COACHING/ADMIN UPDATES MEGGGGAAAAAAATHREAD

FIU ‘06, USF ‘10 and Clemson ‘15.

There is always a breaking point, and it feels like one is on the way.
I get your point, but isn’t struggling against an ACC bottom feeder AT HOME sufficient in itself? Have our standards really fallen so low that a “close” loss against a horrendous team is not enough? Not shooting the messenger, just so very frustrating.

Advertisement
Kenny Pickett has erased Dan Marino from the memory of Pitt fans. If there is a resurgence of covid and games have to be canceled, i heard the ACC was going to just project Pitts record as 11-1 and put them in the acc championship game since it obvious that no other team has a chance as long as Pickett is Pitts QB.
Don’t know if he has or hasn’t. Manny wasn’t able to stop UVA last season with a WR as their QB and couldn’t stop them this year either. Hasn’t been able to stop anyone really. So Kenny Pickett may just look like the second coming of Marino once he faces our intimidating defense. Manny may be trying to erase Marino from the minds of Dolphins fans by not winning a championship ever.

Advertisement
So you are giving Butch two national championships even though he wasn't the head coach coach? So does Luke Fickell also get credited for a national championship since Urban Meyer took the team Fickell built and went undefeated in his first year as HC at Ohio State? What's the statute of limitations? Does Mike Shula also get credit for national championships since a lot of upperclassmen that helped win the national championship in 2009 were his recruits?
SHT Ron Zook ought to at least get one of Urbana at Fla I think…he left the cupboard pretty full.

I get your point, but isn’t struggling against an ACC bottom feeder AT HOME sufficient in itself? Have our standards really fallen so low that a “close” loss against a horrendous team is not enough? Not shooting the messenger, just so very frustrating.
Seems like they may be dotting their I’s and crossing their T’s. They as well as we know he done, heck he knows it. But when the goal was win the Coastal and win ACC he’s technically mathematically still in it. Once that’s out he’s out. No ground to stand on. You failed to meet the goal set forth in your third year. Thank you and goodbye. His w/l record speaks for itself. The defensive stats and offensive stats while HC speaks for themselves. Being eliminated from the Coastal race will be the breaking point, I.e the cherry on top. Kind of like giving him the rope to let him hang himself.

Advertisement
I’m surprised Herman’s name hasn’t come up more for us. Not sure how others feel about this, but I thought it was a mistake for Texas to fire him. He had Texas going in the right direction, and seemed close to having them elite. Their 3 losses last year were by 2 points to TCU, 3 points to Iowa St, and went to triple OT with Oklahoma. Their offense has been very good the past couple seasons, really just needed to tighten up the defense. They won some big games with him - UGA in 2018, blew out #12 Utah in 2019. He was also a very good recruiter. He’s coaching as an analyst with the Chicago Bears, so no buyout. My only hesitation would be all his ties have been to Texas for a while, so would need to adjust to recruiting in FL. But potentially a hidden gem option for us.
He kisses all the kids on the cheek pregame...it's ******* weird

Advertisement
Seems like they may be dotting their I’s and crossing their T’s. They as well as we know he done, heck he knows it. But when the goal was win the Coastal and win ACC he’s technically mathematically still in it. Once that’s out he’s out. No ground to stand on. You failed to meet the goal set forth in your third year. Thank you and goodbye. His w/l record speaks for itself. The defensive stats and offensive stats while HC speaks for themselves. Being eliminated from the Coastal race will be the breaking point, I.e the cherry on top. Kind of like giving him the rope to let him hang himself.
They've given him so much rope he'll land on his feet when they pull the lever for the drop.

Advertisement
No I’m using info I’ve received for three years , Info thats proven him to be clueless multiple times. He’s a national guy that’s more of tv personality than having sauces in every program . He’s fed what he’s allowed to eat. If you want to believe garbage then feel free. Its a free country. If you believe manny is owed 9 million in a buyout with two years 8 and change remaining thats on you.
The buyout would be less after the season ends right?

What does firing him do?..keeping him in place doesn’t mean your not looking at the landscape..unless you have YOUR GUY with some type of agreement..and all that’s needed is paper work..there’s no point. Your still gunna have a interim guy..the locker room WILL checkout and the class absolutely falls apart..but we are this point. If the man run the table you can still fire him. If je doesn’t win out you still can fire him. At least you keep the class together and possibly add more pieces for the new guy to close at the end…again I point to FSUs situation if you think it can’t get worse
What makes you think that the class won't fall apart regardless?

Here's an update and a half.

We have THE most retarded AD to ever AD. He gave a guy who had ZERO HC experience an EIGHT MILLION DOLLAR BUYOUT IN HIS THIRD YEAR HERE.

If anyone sucked at their respective jobs as much as Blake sucks at his, they'd be living under a bridge. How does this God forsaken piece of garbage still have a job?

Advertisement
Back