Coach Soldinger called it

nycane

All-ACC
Premium
When golden was fired, Soldinger said "you have the guy. It's butch" he said he'd even come back to coach.
then he complained manny didnt have enough miami guys. For starter, I would have hire lamar thomas as WR coach.

Our player development is a serious problem.

Advertisement
When golden was fired, Soldinger said "you have the guy. It's butch" he said he'd even come back to coach.
then he complained manny didnt have enough miami guys. For starter, I would have hire lamar thomas as WR coach.

I think we have a bigger problem with player acquisition and retention. We’re always young and dumb. The only position that didn’t seem to develop was the OL but that’s it.

Advertisement
Advertisement

You have so much suck in this thread its amazing.

Butch is too old and sucks now.

Lamar Thomas is a ****head that negatively recruited against Miami (google is your friend) while at L'Ville and Kentucky.

Advertisement
**** yeah let’s bring in 350-year-old Butch Davis.

• He’s currently 0-2 at FIU.
• Started the year by getting his ******* rearranged by a Tulane team that went 7-6 last season.
• Just lost to a WKU today that went 3-9 last year.

The ******* guy is old and sucks.

Shït, I'd hire him to coach special teams again.

People go on about "Beamer ball" but he has us blowing people up on ST for years...

God. How old is Soldinger now? I remember him arguing that UM was using age discrimination against him when he was fired in January 2006. And that was more than 13 years ago. He's got to be in his late 70s or even early 80s now.

Plus Soldinger was pretty hard for other coaching staff members to get along with, which is probably part of why he got fired. (Along with Coker feeling he needed scapegoats to take the heat off himself.)

Agree. Speaking of hiring right coaches... has anyone ever seen our RB coach? And who’s truly the ST coach? And is Jeff Thomas average... or is Miami making him look subpar? Questions that need answers.

Advertisement
God. How old is Soldinger now? I remember him arguing that UM was using age discrimination against him when he was fired in January 2006. And that was more than 13 years ago. He's got to be in his late 70s or even early 80s now.

Plus Soldinger was pretty hard to get along with, which is probably part of why he got fired. (Along with Coker feeling he needed scapegoats to take the heat off himself.)
he wasnt a players coach. he hated recruiting.

**** yeah let’s bring in 350-year-old Butch Davis.

• He’s currently 0-2 at FIU.
• Started the year by getting his ******* rearranged by a Tulane team that went 7-6 last season.
• Just lost to a WKU today that went 3-9 last year.

The ******* guy is old and sucks.
We just got beat by 351-year-old Mack Brown.

Coaching at Miami is different than coaching at FIU.

I've never been a big BBB person, but I'd sure as **** prefer Butch to Manny.

With that being said, any person who thinks that Butch has a shot, or ever had a shot, at being rehired by Miami has the mental capacity of a 2 year old. Half the reason I've never been on the BBB bandwagon is because I knew the Miami admin would never consider him.

I've never been a big BBB person, but I'd sure as **** prefer Butch to Manny.

With that being said, any person who thinks that Butch has a shot, or ever had a shot, at being rehired by Miami has the mental capacity of a 2 year old. Half the reason I've never been on the BBB bandwagon is because I knew the Miami admin would never consider him.
There in lies the problem, the administration...

Advertisement
Back