Coaches visited Kerr last night

No doubt in my mind they will groom this dude into an OL. Think Jason Fox/Eric Winston.

Did you say this kid is a FOX or Winston? I want to smoke what is in your bowl.

You're too busy smoking pole based on your b1tchy responses in this thread. I'm sure you knew Jason Fox was going to develop into an NFL OL when he was a 260 pound skinny HS kid, Bill Polian. He was a can't miss prospect right?

Advertisement
No doubt in my mind they will groom this dude into an OL. Think Jason Fox/Eric Winston.

no. he said they will take a high school TE and try to make him an OL like Fox/Winston.

also, everything ive read from people who scout this kid and know what they are talking about say the same thing. OL all the way with him, and i'd be excited to see how he develops. I like a recruit like this every cycle for the OL....mix up the types.

we'll see how the numbers shake out, but i really think this kid is pegged for an OL spot, and from what ive read it may come down to what Kirkland decides.

no. he said they will take a high school TE and try to make him an OL like Fox/Winston.

also, everything ive read from people who scout this kid and know what they are talking about say the same thing. OL all the way with him, and i'd be excited to see how he develops. I like a recruit like this every cycle for the OL....mix up the types.

we'll see how the numbers shake out, but i really think this kid is pegged for an OL spot, and from what ive read it may come down to what Kirkland decides.

Thank you for explaining that simple point to Bill Polian.

Thats why I dont get all the "TEs suck at fsu" comments. This kid will never end up being a TE.....at least not one who actually goes out for passes

Advertisement
There is an interview on TOS with Gall where he says Kerr is solid and that they are going to room together next year.

Despite what some people on this board think, Kerr impressed a lot of people and coaches at both TE and OL. Early word on him was that he would be a OL eventually but that remains to be seen.

Maybe now that FSU really wants him the kid can get a little respect from some folks?

Advertisement
For those that mentioned Dye, Dye playing D next season

Where'd this come from?

Message board creation that I've seen popping up recently.

Yeah I don't buy that for 1 second. Moving our best blocking TE over to D doesn't make any sense. Not to mention Golden moved him to TE in the 1st place

I could actually see Dyron moving on as he's already graduated and we are going to need to clear some spots if everything breaks the way we all hope

Advertisement
The "Dye to D" assertion came from an interview by one of the sites of one of our TE recruits (Sandland, I think). The TE recruit said something to the effect of, "They need help at TE. They have Walford who caught some passes and one young guy (Asante) but coach says the other couple moved to defense (Dye, Perry)."

Then people ran with that quote, and it's become gospel.

Perhaps both were moved, but I'd have a better time believing that Dye stays put and Perry slides over.

But just to clear that up...

The "Dye to D" assertion came from an interview by one of the sites of one of our TE recruits (Sandland, I think). The TE recruit said something to the effect of, "They need help at TE. They have Walford who caught some passes and one young guy (Asante) but coach says the other couple moved to defense (Dye, Perry)."

Then people ran with that quote, and it's become gospel.

Perhaps both were moved, but I'd have a better time believing that Dye stays put and Perry slides over.

But just to clear that up...

I'll be very shocked if they move a TE (Pylon Pye), who started a few games and got a ton of playing time, to a position that they moved him away from the year prior. Makes no sense at all.

JHall, now that you know me.... I can tell you.... it is not as clean as you think. While he may still end up a Cane, it will not be by a landslide.

Despite what some people on this board think, Kerr impressed a lot of people and coaches at both TE and OL. Early word on him was that he would be a OL eventually but that remains to be seen.

Maybe now that FSU really wants him the kid can get a little respect from some folks?

Advertisement
Don't have time for you brother. You apparently have it all wrapped up.

You're too busy smoking pole based on your b1tchy responses in this thread. I'm sure you knew Jason Fox was going to develop into an NFL OL when he was a 260 pound skinny HS kid, Bill Polian. He was a can't miss prospect right?

JHall, now that you know me.... I can tell you.... it is not as clean as you think. While he may still end up a Cane, it will not be by a landslide.

I really have no idea what this means

Advertisement
Back