Coaching Carousel 2021-2022 - Not Miami Related (locked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Combined with Elston leaving, those are 2 HUGE loses for ND.

I’d heard Derek Mason was also in the mix. Will be interesting to see if he stays at Auburn or moves on.
I would be shocked if he stayed with AU, I’ve heard that he & Harsin didn’t get along too well.

But I would imagine he don’t mind staying in the SEC.

Advertisement
FWIW - Tyson Campbell, who was not good at Georgia, and started his NFL career about as poorly as you could imagine...ended up playing really good football in the last few weeks of the season.

He started 31 games for a top 5 program in just three years and led the UGA defense in PBU's his last year. He was the 33rd pick in the NFL Draft. Which means, in draft value, he panned out at a 5-star level as there are more than 33 kids awarded 5 stars in each class. He signed a $9M+ rookie deal with over $7M guaranteed. I'd kill for us to get some "not good" guys like that!

He started 31 games for a top 5 program in just three years and led the UGA defense in PBU's his last year. He was the 33rd pick in the NFL Draft. Which means, in draft value, he panned out at a 5-star level as there are more than 33 kids awarded 5 stars in each class. He signed a $9M+ rookie deal with over $7M guaranteed. I'd kill for us to get some "not good" guys like that!
I suggest you watch him at UGA. Dude got burned a lot.

He's a long athletic corner. Those guys get a ton of opportunities, even if they get burned. Trevon Diggs...another starter at a big time program that got burned at the college level...surprise, he still gets burned in the pros (let up over 1000 receiving yards this year, wild). Campbell wasn't very good at the start of his career in Jacksonville...but he got very good by the end of the year.

As for Campbell in college...senior year allowed 30 catches on 46 targets for 340 yards.

His development in the pro game is a credit to Tim Walton, which was the point.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back