Coaches telling Johnson Jr. he's the top target at QB, visit upcoming

Advertisement
"Michael Johnson says that he is ready to lock up a commitment to the Canes, he's just waiting for his trip down to Coral Gables later this month to see campus in person for the first time. [Michael] Johnson Jr. says that he loved the Canes from day one, and he still "wants to go through the process", but he will be signing with the Canes come December.

Article posted by: dfagundo, Intern Staff Writer at 12:07 PM EST"

Legit?

In the words of the former administrator, “STAY TUNED”

If he commits on his visit, that would be awesome. I don't think I'd trust his commitment as much as I would a normal QB commitment due solely to the fact his dad is on Oregon's staff. Regardless if he commits, we're Gunna need to keep our foot on the pedal with him until December. Especially because I think one of our freshman beats Malik Rosier out for the starting job. What happens in the QB room once one of the freshman claims that QB1 title is interesting, from the recruiting perspective and looking at the other 2 frosh qbs on the roster

This will easily be Jon Richts most impressive recruitment if he can pull this kid away from the school he practically lives at with his dad as the WR coach. Luckily he likely didn't grow up loving that school. In that sense we are almost lucky his dad is a coach and moved around a lot.

Anyone know what the QB situation is at these schools we are competing with like LSU, Ole Miss, Oregon, etc? I already know Bama has Hurts (jr) and Tua (soph). But I don't think Bama signed a QB this past class. So Johnson Jr would have to sit for at least a year there.

Advertisement
I think most of you should know. About 80 percent of his mothers family and our fathers side lives right here in south Florida. Palm beach and Martin counties to be exact. He wouldn’t be leaving his family, he’d be coming home to them..
Didn’t know that, great info

Do we need a WR coach ... just asking...
Dugans is like.....tf?
kA0TYNB7_400x400.jpg

Advertisement
Funniest part about it Brock, is he probably doesn’t even know that. He will soon.
You seem to be pretty knowledgeable regarding Johnson and his recruitment. Forgive my ignorance and maybe you have already answered this question, but what's your connection to Johnson? Thanks in advance.

You seem to be pretty knowledgeable regarding Johnson and his recruitment. Forgive my ignorance and maybe you have already answered this question, but what's your connection to Johnson? Thanks in advance.
His uncle or something like that

Advertisement
It's so refreshing to have a coaching staff that goes after top notch quarterbacks every cycle instead of recruiting one guy and having no competition in the QB room for four years.

2016 - Jack Allison 4*, top 10 QB
2015 - Evan Sherriefs project QB
2014 - Brad Kaaya 4* Top 10 QB / Malik Rosier project QB
2013 - Kevin Olsen 4* Top 5 QB
2012 - Preson Dewey / Gray Crow project QB's
2011 - No QB taken
2010 - Stephen Morris Project QB
2009 - No QB Taken
2008 - Jacory Harris Top 10 QB

So...2009- 2012(4 year span) is why our QB room as a whole was trash.

2016 - Jack Allison 4*, top 10 QB
2015 - Evan Sherriefs project QB
2014 - Brad Kaaya 4* Top 10 QB / Malik Rosier project QB
2013 - Kevin Olsen 4* Top 5 QB
2012 - Preson Dewey / Gray Crow project QB's
2011 - No QB taken
2010 - Stephen Morris Project QB
2009 - No QB Taken
2008 - Jacory Harris Top 10 QB

So...2009- 2012(4 year span) is why our QB room as a whole was trash.

Don't forget the Legends that never were.

Ryan Williams
Jake Heaps

Advertisement
If he commits on his visit, that would be awesome. I don't think I'd trust his commitment as much as I would a normal QB commitment due solely to the fact his dad is on Oregon's staff. Regardless if he commits, we're Gunna need to keep our foot on the pedal with him until December. Especially because I think one of our freshman beats Malik Rosier out for the starting job. What happens in the QB room once one of the freshman claims that QB1 title is interesting, from the recruiting perspective and looking at the other 2 frosh qbs on the roster

This will easily be Jon Richts most impressive recruitment if he can pull this kid away from the school he practically lives at with his dad as the WR coach. Luckily he likely didn't grow up loving that school. In that sense we are almost lucky his dad is a coach and moved around a lot.

Anyone know what the QB situation is at these schools we are competing with like LSU, Ole Miss, Oregon, etc? I already know Bama has Hurts (jr) and Tua (soph). But I don't think Bama signed a QB this past class. So Johnson Jr would have to sit for at least a year there.
I think he already knows his dad is on the staff at Oregon. So if he commits to UM I doubt he’ll suddenly have an epiphany a few months later and say to himself, “Hey wait a **** second. I forgot dad coaches at Oregon. I’m going to Oregon!”.

Perry
Williams
Johnson

Ooooweee

Close Johnson, and our depth of talent will finally start to look like it did in the 80s when Richt was a QB on roster. And with Richt now as our HC and resident QB Whisperer, I have to believe the production on the field will get there, too.

Advertisement
Back