Coaching Carousel 2021-2022 - Not Miami Related (locked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
If not, this place is gonna be a ****show.
yr7n0u3qzO9nG.gif

I don't buy the Dabo to Oklahoma rumors, but if it does go down, WTF happened to Clemson? That means they got prison raped and had their AD, HC, and DC stolen by other teams.

I don't buy the Dabo to Oklahoma rumors, but if it does go down, WTF happened to Clemson? That means they got prison raped and had their AD, HC, and DC stolen by other teams.
ACC has a full reset. Who would be the most tenured coach, Clawson?

Advertisement
You mean to Clemson? If all those dudes leave (AD, HC, DC, OC), it smells like they know the NCAA is coming for them
Yes, Lane rolling into Clemson...

Although I don’t know about the NCAA bit. We assume a bag game and stuff, but Clemson seems an NCAA-darling. They would have shut it down earlier if that was an issue. I mean, they beat the Bama meal ticket twice already. Besides, if there were issues worth sanctioning can’t the NCAA sanction the offending coaches at their new school?

AD - Doesn’t want to reset at Clemson, so returns to SFla at $3M/yr until retirement.
HC and DC - Don‘t want to rebuild either.

You mean to Clemson? If all those dudes leave (AD, HC, DC, OC), it smells like they know the NCAA is coming for them
This.

If Radakovich, Dabo, Venables & Tony E all leave consecutively, it’s clear they’re getting the hammer from the NCAA & this is the Pete Carroll dipping out on USC in the middle of the night moment for them.

I think Oklahoma will go get Kiffin, but if they’re really in it for Dabo that would be crazy.

The ACC would be broken in half in just one offseason, nearly the entire Coastal will have new coaches & the one powerhouse program in the conference would be in rebuild mode.

Also, if Dabo leaves Clemson, the Portal is filling up with Clemson players.

This.

If Radakovich, Dabo, Venables & Tony E all leave consecutively, it’s clear they’re getting the hammer from the NCAA & this is the Pete Carroll dipping out on USC in the middle of the night moment for them.

I think Oklahoma will go get Kiffin, but if they’re really in it for Dabo that would be crazy.

The ACC would be broken in half in just one offseason, nearly the entire Coastal will have new coaches & the one powerhouse program in the conference would be in rebuild mode.

Breese and the rest of their DL come on down lol

• Love
Reactions: ben
Advertisement
This.

If all this happens, this is our moment. If not now, it probably isn’t happening

Yes, Lane rolling into Clemson...

Although I don’t know about the NCAA bit. We assume a bag game and stuff, but Clemson seems an NCAA-darling. They would have shut it down earlier if that was an issue. I mean, they beat the Bama meal ticket twice already. Besides, if there were issues worth sanctioning can’t the NCAA sanction the offending coaches at their new school?

AD - Doesn’t want to reset at Clemson, so returns to SFla at $3M/yr until retirement.
HC and DC - Don‘t want to rebuild either.

If it's a rebuild, it's a minor one. They are a bowl game win away from finishing 10-3 despite having a below average QB. Add a top shelf QB from the portal (been common last couple years to have good ones hit the market) and they are right back in control of the acc. Would have to be something more going on if all the coaches are running away. Btw, Venables would really be a cuck if he followed Dabo to Oklahoma to be his DC again. Grow a pair and go be a HC instead of Dabos puppy following him around.

If it's a rebuild, it's a minor one. They are a bowl game win away from finishing 10-3 despite having a below average QB. Add a top shelf QB from the portal (been common last couple years to have good ones hit the market) and they are right back in control of the acc. Would have to be something more going on if all the coaches are running away.
Yeah, but assistants and coordinators often leave. Clemson has been somewhat immune, but perhaps Lincoln Riley’s move shook them up. Venables has been a HC candidate for years but was waiting for the right job. Maybe OU is it. OC Tony Scott is leaving, rumored.

Hey, maybe Saban loses to UGA, and announces he’s retiring after their bowl game. Dabo, c’mon down…..

Its Crazy Season…

His is indeed, a very good WR coach.

And you brought up a great example about how coaching roles and skills are very different. And they are not necessarily transferrable.

Just because you are a good position coach, does not mean you are a good coordinator. And just because you are a good coordinator, doesn’t mean you are a good head coach. And just because you can do all of those, doesn’t mean you’re a good recruiter. It goes the other direction too.

The examples are too numerous to mention, but just think about the names that are familiar to Miami fans:

Marc Trestman? Great Qb coach. Mediocre coordinator

Dave Wannstedt? Great coordinator, mediocre Head coach

Randy Shannon? Terrible head coach, but really good LB coach

Greg Schiano? Was mediocre as a DB coach, but was a good DC

Don Soldinger? He and Joe Brodsky may have been the best RB coaches in history, but Solly couldn’t recruit a starving man to the buffet line at Sizzler

And it goes on and on …
Manny Diaz? Mediocre DC, terrible HC.

Advertisement
Stranger things have happened lol

But I think we’re a little too deep into the volcano to not hit lava at this point.

I’ve been the most staunch & vocal poster against us hiring Mario & even I can see it’s pretty obvious he’s coming.

The only thing that can derail it is if he just simply doesn’t wanna leave Eugene & gets a record breaking extension.

In volcano, you don't hit lava. Lava hits you!

Yeah, but assistants and coordinators often leave. Clemson has been somewhat immune, but perhaps Lincoln Riley’s move shook them up. Venables has been a HC candidate for years but was waiting for the right job. Maybe OU is it. OC Tony Scott is leaving, rumored.

Hey, maybe Saban loses to UGA, and announces he’s retiring after their bowl game. Dabo, c’mon down…..

Its Crazy Season…

If Dabo stays and Venables goes to OK to be HC, that makes sense. If virtually every person in the football program, from AD all the way down to coordinators leaves at the same time after what may end up as a 10 win season, something is rotten in South Carolina. As you suggested, if there is a chance Saban retires and all the Clemson staff knows this, then that might be an explanation for the exodus. They would be absolutely gutted. Have to say, as far as other fan bases go, I've never had an issue with Clemson so I can't say I'd delight in their collapse as much as I would at UNC or FSU.

If Dabo stays and Venables goes to OK to be HC, that makes sense. If virtually every person in the football program, from AD all the way down to coordinators leaves at the same time after what may end up as a 10 win season, something is rotten in South Carolina.
Could be. We’ll see.

Advertisement
This.

Can sanctions follow an administrator or coach? For example, if Dabo split for OU and Clemson was sanctioned, could this impact Dabo, and OU by association? Fired coaches can have show-cause penalties, but what if they’ve already taken another job?

Can sanctions follow an administrator or coach? For example, if Dabo split for OU and Clemson was sanctioned, could this impact Dabo, and OU by association? Fired coaches can have show-cause penalties, but what if they’ve already taken another job?
Yes, if I remember correctly when South Carolina and Bama self-reported the same recruiting violation in roughly the same timeframe a few years back Bama got a written warning and Carolina was docked some level of contact and the two offending coaches from Carolina got some sort of penalty despite neither still being with the school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back