Coaching Carousel- Merged Coaching Musical Chairs Thread

Auburn coaching search being hamstrung by two of their major boosters : Jimmy Rane, founder and CEO of Great Southern Wood Preserving, and Raymond Harbert, CFO of global private investment firm Harbert Management Corp. Harbert donated $40 million to Auburn, for which they renamed their business school after him.

Seems these two are pulling the strings behind the scenes, managing which assistants are retained, etc. They are part of the group that planned to insert Kevin Steele into the HC job without a real search. Harbert was involved with the Malzahn extension which just cost them $21 million.

Is it any wonder no one wants this job?????

they want some of those defensive coaches retained cause they don’t want to pay another 10 million in early buyouts. It’s a complete mess

Advertisement
20201222_114138.jpg

How long before they call Lashlee?

(Joking: you don't pay 21.5 million dollars to fire your HC only to hire one of his disciple.........right?)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Looks like they have struck out so bad that they are now moving in on Freeze hahaha.

he was always the best option but you basically tell the elite country you don’t care that your coach was a massive recruiting cheater and loves the hookers. What a move by Auburn

It's weird to me that the coaching boards for these SEC teams that fire their coach are all the same. They all want Freeze, Venables, Tony Elliott, Napier, Sark, Kiffin, etc etc.

5 years ago they all wanted Smart, Muschamp, Kiffin, etc

Surprised no one has thrown a blank check at Pat Fitzgerald (I know he's not been willing to leave before but you'd think Auburn could change his mind) or Brian Harsin or even put their focus on someone in the NFL. Isn't it proven that Saban's former assistants are going to beat him and if they do it is going to be a one-off? He teaches them enough to go out on their own and run a good program but he's keeping the secret formula to himself - along with all of the bags that can't be beat.
Harsin is a good hire. Finally someone stepped out and did something different in the SEC

Interesting to see if Boise gets Kellen Moore now

Advertisement
Harsin is a good hire. Finally someone stepped out and did something different in the SEC

Interesting to see if Boise gets Kellen Moore now

Yeah, Harsin is a solid football coach. With SEC money and Auburn's willingness to splurge on the staff, could be a very good -- albeit unsexy -- hire.

Also LOL at Auburn people on Twitter saying "Harsin doesn't beat Saban/Bama."

No ****. NO ONE is beating Saban/Bama these days besides Clemson. You get the guy now to lead your program for the decade after Saban retires. Harsin can be that guy.

Yeah, Harsin is a solid football coach. With SEC money and Auburn's willingness to splurge on the staff, could be a very good -- albeit unsexy -- hire.
Still won’t beat Saban. He should be a solid hire until Saban rides off into the sunset and then he could try to make a move

Also LOL at Auburn people on Twitter saying "Harsin doesn't beat Saban/Bama."

No ****. NO ONE is beating Saban/Bama these days besides Clemson. You get the guy now to lead your program for the decade after Saban retires. Harsin can be that guy.
Lol just said the exact same thing. That’s gotta be the goal at this point.. hold steady and wait to capitalize after Saban

Advertisement
Probably Tuberville, but **** I don’t think Malzahn was all that bad either, I mean he was 68-35 for his career with a 66% winning percentage, he couldn’t get over the hump, but expectations are probably unrealistic.

Terry Bowden was good for them too until his last season at AU, he had problems with recruiting & clashed with the AD & administration at AU so they axed him.

I just think AU’s problem is they live in Bama’s shadow & are constantly chasing an unattainable ladder of success by always comparing themselves to Bama.

Sounds vaguely familiar. I've been missing my ladder since 2001.

Advertisement
Back