COACHING FIRINGS

Things are about to warm up
giphy - 2021-01-04T170746.730.gif

Advertisement
Didn't they also a day or 2 earlier spend 1M hiring a firm to help with the coaching search.We don't have money but threw away 5M like it was pennies.
They do have the money. They ARE spending money. They just have bad decision makers in decision making roles.

Advertisement
Why, because you said no, at least back it up. I explained why he'd make for a good hire schematically.
Well, as an Eagles fan (I am from Philly), as well as @Cribby and @PIPO we can tell you is not a fit. He does run a hybrid of a double A scheme with a little wide 9.
Problem? He likes to play his corners in OFF COVERAGE and doesn't value the LB position. Everything is based on the defensive front. Doesn't blitz or cause chaos to force the QB into simple mistakes.
I watch A LOT of film on Philly. Nothing against you.

Now, if Manny wanted someone who could run the scheme most SFla defensive athletes would like/love.... look at the Jim Johnson (Andy Reid's DC until his death) 4-3 zone blitz attack scheme, or maybe under the McDermott/Spagnoula defensive tree, but more specifically Steve's coaching tree. He implemented a striker-like scheme with the Giants when he was DC (see Antrell Rolle's role during his times with the Giants) and currently with the Chiefs (see Tyrann Matthieu).
I jus personally know his scheme wouldn't work here, nor would he go to the college ranks.

Well, as an Eagles fan (I am from Philly), as well as @Cribby and @PIPO we can tell you is not a fit. He does run a hybrid of a double A scheme with a little wide 9.
Problem? He likes to play his corners in OFF COVERAGE and doesn't value the LB position. Everything is based on the defensive front. Doesn't blitz or cause chaos to force the QB into simple mistakes.

Now, if Manny wanted someone who could run the scheme most SFla defensive athletes would like/love.... look at the Jim Johnson (Andy Reid's DC until his death) 4-3 zone blitz attack scheme, or maybe under the McDermott/Spagnoula defensive tree, but more specifically Steve's coaching tree. He implemented a striker-like scheme with the Giants when he was DC (see Antrell Rolle's role during his times with the Giants) and currently with the Chiefs (see Tyrann Matthieu).
I jus personally know his scheme wouldn't work here, nor would he go to the college ranks.
Remind me again of that idiot that ran a wide 9 defensive front and we got torched that one year? What was the D-line coach’s name? I think that’s when Andy ended up getting fired.

Remind me again of that idiot that ran a wide 9 defensive front and we got torched that one year? What was the D-line coach’s name? I think that’s when Andy ended up getting fired.
Jim Washburn?

Advertisement

Thank you, I appreciate that. See I'm on the other side of seeing him run a defense. He was the DC when Doug Marrone was the Bills head coach, what I like is since we already have meh linebackers and his scheme is using the front 4 to mostly create pressure with double a gap blitzing sprinkled in, our roster is already in a plus spot. Regardless of who comes in to run our defense will have to be okay only having 6 corners on the roster (as of right now) so maybe playing to keep it infront of us isn't a terrible thing.

Advertisement
People in here asking for Jim Schwartz to be hired is insane, any eagles fan will tell about the severe poor linebacker play, DBs left on islands incomplete mistmatches, the complete lack of player development year over year.

Advertisement
Just got told that a client at a friends agency is interested in the DL coaching job here and had a good conversation about the job and there’s certainly competition and interest building for it. I’ve heard 2 names now - 1 I accidentally leaked. I’m not even hinting at this one because it’s confidential stuff. He never told me directly but I know who they represent. Another good name (only thing I’ll say is I could have missed it but I have not seen it on the board). By the way he discussed it, there’s definitely more than those 2 interested.

All of that to say I would expect Stroud to retire based off of that.

Also, they’re trying to push another client to Miami to see if they’ll make an offer as a DB coach that I would be happy with. He’s also got some interest from UF and Texas and no it is not TRob. They think he’d be happiest at Miami but if Texas offers.. their money is going to be better. Also depends on their DC hire because Ash coached Safeties and he wants full secondary.

All I got for now.

Last edited:
People in here asking for Jim Schwartz to be hired is insane, any eagles fan will tell about the severe poor linebacker play, DBs left on islands incomplete mistmatches, the complete lack of player development year over year.
THIS.

GO BIRDS FIRE DOUG PEDERSON AND HOWIE ROSEMAN

Keep Jeff Stoutland.... unless he wants to come back to the U....

Plus Schwartz is contemplating retirement.

AND NO FAKE BAKER IS NOT ALLOWED IN PHILLY

Remember when Andy moved Juan Castillo from OL coach to DC??? 😂😂😂 Good times.
Holy S**t! That was an all-timer. That’s when he got fired a d now look at him! Wish Andy was still our coach and he brought Pat Maholms and dem boyz with him.
Totally different coach. He went from throwing deep to Trash & Stinkston to Ty Hill, Kelce, etc.

Advertisement
Back