COACHING/ADMIN UPDATES MEGGGGAAAAAAATHREAD

Advertisement
Advertisement
I view Pitt as an insurance policy.
Can you imagine - let’s just say they aren’t crazy blowouts like most of us think. Let’s just say they lose close games or competitive games. That would be 7 straight losses or something like that to P5 teams leading up to the Pitt game.

I'm sorry, but if it takes losing to UNC, NC St and Pitt to rid us of Diaz then we're finished as a University.

He's 16-13 as the Head Coach of Miami. How is that remotely acceptable?! Regardless of how he does in those games. He should be gone NOW.
I agree 100% but with this administration you never know.

Supposedly Manny Diaz buyout drops a ton after the season. So it does make sense for them to wait. It's 8M now but 2M in January supposedly but I'm not sure how accurate that is
This is why if it’s Cristobal you do it then. Both buyouts are less and he doesn’t have to answer a million questions about going to Miami during the season. The downside of course is your recruiting this cycle for ESD is screwed. If we really do want Mario though I think there is enough talent to turn it around quick if he is as good as everyone on here thinks.

Advertisement
If it’s Mario I hope he loses a game or two to make sure he doesn’t make the playoffs..That way he can leave early.

Oregon can get someone to coach a regular bowl but I doubt Mario splits early if they’re in the playoffs.

I'm sorry, but if it takes losing to UNC, NC St and Pitt to rid us of Diaz then we're finished as a University.

He's 16-13 as the Head Coach of Miami. How is that remotely acceptable?! Regardless of how he does in those games. He should be gone NOW.
Agree. Uva or Unc should be it, notice I said should? Btw why do you have Buff Bagwell as your avi?

Last edited:

16-13 should have gotten him the sack at FAU

Advertisement
All I’ve ever heard is that James‘ fate is tied to Diaz. My hope is that once the dam breaks on Manny it will wash James away as well, and that could be why 1) things will take longer than they “should” and 2) why you’ll hear a lot of passive info about firing Diaz, up until it actually happens.

However, this is the University of Miami. I expect the least effective route to be taken at all times.

Advertisement
I don’t think college administrators look at the AD role like an NFL team looks at a GM. They aren’t tied at the hip to a bad coaching hire. Outside of ‘me too’ discretions, NCAA violations, stealing or just being on a different page than the school, how often do you see the AD go along with the coach of one sport that failed? As long as we run a clean program in all sports, I don’t see Blake going anywhere, no matter how good or bad the head coach of football turned out to be.

Advertisement
Back