Coach Stroud is Alright with Me

images.jpeg

Advertisement
Oh man my mom always brags about her high school friend Todd Stroud and how he’s a coach at UM. Every time she’s had a bit too much and we’re at a game I hear it 😂 from what I heard though he’s such a nice guy in person and has hooked her up with a few things here and there

You're gonna go home for Thanksgiving and hear this playin' from your mom's bedroom. Stroud will probably give you a noogie as he leaves and then will peel out of the driveway in his 1986 Firebird Trans Am.

Advertisement
Amazing....just getting Bobby to throw up the U.
To get Bowden to throw up the U, he probably told Bobby that they should do the "FSU warchant" together and that all he needs to do is put his four fingers straight up & then his thumb out at a ninety degree angle & join it with the other hand. Bobby was probably like: "Yeah, great. Let's do it!" :)

Which dlinemen needed coaching up, that has seen the field this year?

Go Canes
Ford and Miller for example and they have made some strides. Especially Miller!!! I am impressed with his awareness and how he gets off the blocks and gets to the ball . We all know these two can bull rush but now they staying level grounded in their assignments in making plays .

Give Coach Simpson EVERY bit of credit for teaching Rousseau, Silvera, Garvin, Bethel, Ford, Patchan and Miller. And for recruiting Holley, Hunte, Harvey, Williams and Blissett. But also have to give Stroud credit for taking all of the above to improvement. And for having a VERY good potential class lined up. Wanna keep Riggins, BTW. DL is in better shape than it has been in years. Bottom line with full credit to Simpson is that this years DL is better than last. Credit to Stroud is deserved!

This gold..... Exactly what i was saying. Real recognizes real!

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Stroud is legit. His defensive line work speaks for itself.
Yessir... This is why I expect Coach MANNY to go after more guys with experience in the off season. We need more wisdom on this staff however he CAN get it i'm fine with it. Subtraction for addition Or just bringing them on as Quality Asst. FINE BY ME!

You're gonna go home for Thanksgiving and hear this playin' from your mom's bedroom. Stroud will probably give you a noogie as he leaves and then will peel out of the driveway in his 1986 Firebird Trans Am.

Dang, bruh! Serious memories that song. Clarence is the man, I still have the 45 somewhere in the storage.

Last edited:
So...coach Stroud ****ed your mom? You decided you should type all that here? Lmao
Jesus man, we all were thinking it, but you didn't need to burst his bubble like that. LMAO.

As for Stroud I would pump the breaks a little, a lot good mixed with a lot of bad this year, I still would give Simpson a call if he leaves the Falcons. Would love to keep Stroud as an QC/Analyst.

Advertisement
lol I never had a problem with him hes actually probably the most underrated coach here that actually coaches up his players!

I'm not 100% sold yet.....but i'm warming to him a bit. There was a clear indicator with Kul that his line got after people and had great pass rush technique (terrible recruiting, some weaknesses against the run). Under Simpson, we defended the run a little better but Jackson and Garvin still got after it with a push inside from the DTs as well. Until the FSU game this year, the Dline had been super quiet outside of Rousseau. Was it a new coach teaching new techniques? Was it younger players taking time to adapt? I need a little more time seeing consistent results from someone other than GR15. Roughly 20 of Stroud's 30 years has been as a strength coach, not position coach. His coaching experience in the last 12 years has been Colorado State and Akron....and while at Akron, his Dline's were known to have very few TFLs and sacks (13 one year, 21 another).

D$ says Garvin has plateaued, i say regressed. Maybe it has to do with his playing the weak side against better tackles, or he lost a little quickness...but something is off. The DTs (outside Miller in bursts) had little pressure until last weekend. 2 of our top 4 leaders in sacks are Pinckney and Bandy. Yes, Bandy has more sacks than Garvin, Bethel, Ford, and Patchan. We should't have to blitz 1/2 the time to get pressure with this Dline in this scheme. Oh and FSU, UVA, UNC and GT are all worse than 100th in the nation in sacks allowed (Pitt is 84th).....so it's not just us getting to their QBs. FSU has given up as many sacks as Miami this year.

Just based on how some guys are playing with alignment, technique and scheme, it seems Stroud prioritizes stopping the run over rushing the passer most downs, even in a passing era. Now was that only a Stroud thing? A Baker thing? A team scheme thing? I don't know. I just need to see continued improvement through the rest of the season of all-around play speed, disengaging/hand usage and counters to beat 1-on-1 blocks without fancy blitz schemes.

Advertisement
I'm not 100% sold yet.....but i'm warming to him a bit. There was a clear indicator with Kul that his line got after people and had great pass rush technique (terrible recruiting, some weaknesses against the run). Under Simpson, we defended the run a little better but Jackson and Garvin still got after it with a push inside from the DTs as well. Until the FSU game this year, the Dline had been super quiet outside of Rousseau. Was it a new coach teaching new techniques? Was it younger players taking time to adapt? I need a little more time seeing consistent results from someone other than GR15. Roughly 20 of Stroud's 30 years has been as a strength coach, not position coach. His coaching experience in the last 12 years has been Colorado State and Akron....and while at Akron, his Dline's were known to have very few TFLs and sacks (13 one year, 21 another).

D$ says Garvin has plateaued, i say regressed. Maybe it has to do with his playing the weak side against better tackles, or he lost a little quickness...but something is off. The DTs (outside Miller in bursts) had little pressure until last weekend. 2 of our top 4 leaders in sacks are Pinckney and Bandy. Yes, Bandy has more sacks than Garvin, Bethel, Ford, and Patchan. We should't have to blitz 1/2 the time to get pressure with this Dline in this scheme. Oh and FSU, UVA, UNC and GT are all worse than 100th in the nation in sacks allowed (Pitt is 84th).....so it's not just us getting to their QBs. FSU has given up as many sacks as Miami this year.

Just based on how some guys are playing with alignment, technique and scheme, it seems Stroud prioritizes stopping the run over rushing the passer most downs, even in a passing era. Now was that only a Stroud thing? A Baker thing? A team scheme thing? I don't know. I just need to see continued improvement through the rest of the season of all-around play speed, disengaging/hand usage and counters to beat 1-on-1 blocks without fancy blitz schemes.
Completely agree. Garvin started as a promising true freshmen and now looks like a future Patchan.

Advertisement
Back