Coaching Carousel 2021-2022 - Not Miami Related (locked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
LCE, how come Texas Tech always has an outside WR and then a slot WR coach? I know they run the air raid but can you explain that?
Thanks, as always.
Usually one is a coach and one is a recruiter. TE’s and Slot’s in the air raid run the same route combinations and the TE’s work on blocking with the OLine.

Usually one is a coach and one is a recruiter. TE’s and Slot’s in the air raid run the same route combinations and the TE’s work on blocking with the OLine.
True, and I’ll add on. In true air raid systems, at the high school level, schools have soooo many kids playing WR (good to horrible, 😂🤣😂), that you need 2 guys coaching them. Throw in some RBs (H position in the Franklin Spread) with good hands, and that adds even more kids. In those systems, the WRs are running basically the same routes, so it’s the number of kids that leads to them needing to have 2 sets of eyes on them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Terrific pickup for UIW.

Coach Kinne is from Mesquite TX, was a GA at SMU on Chad Morris’s staff, followed him to Arkansas as an analyst & then was Todd Graham’s OC at Hawaii for the last 2 seasons.

Todd Graham’s coaching tree just keeps expanding.
I believe Kinne was QB under Graham at Tulsa?

The number of guys who were Air Raid QBs a decade ago getting coaching jobs today is staggering.

ron swanson spinning GIF
Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

I believe Kinne was QB under Graham at Tulsa?

The number of guys who were Air Raid QBs a decade ago getting coaching jobs today is staggering.
He was.

The Todd Graham coaching tree keeps expanding, I posted it in the Dan Lanning thread when he got hired by Oregon, but dozens of coaches most wouldn’t even expect have come from the Todd Graham tree, he’s basically like a mini Mike Leach in terms of how vast his coaching tree actually is.

Todd Graham is another one of them HS coaches that came from Texas & revolutionized the college game.

Terrific pickup for UIW.

Coach Kinne is from Mesquite TX, was a GA at SMU on Chad Morris’s staff, followed him to Arkansas as an analyst & then was Todd Graham’s OC at Hawaii for the last 2 seasons.

Todd Graham’s coaching tree just keeps expanding.
I remember this guy with my Philadelphia Eagles for a few seasons on their practice squad.

Advertisement
Mike Gundy is 148-69 for his career with a 10-5 Bowl record.

He’s taken OK St to the highest peak they’ve ever been to, he’s by far their greatest coach in school history.
I think this is one of those rare coach/program relationships that realizes how good of a situation they're in and don't want to mess it up. Gundy can consistently win 8-9 games a year with occasional dips into double digits and the Cowboys faithful love it. Kind of like Kirk Ferentz at Iowa. These are programs that recognize their ceilings and aren’t getting delusions of grandeur.

Mike Gundy is 148-69 for his career with a 10-5 Bowl record.

He’s taken OK St to the highest peak they’ve ever been to, he’s by far their greatest coach in school history.
They holding onto his *** boy they not getting anything better than that. Does he recruit well?

Advertisement
They keep extending this dude and all he does is lose. Lol unless this their ceiling

If Gundy’s RB had any power or wherewithal to cut back into the endzone from the 1 yard line, OKSt would be in The CFP. He’s a pretty **** good coach & they don’t nearly get the same caliber of players OU or UT gets.

If Gundy’s RB had any power or wherewithal to cut back into the endzone from the 1 yard line, OKSt would be in The CFP. He’s a pretty **** good coach & they don’t nearly get the same caliber of players OU or UT gets.
Would u have been tight if he got hired here? Sheeeesh I dunno man I didn't want a play caller u know me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back