Coaches hitting the recruiting trail

Advertisement
Blake Baker going to see Jaylen Harrell.

Hickson and Rumph going to visit Knighton and evaluate Restrepo and Phillip O’Brien Jr.

Stroud going to see Trevon Riggins and Patke going to see Mammarelli.

I think Restrepo is getting his offer. What are they going to evaluate at the first day of spring with no pads? This is a talk with him and offer meeting.

Advertisement
Blake Baker going to see Jaylen Harrell.

Hickson and Rumph going to visit Knighton and evaluate Restrepo and Phillip O’Brien Jr.

Stroud going to see Trevon Riggins and Patke going to see Mammarelli.
Jaylen Harrell is that LB right, and due to his size aren't we recruiting at DE?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I’d love to lock up a few lbs soon. We need what 4-5 this cycle?
I think 4 is the number being kicked around but there are a few de/lb guys that we seem to be in on. Imo we should bring in 4 and maybe one tweener just have to be cautious with spreading the numbers out across the other positions.

1-qb
2-rbs
3-wr
2-te
4-ol
Thats 12 leaving 13 for defensive recruits

3-de (one being a tweener)
2-dt
4-lb
2-cb
2-s

Not sure that it should play out this way but linebacker is a position where numbers are going to be needed.

Kervins Choute is a 2020 Defensive End who's getting a lot of attention since transferring to Deerfield. Hard-working Haitian kid who's raw but big, athletic and very coachable. Recently got offers from WVU, NC State, Louisville, Pitt, etc. Probably a plan-B kid but somebody Miami should evaluate.
https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Kervins-Choute-127497/RecruitInterests/

Alton Tarber is a 6'2" 340lb 2022 Defensive Tackle who played varsity in 8th grade at American Heritage. Definitely going to be a 4 or 5 star kid. MASSIVE and not sloppy. Strong as an ox. Scouts eyes bug out when they meet him in our office. Already has offers from Oregon, Auburn, etc. Definitely somebody Miami should touch base with.
https://247sports.com/Player/Alton-Tarber-46081776/

Justice Cross is another name to keep an eye on. 2021 kid. 6'3" 217lbs. Plays OLB and DE. Very athletic and long. Mario (Oregon) already had his eye on him in practice during last year's play-offs.

Last edited:
I think 4 is the number being kicked around but there are a few de/lb guys that we seem to be in on. Imo we should bring in 4 and maybe one tweener just have to be cautious with spreading the numbers out across the other positions.

1-qb
2-rbs
3-wr
2-te
4-ol
Thats 12 leaving 13 for defensive recruits

3-de (one being a tweener)
2-dt
4-lb
2-cb
2-s

Not sure that it should play out this way but linebacker is a position where numbers are going to be needed.
Agree with everything. I’m curious what happens at TE. We have 5 on the roster now and no one is set to graduate. Hodges redshirts this year and bring in 2 for this cycle and maybe tell Polendy to find other opportunities.

Advertisement
Back