is the home run IMO.

Advertisement
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Ranking coaches by strictly 1,2,3,4 isnt good enough. I'd rather use a tier system

Tier 1-: Butch and Herman ( Kelly, but I don't think there's the slightest chance)
Tier 2- : Fuente, Pagano, Hue
Tier 3: Strong, Chud

Undesirables- Lane Kiffin, Cristobal

It doesn't differentiate between whether you prefer Butch or Herman. This is a thread of "if not ____, then..."

Butch is my #1 because of who I am told he'd bring along and what I think of their potential. If he's not taken, I'm going to be elated "if we get" Herman (who I think has a higher ceiling than Butch). If we can't get either, I prefer Hue Jackson's risks to Fuente's risks. And, so on.

I don't have Kelly on there because I'll wait to hear it's a realistic possibility.

1. Herman
2. Brohm
3. Fuente
4. Babers
5. Jackson

If those 5 fail then by unanimous decision I declare Butch Davis as HC

Advertisement
Fuente scares me a little. Is his success because of great coaching or landing a once a decade qb?

Guys like that qb rarely slip through the cracks

1. Herman
2. Butch
3. Hue (doubt he comes here)
4. Strong (doubt he comes here)
5. Pagano

Advertisement
Back