Coaches hitting the recruiting trail

Advertisement
See my previous posts. They should at least keep at contact with him. He’s talented to play WR and DB. Take him as an ATH and figure out the rest based on how this class closes out.

You keep crying about it but you're not paying attention. He is NOT a plan A or B kid right now at WR. He doesn't have the film at S yet. Nobody is on this kid the way you want Miami to be all over him. Let the board play out. There is no WR that we are after that he should be a take over. Also, you're acting like this kid is a cant miss prospect. Calm down

You keep crying about it but you're not paying attention. He is NOT a plan A or B kid right now at WR. He doesn't have the film at S yet. Nobody is on this kid the way you want Miami to be all over him. Let the board play out. There is no WR that we are after that he should be a take over. Also, you're acting like this kid is a cant miss prospect. Calm down
Not sure why ppl arent understanding this. Yall are too emotionally attached. There isnt space for everyone and rn we have better WR on the board and no one knows if he can play safety.

See my previous posts. They should at least keep at contact with him. He’s talented to play WR and DB. Take him as an ATH and figure out the rest based on how this class closes out.
You cant just "take him". There are pther players that are better on the board. There are limited spots.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I hear what y'all are saying...
But then why lead him on?

You offer the kid, then don't accept his commitment.
Then your new WR coach DM's the kid saying "I'm coming to get you!" (I saw the message myself)

Just be transparent with the kid. Tell him you have other slot WR's that are higher on the board but you'd like to see film of him at Safety before you recruit him further.

Then your new WR coach DM's the kid saying "I'm coming to get you!" (I saw the message myself)

Just be transparent with the kid. Tell him you have other slot WR's that are higher on the board but you'd like to see film of him at Safety before you recruit him further.
Transparent is always the best when it comes to doing business

We all want Restrepo but man I'm starting to think he's Coach Macho's son lol. He's a good player but has not put out elite film yet for two highly coveted positions at Miami (WR or DB). He's got the mindset, verified measrables, camp highlights, etc. but let's see him ball out this year and make our staff take him.

I understand and agree on the communication part. My thing is this, nobody was falling over themselves for this kid until he transferred to Deerfield and you began to provide insight on his play and skill set in “7 v 7” and “practice.” Now all of sudden we just have to him.

Advertisement

It’s how recruiting goes, just how bama “offer” kids you know everyone of those aren’t exactly committable until they see them in a camp setting in front of them. For a while it seemed we were slow playing the Hodges db recent commit but he eventually committed right? Same thing could happen with restrepo.

Last edited:
Macho, I think the communication or lack thereof is really unimportant until Paradise. Miami coaches are going to eval him against the other guys on their board at that point. Ad he doesn't have a commit-able offer after that, then I think it's a sign the coaches are not sold on his fit. But I wouldn't be the least bit concerned until July 1st.

We all want Restrepo but man I'm starting to think he's Coach Macho's son lol. He's a good player but has not put out elite film yet for two highly coveted positions at Miami (WR or DB). He's got the mindset, verified measrables, camp highlights, etc. but let's see him ball out this year and make our staff take him.
Kinda has balled out in the camps. He just keeps getting better and better.

Advertisement

lol

Advertisement
Back