Coaches salaries - Just the beginning

Advertisement
True. Good point.

There are plenty of young HCs, but the money in CFB is triggering program moves you didn’t see often, and salaries are increasing at all levels. Fickell makes $4M at Cincinnati. Why leave for a ‘bigger’ job, unless his dream job at Ohio State, or maybe Notre Dame opens? Apparently the latter is open now, so what are the odds Fickell is their new HC, especially if Cincinnati is left out of the CFP?

Interestingly, the last time Cincinnati went undefeated and went to a BCS bowl was in 2009 when Brian Kelly was their head coach. He got the Notre Dame job after that season.

Cincinnati is now going to be in the Big XII. I wonder if that changes anything for them.

This has been the most obvious trend to predict. Fortune favors the bold and we're seeing that play out. There are still equally bold moves to be made, moves that would've seemed unthinkable months ago.

Clemson's AD is an alum. I'm guessing Dabo likes him. Clemson's roster is depreciated. Miami has a couple good QBs.

just saying.

Start the bidding at $15 mill per, which is NOTHING when compared to what he'd generate in donations.

Fortune favors the BOLD

Dabo's refusal to use the Portal has really hurt his team. I saw a stat that as of this season Clemson has lost (I wanna say) 18 players to the Portal and taken zero.

Saban has in his contract that he must be the highest paid coach in the SEC.

I’ve heard that too, not sure it’s true but if it is, oh well. Kelly is the highest paid coach until they officially kick in Saban’s clause and then he makes $1 more. I’m only saying that I’m pretty sure the deal Kelly signs will make him the highest paid coach at the minute he signs it.

Advertisement
I’ve heard that too, not sure it’s true but if it is, oh well. Kelly is the highest paid coach until they officially kick in Saban’s clause and then he makes $1 more. I’m only saying that I’m pretty sure the deal Kelly signs will make him the highest paid coach at the minute he signs it.
Saban got that built in inflation protection lol

Interestingly, the last time Cincinnati went undefeated and went to a BCS bowl was in 2009 when Brian Kelly was their head coach. He got the Notre Dame job after that season.

Cincinnati is now going to be in the Big XII. I wonder if that changes anything for them.
And he bailed on Cincinnati the week before the Sugar Bowl vs UF/Meyer/Tebow.

The reason that number was thrown out is because that’s relative to the margin football is generating. We aren’t the only ones where that’s the economic reality. We’ve just been underspending for years.
I know... believe me I've been saying non-stop that the market for a HC has gone up considerably and now with what Riley just got it went up more... I really want to be wrong but I don't see how Miami is just all of a sudden be able to compete financially.... I know there's a good amount of people involved that have money but to believe that they're gonna spend to the degree we're seeing others do? I dunno.... It's easy to talk about but doing it is a whole other animal... This school has not shown anything to indicate that it's gonna happen... Again I hope I'm wrong ...

Advertisement

Bruhh What GIF

Advertisement
All 3 other power conference (I’m not counting Big 12) are about to negotiate new mega TV deals. Good thing we locked up till 2036. We need ND or the entire ACC might not be able to compete

Here is what everyone needs to understand, and it's something I've been saying for years on these boards.

In the NFL, the most important position within an organization is the QB. There are two types of teams in the NFL, teams that have a QB and the teams that are still searching for one.

In today's college football, the most important position within an organization is the head coach. A good coach consistently wins games, and winning games convinces good recruits to come to your school. These players are still KIDS and need a strong leader that not only talks a good game, but can play chess on gameday.

It really is that simple.

Advertisement
Cristobal is not as big a name as Kelly . Miami fans have put him up on a pedestal .
His agent won't care... it comes down to market value.... Mario won't command 15 mil, I know that but as it stands now he'll get somewhere between 7 to 9 mil per not including his asst.'s..... I don't believe Miami will pay that....

It’s going to reach diminishing returns at some point. In a couple of years a lot of these schools are gonna be left holding the bag with these massive salaries.

A lot of schools, and Miami might be one of them, will just stop trying to win Nattys. ADs will say the right things in public, but in reality, 10 mil a year for coaches that haven’t won anything is going to be too much for a lot of schools to stomach. These schools will be content with 8 win seasons, maybe 9 wins if it all comes together. Contend here and there for conference championships and be content with the revenue sharing.

Advertisement
Back