Coaches hitting the recruiting trail

Agree with everything. I’m curious what happens at TE. We have 5 on the roster now and no one is set to graduate. Hodges redshirts this year and bring in 2 for this cycle and maybe tell Polendy to find other opportunities.

I hear ya on the very near future but by the end of 2020 we could very will see 4 of the current TE's on the roster not be here. Irvin could go pro after this year (not saying he should). Jordan and Mallory could leave after 2020 season for the pros, and Polendey would be out of eligibility. Number seems right to take 2 for sure in CAT 20.

Advertisement
Agree with everything. I’m curious what happens at TE. We have 5 on the roster now and no one is set to graduate. Hodges redshirts this year and bring in 2 for this cycle and maybe tell Polendy to find other opportunities.

Hodges i think be primarily an HBack.

I wonder the same i thought that we would only go after one for this class but only time will tell perhaps they would only take 2 if Washington is the one.

I hear ya on the very near future but by the end of 2020 we could very will see 4 of the current TE's on the roster not be here. Irvin could go pro after this year (not saying he should). Jordan and Mallory could leave after 2020 season for the pros, and Polendey would be out of eligibility. Number seems right to take 2 for sure in CAT 20.
I think if you take 2 this year it needs to be the dude from Vegas and our current commit. That’d be a deadly combo to pair with Mallory and Jordan. I really do think if we snag 2, then Polendy would transfer. 7 tight ends is a lot but after last year you could never have enough on your roster.

Advertisement
Restrepo already runs a 4.5 40. We need speed at WR this year.
Were gettin that with Fleming, Robinson, sounds like Mookie too maybe! I think we take him as a Safety or Ath an figure it out later just my opinion. Edit: sorry just comparing there worh ethics blue collar kid whose gonna work hard!

Kervins Choute is a 2020 Defensive End who's getting a lot of attention since transferring to Deerfield. Hard-working Haitian kid who's raw but big, athletic and very coachable. Recently got offers from WVU, NC State, Louisville, Pitt, etc. Probably a plan-B kid but somebody Miami should evaluate.
https://247sports.com/Player/Alton-Tarber-46081776/

Alton Tarber is a 6'2" 340lb 2022 Defensive Tackle who played varsity in 8th grade at American Heritage. Definitely going to be a 4 or 5 star kid. MASSIVE and not sloppy. Strong as an ox. Scouts eyes bug out when they meet him in our office. Already has offers from Oregon, Auburn, etc. Definitely somebody Miami should touch base with.

Justice Cross is another name to keep an eye on. 2021 kid. 6'3" 217lbs. Plays OLB and DE. Very athletic and long. Mario (Oregon) already had his eye on him in practice during last year's play-offs.

Coach - don't you have Manny on speed dial?

You see things most of us wouldn't see if we were looking at it - seriously - have you the ability to slip the staff some of these names?

I know it may be considered a bit pushy - but - it's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease.

Advertisement
Yeah until I see something different from Deerfield I still don't see wasting time. Kids throwing hats on the ground, and all kinds of schit with them.

Advertisement
Coach - don't you have Manny on speed dial?

You see things most of us wouldn't see if we were looking at it - seriously - have you the ability to slip the staff some of these names?

I know it may be considered a bit pushy - but - it's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease.

If I have a kid that I think can play at Miami, I always find a way to let the staff know. That's how Feliciano ended up at Miami. (wasn't my doing though, our HC's) I brought Fabian Moreau to Golden/D'Onofrio's attention. Fail on their part.

You just have to be honest and transparent with them though. You can't pump sunshine about every kid you have, then they'll think you're a car salesman. You just let the coaches know who you have that might be able to play at Miami, their strengths/weaknesses, and then let them do their job. (evaluations)

I try not to be annoying about it. I'm sure they get bombarded by coaches at a lot of schools they visit. I know an HC who pulled 7 kids from class to meet D'Onofrio when he was on the recruiting trail looking for prospects. He then proceeded to go 0-10 on the season. 0-10 but you have 7 kids that can play at Miami? Sure buddy. LOL (only 1 of those kids ended up signing a D1 scholarship)
Those type of high school coaches are a recruiters nightmare.

I'll bring up all these names if I see the coaches today at practice.

Advertisement
Kervins Choute is a 2020 Defensive End who's getting a lot of attention since transferring to Deerfield. Hard-working Haitian kid who's raw but big, athletic and very coachable. Recently got offers from WVU, NC State, Louisville, Pitt, etc. Probably a plan-B kid but somebody Miami should evaluate.
https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Kervins-Choute-127497/RecruitInterests/

Alton Tarber is a 6'2" 340lb 2022 Defensive Tackle who played varsity in 8th grade at American Heritage. Definitely going to be a 4 or 5 star kid. MASSIVE and not sloppy. Strong as an ox. Scouts eyes bug out when they meet him in our office. Already has offers from Oregon, Auburn, etc. Definitely somebody Miami should touch base with.

Justice Cross is another name to keep an eye on. 2021 kid. 6'3" 217lbs. Plays OLB and DE. Very athletic and long. Mario (Oregon) already had his eye on him in practice during last year's play-offs.
Sounds like Mario is spreading some $$$ down here to get leads on these kids... We know his staff aint here!

Advertisement
Back