COACHING/ADMIN UPDATES MEGGGGAAAAAAATHREAD

Advertisement
Yeah, pure hypocrisy. I'm sure the next step is he'll permanently ban me for calling a spade a spade and saying exactly what he is in my last post.

The funny thing is....this board is driven by an underlying derivative that is DYING. It's always wise to take inventory of your situation.
You're still an idiot who only shows up when things are not good.

I think both Feldman and our poster can be correct about the money owed they are just not looking at it the right way. Feldman said if he were to be fired today he would be owed the 8 million. That covers the rest of the season plus whatever the year 3 buyout is.

Like most coaches contracts, come January the buyouts drops because it would be year 4 which means less money owed on the rest of the contract which means less of a buyout they have to pay Manny.

Its also Monday morning and Manny is still here so this whole mega thread was for nothing

You are making an assumption by saying that the buyout figure drops after some arbitrary date.

I posted in a thread I created my opinion on Manny’s buyout number. As I said I’d bet my house it’s not $8mm.

One piece of info I can agree with is that since Manny wasn’t fired today, they (BOT) are taking it game by game.

Another complimentary component is how incredibly quite Blake James is especially with basketball season gearing up.

This is contradictory to the past 15 yrs, but I’m guessing the ESPN Gameday grenade has really caused a stir at UM, in a good way, and given more leverage to the more football focused BOT members. And the reason things are so quite is because there is going to be major changes within the Athletic Department. It’s just a matter of when as they get their ducks in a row

This is opinion, not trying to pass off any insider info. One could argue that I’m sprinkling in some optimism with here, but the momentum for major change has never been this strong before, with a big help from Kirk H

It is Monday morning. The young college football season is five weeks in and Miami is sitting lowly at #14 out of 14 teams in the conference. I am just sitting here wondering why the **** people who presided over this dumpster fire of a mess are still employed. Why? What the **** is the hold up? Lets get the **** plunger out and unclog this ************ already. Shove a toilet snake up Blake James' *** and crank the handle. C'mon BoT. Roto-Rooter, *******!

1633360661535.png

Advertisement
It is Monday morning. The young college football season is five weeks in and Miami is sitting lowly at #14 out of 14 teams in the conference. I am just sitting here wondering why the **** people who presided over this dumpster fire of a mess are still employed. Why? What the **** is the hold up? Lets get the **** plunger out and unclog this ************ already. Shove a toilet snake up Blake James' *** and crank the handle. C'mon BoT. Roto-Rooter, *******!

View attachment 156993
Diaz: “We control our own destiny”

They aren't waiting until January to fire him. You're looking at an unmitigated PR disaster otherwise

if say the guy is Mario, then he wouldn't accept the job till after the Oregon bowl game anyways, so realistically they could wait to fire him and have the deal done with Mario at the same time.

If by that you mean I’m a loyal fan that’s been part of this community for the last 20 years ….guilty as charged . Things haven’t been good in a long time .
Maybe you need to root harder for our opponents. That should help prove how much of a fan you are.

Put your money where your mouth is.

Advertisement
Maybe you need to root harder for our opponents. That should help prove how much of a fan you are.

🧢

Just bought a Mack/manny father son portrait

if say the guy is Mario, then he wouldn't accept the job till after the Oregon bowl game anyways, so realistically they could wait to fire him and have the deal done with Mario at the same time.
No reason to wait to fire Diaz

Fire him and let the rumor mill begin

Advertisement
If by that you mean I’m a loyal fan that’s been part of this community for the last 20 years ….guilty as charged . Things haven’t been good in a long time .
I’ve got you by over 30 years. Things weren’t good well before 1983. If you became a Miami “fan” (and I use that term loosely in your case) because of the championships, or the “swag”, or to jump on the “U” bandwagon, you have no clue as to the years and years of mediocrity many of us suffered through pre-Schnelly.

I’ve said this many times in threads on this site; Schnelly caught the CFB world by surprise. JJ capitalized on that success, Erickson managed to keep the ball rolling, then Shapiro shows up and f-cks up everything. Butch somehow got us back and flew the coop (for whatever debatable reason/s) and it’s been downhill ever since.

We won’t and can’t catch anybody by surprise any more. The success of the 80’s and 90’s were a phenomenon started by an innovative coach that caught CFB by surprise. The only way we can return to that type of success is to hire a visionary AD and a transformational HC. There aren’t many of either out there and the few that there may be, good luck getting either to come to a small private school about as far south in the US as you can get with a helluva mess in the athletic department.

Advertisement
I’ve got you by over 30 years. Things weren’t good well before 1983. If you became a Miami “fan” (and I use that term loosely in your case) because of the championships, or the “swag”, or to jump on the “U” bandwagon, you have no clue as to the years and years of mediocrity many of us suffered through pre-Schnelly.

I’ve said this many times in threads on this site; Schnelly caught the CFB world by surprise. JJ capitalized on that success, Erickson managed to keep the ball rolling, then Shapiro shows up and f-cks up everything. Butch somehow got us back and flew the coop (for whatever debatable reason/s) and it’s been downhill ever since.

We won’t and can’t catch anybody by surprise any more. The success of the 80’s and 90’s were a phenomenon started by an innovative coach that caught CFB by surprise. The only way we can return to that type of success is to hire a visionary AD and a transformational HC. There aren’t many of either out there and the few that there may be, good luck getting either to come to a small private school about as far south in the US as you can get with a helluva mess in the athletic department.

Visionary AD:
Tom Jurich (CLEARED OF ALL CHARGES)

Transformational HC:
Fickell

And Jurich can bring along Rick Pitino

In 3 years Miami will be on top of the football world and in the final 4 in basketball. Too easy. Unfortunately we are stuck with Gino in baseball since we need that sweet tomato money from his tomato dad.

Right @RVACane

Upon further consideration I've re-ranked my coaches and I've got Fickell on top of my board. G5 with two wins over P5s including Notre Dame. Stoops is #2 for beating UF. That puts them over Kiffin, Mario, and the rest.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back