COACHING/ADMIN UPDATES MEGGGGAAAAAAATHREAD

It really doesn’t matter what his buyout is. Im not paying it and neither are any of you. But it’s gonna be paid.. whether it’s this weekend or not idk.. but UNC, NCST, or Pitt or all of the above are forcing someone to pay it. He has 0% chance of winning more than 2 of the next 4 games. The noise is going to be unbearable.

Let UNC lay 50 on us and see how loud it is
The PITT QB just broke a Dan Marino TD passing record over a 3 game stretch. 14 TDs in 3 games. They’ve got 300 yards passing in the first half against GT that’s also looked improved this year. Add in UNC, and NCST as mentioned above. That’s 4 losses and we’re still missing VT. Duke is a toss up. FSU should be a win but we’re probably the most important game on their schedule since they know they’re going to get throttled by Florida. So we’ll probably get the best version of FSU so I’m not even inclined to chalk that up as a W. That’s at least another 4-5 losses maybe more.

Puts us, at best, 4-8 or 5-7 missing a bowl game with the most talented team we’ve had in a while. Don’t see how Manuel survives that which is why I say fire him now and show that this is unacceptable.

Advertisement
I see people on the boards arguing over buyout cost, which is the least important part of his reporting. The key part is that he said Manny's seat is getting hotter. The administration is ready to support him "through" the season. Schematics at work.

Manny's *** will be gone before the new year. If it's now or at season's end doesn't matter to me as long as he's gone. We won't hire a new coach until the off-season anyways.
Yes but why wait if you know how the story ends? Get ahead of other potential vacancies now. Vet candidates, build relationships, etc.

Yes but why wait if you know how the story ends? Get ahead of other potential vacancies now. Vet candidates, build relationships, etc.
Save money, and they care about that most. They are also still hoping he pulls a 180 so they do t have to pay a buyout and make a change. it will take a 30-40 pt loss, or no hope for a bowl, to fire him in season I thin.

They royally f'd the Wolfpack/Black and white story that had so much potential
They’d already screwed it up before that , they should’ve kept the original nwo to a handful of guys. Then they had virgils, Nortons of the world joining and it watered it down. It lost its luster and importance at that moment. There was **** near more nwo members than the total wcw roster lol.

I do think the wolfpack/Nwo could’ve saved it some but like they always did they screwed it up.

Advertisement
Save money, and they care about that most. They are also still hoping he pulls a 180 so they do t have to pay a buyout and make a change. it will take a 30-40 pt loss, or no hope for a bowl, to fire him in season I thin.
And this is why I posted after Msu they’ll wait until Acc play starts nosediving. They‘ll give him the opportunity to at least win the coastal. Once that’s obviously out the window change could come. 0-2 in conference could be the beginning of the end.

The PITT QB just broke a Dan Marino TD passing record over a 3 game stretch. 14 TDs in 3 games. They’ve got 300 yards passing in the first half against GT that’s also looked improved this year. Add in UNC, and NCST as mentioned above. That’s 4 losses and we’re still missing VT. Duke is a toss up. FSU should be a win but we’re probably the most important game on their schedule since they know they’re going to get throttled by Florida. So we’ll probably get the best version of FSU so I’m not even inclined to chalk that up as a W. That’s at least another 4-5 losses maybe more.

Puts us, at best, 4-8 or 5-7 missing a bowl game with the most talented team we’ve had in a while. Don’t see how Manuel survives that which is why I say fire him now and show that this is unacceptable.

Kenny Pickett has erased Dan Marino from the memory of Pitt fans. If there is a resurgence of covid and games have to be canceled, i heard the ACC was going to just project Pitts record as 11-1 and put them in the acc championship game since it obvious that no other team has a chance as long as Pickett is Pitts QB.

They’d already screwed it up before that , they should’ve kept the original nwo to a handful of guys. Then they had virgils, Nortons of the world joining and it watered it down. It lost its luster and importance at that moment. There was **** near more nwo members than the total wcw roster lol.

I do think the wolfpack/Nwo could’ve saved it some but like they always did they screwed it up.
Original Wolfpac with Sting, Nash, Konnan and Luger was legit.

I guess Macho/Curt too but the above four felt more like the Wolfpac. Ah the good old days

Why now if you don't even know who's going to be heading the search for our next coach? Don't you want Blake James gone as well? Fire Manny now and guess who's essentially leading the search for next coach? That's right, Blake James.

Be patient. Let the chips fall my guy.

Advertisement
Racism/Xenophobia
This program has been F'd for awhile. We hired Al ***** Golden instead of Butch, then that can't win the big one Mork Richt instead of Butch. Then the ultimate dagger, Manny run a train on me byu diaz, again over Butch. The BOT/BOD don't wanna win big like the old days, don't want the heat that comes w that. They knew dam well what would happen if they hired Butch, very content to win 6, stay outta trouble and go to a bowl. The sooner you guys realize that, the sooner you will stop getting your heart broke. It's un-American as far as I'm concerned, but then the powers that be at Miami are not all from America

People need to stop speculating about buyouts. First, we’re fans, not accountants. Whatever the buyout is isn’t our problem.

Second, we don’t know what it is….and if we did, your math sucks anyway so better off just forgetting it.

For example, I haven’t seen one person on this thread mention Manny’s salary THIS YEAR.

Say his buyout is 8 million if he’s fired during the season (it’s not) and it drops to 5 million if they wait until January. Ok, but part of that difference is made up by the fact that you don’t have to pay his regular salary for the remainder of the year. Say he makes 4 million a year (would be prorated obviously but I’m just making a point).

Don’t concern yourselves with buyouts. Just keep the pressure on, that’s what you can do as a fan.

Honestly there isn’t much of a point to fire in-season. Lose players and recruits and no coaches available. Should be shopping for athletic directors and coaches now though. After our history I don’t think we have the ability to pull Cristobal or even Schiano (not saying I want them). The top 10 targets everyone is mentioning on this board are well out of our reach.

Yep, firing now makes no sense. If we weren't buying out the last 5 coaches we might be able to afford a good one lol

Advertisement
This program has been F'd for awhile. We hired Al ***** Golden instead of Butch, then that can't win the big one Mork Richt instead of Butch. Then the ultimate dagger, Manny run a train on me byu diaz, again over Butch. The BOT/BOD don't wanna win big like the old days, don't want the heat that comes w that. They knew dam well what would happen if they hired Butch, very content to win 6, stay outta trouble and go to a bowl. The sooner you guys realize that, the sooner you will stop getting your heart broke. It's un-American as far as I'm concerned, but then the powers that be at Miami are not all from America
Butch should have never been hired in any of those situations

JZ are you nuts bro, AG = never won a ***** thing, MR = can't win the big one w buttloads of talent, MD = if he can't win at Texas why in TF would anybody think he could here. He is not even head coach material at most 6a Texas high schools. All Butch has going is what, couple national championships and couple super bowls, nah your right much better to hire diaz, I mean just look at his resume, awesome

ED REED HEAD BALL COACH…he’s already on tha PAYROLL..give Him THREE YEARS TO LEARN ON THE JOB…there WILL B DISCIPLINE AND ACCOUNTABILITY and I GUARANTEE THE TEAM WILL PLAY WITH FIRE AND HEART…or SIT UR *** DWN..nXt Man Up and THEY Will Find OUT REAL QUICK WHO WANTS TO PLAY BALL LIKE ITS SUPPOSE TO BE PLAYED…it’s LEVELS TO THIS ISSH
Family y’all REALLY think Cristobal is coming..Really…We have to face Reality..that’s Fantasy…That would B Excellent…BUTT…WELL…REALITY..

Advertisement
Snap shot please
8DA097F5-48D4-490F-A603-D7C66FD48D7B.jpg
FC31FECA-7520-4C86-9123-B519C9E7ADB8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It represents my (late and obnoxious) heel turn from someone that gave Diaz the benefit of the doubt to someone that hopes he dies in a fire after the App St game.

Who was more obnoxious and late to the party than Buff Bagwell joining the nWo?
I was more of a Big Poppa Pump fan...
RawDimAxolotl-max-1mb.gif

but more so for Stacy Kiebler
Stacy.gif

Advertisement
Back