Coaches salaries - Just the beginning

Advertisement
His agent won't care... it comes down to market value.... Mario won't command 15 mil, I know that but as it stands now he'll get somewhere between 7 to 9 mil per not including his asst.'s..... I don't believe Miami will pay that....
True sht . I think it was mentioned on here we offering Mario close to 7 tho ? But yea 9-10 mil thereā€™s no way in ****

Man, the SEC implemented the Super League before the Europeans could. šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚.
Reminds me of the story I read from around spring time about the SEC giving its members schools an extra $23 million ā€œbecause of COVIDā€ this year

Advertisement
This has been the most obvious trend to predict. Fortune favors the bold and we're seeing that play out. There are still equally bold moves to be made, moves that would've seemed unthinkable months ago.

Clemson's AD is an alum. I'm guessing Dabo likes him. Clemson's roster is depreciated. Miami has a couple good QBs.

just saying.

Start the bidding at $15 mill per, which is NOTHING when compared to what he'd generate in donations.

Fortune favors the BOLD
Sorry, did you just propose offering a DC $15 million a year to be our HC? So when you say "bold" you mean f**king nuts right?

Miami boosters when they realize theyā€™ll actually have to drop $100 mil to hire a decent coach

Dave Chappelle Reaction GIF
they gonna be fumbling around tryna find Banda's phone number.. Only guy we can afford while we try to penny pinch 2 mil

Advertisement
$10-$12M a year is just the beginning. College football is sitting on billions, and you canā€™t ā€œpayā€ the players. The only way to differentiate and spend is through coaches. College coaches may well end up making many multiples of what NFL guys make. Now is not a time to get gun shy. We need to be prepared to be paying in the $8-$10 range for a guy like Mario.
Itā€™s going to become politically untenable for state colleges. The optics of overspending on college athletics arenā€™t improving, and it will ultimately lead to fewer schools fielding teams.

Advertisement
Here is what everyone needs to understand, and it's something I've been saying for years on these boards.

In the NFL, the most important position within an organization is the QB. There are two types of teams in the NFL, teams that have a QB and the teams that are still searching for one.

In today's college football, the most important position within an organization is the head coach. A good coach consistently wins games, and winning games convinces good recruits to come to your school. These players are still KIDS and need a strong leader that not only talks a good game, but can play chess on gameday.

It really is that simple.
Man, cmon what you do to get the band?

The arms race in CFB is a big reason why we will never be the Old Miami again. Sam Jankovich said this a few years ago. We should be doing better than 7-5 every year though.

I've been saying the same for years. Then the NIL dropped and that put it at another level.

These coaching salaries are insane though. Some of them are going to be disastrous long term for these schools.

If Mario wants more than $7-8 mil a year, tell him to **** off and try Lane. If he says the same, tell him to **** off as well and go give Herman $5 mil a year and gets some beastly coordinators and you can compete. This new $25 mil a year Miami supposedly has won't be enough to outspend most of these schools, but if you spend it smarter you can spread it a lot further.

Advertisement
Something has to give . Either this level of pay wonā€™t last , or coaches will be given more time to win. I canā€™t see these contracts continue to be thrown around only for a school to fire the guy 2-3 years later and eat the buyout like theyā€™re doing now

Advertisement
Back