COACHING/ADMIN UPDATES MEGGGGAAAAAAATHREAD

Advertisement
GTFOH. None of this makes any sense, take your troll crap somewhere else.

Kirby Smart was a **** of a lot more qualified at the time of hiring than Manny Diaz was. Manny Diaz, at that point in time, had ALREADY BEEN FIRED AS A COORDINATOR and our only competition for his services was TEMPLE.

I'll say it again, giving an EIGHT MILLION DOLLAR BUYOUT IN YEAR THREE to a guy who was NEVER qualified for the job to begin with is just the DEFINITION OF ASININE BEHAVIOR.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.
WTF are you talking about? It's literally the specifics of a buyout for a recently hired coach that was given a similar contract and comes from a similar background. Kirby Smart had 7 years experience as a DC and only under Saban. You can argue that Manny shouldn't have been hired (based on results that occurred over the next three years), but you are not being objective and comparing his salary and buyout to other coaches.

You're just a guy that likes to complain which is why you only show up when Miami isn't doing well.

Advertisement
GTFOH. None of this makes any sense, take your troll crap somewhere else.

Kirby Smart was a **** of a lot more qualified at the time of hiring than Manny Diaz was. Manny Diaz, at that point in time, had ALREADY BEEN FIRED AS A COORDINATOR and our only competition for his services was TEMPLE.

I'll say it again, giving an EIGHT MILLION DOLLAR BUYOUT IN YEAR THREE to a guy who was NEVER qualified for the job to begin with is just the DEFINITION OF ASININE BEHAVIOR.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.
I think you left on caps lock by mistake.

I'm a Carolina Panthers fan. Do you know how obnoxious the Tar Heel fans are on the board I post on?

I'd love to avoid that fate by the Admin doing their job and sacking James / Diaz before Monday.
Man. This is BIG facts. I was stationed in Fort Bragg, their fans are some of the most vile, dumb, racist mfers I've ever been around.

But I sure loved ******* their ******* every other weekend on campus, tho. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Advertisement
Cribby’d account is gone? What did I mias?
F0001E92-3EB0-453C-966B-30D52DCCE0EC.jpeg

Advertisement
That ****roach Blake James needs to go first
This is really what matters most right now. Interviewing is a two way street. When we officially start interviewing, Blake and Strawley cannot be in the room. Anyone not plugged in can make 2 calls and find out what an internal ****show the AD office is and lose interest.

We need to clean that part of the house 1st and hire a true AD from a winning program. We need to have a search/interview committee comprised of smart football people with a few BoTs that will show any candidate a unified and committed message that we have a plan, the will and the money to support such candidate with their on and off field vision. We have a lot to sell if done right.

Most people have a job with certain KPIs or MBOs that ones performance can be measured on. Blake and his Dept have underperformed in theirs. It’s time for an upgrade before we interview any head coaches

WTF are you talking about? It's literally the specifics of a buyout for a recently hired coach that was given a similar contract and comes from a similar background. Kirby Smart had 7 years experience as a DC and only under Saban. You can argue that Manny shouldn't have been hired (based on results that occurred over the next three years), but you are not being objective and comparing his salary and buyout to other coaches.

You're just a guy that likes to complain which is why you only show up when Miami isn't doing well.
You're a guy that supported Manny at first (for real) then realized how foolish you were and tried to masquerade it by creating this extremely not funny or witty version of a troll persona.

There was ZERO reason to give Manny any sort of significant buyout since he wasn't proven, was already a questionable hire, and for whom the only "competition" you were facing was TEMPLE.

Just stop already dude. This whole board sees through your nonsense.

You're a guy that supported Manny at first (for real) then realized how foolish you were and tried to masquerade it by creating this extremely not funny or witty version of a troll persona.

There was ZERO reason to give Manny any sort of significant buyout since he wasn't proven, was already a questionable hire, and for whom the only "competition" you were facing was TEMPLE.

Just stop already dude. This whole board sees through your nonsense.
That’s just not how buyouts work. The market determines the buyout, so either prove Miami went above market rate or get over it. My support for Manny, which I still do, has nothing to do with comparing his buyout to someone else. You can’t base an initial contract on results that happened 3 years after it was signed.

Advertisement
That’s just not how buyouts work. The market determines the buyout, so either prove Miami went above market rate or get over it. My support for Manny, which I still do, has nothing to do with comparing his buyout to someone else. You can’t base an initial contract on results that happened 3 years after it was signed.

I base it on the fact he was, AT BEST, a desperation questionable hire AT THE TIME. You don't give a hire like that any sort of favorable terms.

You are not REQUIRED to give a coach a buy out. I fully understand that most qualified HC hires get one....but the circumstances around Manny's hiring AT THE TIME should have raised some sort of internal caution flag within our admin department to at least hedge against the fact that Manny could fall flat on his face, like MANY of us said he would the day he was hired.

I don't see him getting the official ax till there is no chance at winning the ACC Coastal. He wins the coastal I can see them spinning it how he made the championship game and that's a step in the right direction and blame covid for the start of season.

I base it on the fact he was, AT BEST, a desperation questionable hire AT THE TIME. You don't give a hire like that any sort of favorable terms.

You are not REQUIRED to give a coach a buy out. I fully understand that most qualified HC hires get one....but the circumstances around Manny's hiring AT THE TIME should have raised some sort of internal caution flag within our admin department to at least hedge against the fact that Manny could fall flat on his face, like MANY of us said he would the day he was hired.
The market determines the buyout. Your opinion of the hire doesn’t matter. What matters is we signed manny to a 3M+ multi year deal and that includes a buyout. Do you really think any college would tell an agent that their coach is questionable and they must settle for a small buyout?

Advertisement
Back