Coaching change

Advertisement
I’m just asking a question. I’m not big on Martin either. Just asking because of what I heard on the radio. They were talking as it was public knowledge. But I do know coach L needs to do a better job recruiting.

If we hired Martin, South Carolina would be almost as happy as we were when Mizzou hired Haith. Martin's made the NCAA tournament once in the last 7 years. He'd get eaten alive in the ACC.

Let's hope the AD's office conducts a thorough hiring process instead of picking the one guy that applies for the job who also happens to have local ties.

Advertisement
isn't Martin to basketball what the Pirate is to football, lots of flash but no finish.

If we hired Martin, South Carolina would be almost as happy as we were when Mizzou hired Haith. Martin's made the NCAA tournament once in the last 7 years. He'd get eaten alive in the ACC.

Let's hope the AD's office conducts a thorough hiring process instead of picking the one guy that applies for the job who also happens to have local ties.
Well there isn't a need for a thorough hiring process at this time, since Coach L is not going anywhere. I am sure James has a list of possible replacements when that time comes.

Advertisement
Other names: Nate Oats and his predecessor Bobby Hurley (its Arizona State, we SHOULD be able to pry him away), Mick Cronin, Shaka if he's started hearing the whispers, and Mike Rhoades.

After watching Randy Bennett's post-game interview tonight, I'm all the way the **** out on him. Dude sounds like he's on something, and admitted that his team got lucky af.

Give me an example where he was lazy. And don't give me Manny.

If you were AD, would you force Coach L out?
1. Manny counts. Just because you don't want to admit it was a lazy hire, that doesn't make it untrue. Also, have you looked at our baseball HC? The son of our program's biggest booster. Also promoted from within. With no previous HC experience. Lazy.

2. Yeah, probably.

There is NO way he is leaving.. The timing would be terrible. If he were retiring, would have known months ago.
Totally different. Richt had to fire coaches and give up play calling. He didnt have the stomach to do that.

Seems Coach Richt retired for various reasons. One of them being he was burnt out. IF Coach L is to step aside at the end of the season, I'm sure it has more to do with this than the losing. Not sure how old you are, but I can attest to the fact that at a certain time in life there comes a moment where you decide you want to do something else with your time. Either way, it wouldn't shock me to see Coach L stay or go.

Advertisement
Frank Martin=Mario Cristobal. No thanks. Coach L's son is definitely a long shot but he should be the first call when the day comes and who knows, maybe Coach L will be our wingman.

1. Manny counts. Just because you don't want to admit it was a lazy hire, that doesn't make it untrue. Also, have you looked at our baseball HC? The son of our program's biggest booster. Also promoted from within. With no previous HC experience. Lazy.

2. Yeah, probably.

on 2, its his first really bad season at UM in a year where he was tanked by the FBI. you don't force him out right now. if the trend continues, then yes.

Advertisement
The guy is entitled to his opinion but I sure as **** wouldn't want him to run my athletic department

Seems Coach Richt retired for various reasons. One of them being he was burnt out. IF Coach L is to step aside at the end of the season, I'm sure it has more to do with this than the losing. Not sure how old you are, but I can attest to the fact that at a certain time in life there comes a moment where you decide you want to do something else with your time. Either way, it wouldn't shock me to see Coach L stay or go.
I would absolutely be stunned if he retires before the end of his.contract in 2023.

Coach L is 10x the coach that Martin will ever be. **** no.

That would be a lazy, inept hire, so of course I wouldn't be shocked if James made it. That said, it's also a stupid hire, because Martin hasn't shown the ability to do ANYTHING at South Carolina outside of one major run.This is L's second losing season in his Miami tenure. Martin has barely finished at .500 over the last two years, he has ONE NCAA appearance in his entire tenure. Let that settle in.

If L does walk away, Miami should go all in on Randy Bennett at St. Marys, or better yet Fred Hoiberg, who may be ready to come back to college hoops. Those are the hires a competent, forward thinking AD would make.

Advertisement
Back