Coach Richt show

"- we got grass, equipment, football, coaches-- we have something to work with"

Wow. What a contrast to the last guy who actually tried to claim we had no practice fields.

You KNOW Golden is somewhere in Jersey right now attributing his failure to the fact that we're only spending money now. He's already working on the nonsense he'll spew to any idiot AD that'll interview him as to why it didn't work for him here.

You know it!
He will never be able to admit that HE was the reason it didn't work out here.

yeah. he is borderline mentally ill. completely a narcissistic liar.

Just contrast that to what Richt said about his time in GA and how the last few years he had been more of a manager.
That's someone capable of self analysis and accountability. That's something Golden has never been able to do.

he also fired his college roommate.

Advertisement
I actually have no problem with Coley staying for now because it provides a level of continuity for Kaaya as we need to maximize his final 2 years and it eliminates Coley's glaring weakness of being an actual playcaller. He's also easily worth his salary if he keeps landing legit QB's every 2 years and solid backups on a regular basis. The only thing that'd really give me pause about keeping him in a modified role would be if Dorsey is interested in a similar type of position with us.

Coley has some apparent weaknesses having to do with playcalling, but doesn't mean he does not have some strengths. He does well with scripted plays which means he did well game-planning for opponents. His issues came once the opponent made adjustments. He also seems to evaluate qbs pretty well picking up a relatively unheralded Kaaya from out west, and from reports I have read, Shirreffs seems a pretty good find. He also seems to relate well to his qb. He has a laid back attitude and doesn't seem to fly off the rails. This helps keep your qb calm and collected under pressure. He is also a good recruiter. He is not a lost cause by any stretch. Just find a niche for him where he can excel at what he does best. I think if he wants to stay in Miami he has an opportunity on Richt's staff.

I actually have no problem with Coley staying for now because it provides a level of continuity for Kaaya as we need to maximize his final 2 years and it eliminates Coley's glaring weakness of being an actual playcaller. He's also easily worth his salary if he keeps landing legit QB's every 2 years and solid backups on a regular basis. The only thing that'd really give me pause about keeping him in a modified role would be if Dorsey is interested in a similar type of position with us.

Coley has some apparent weaknesses having to do with playcalling, but doesn't mean he does not have some strengths. He does well with scripted plays which means he did well game-planning for opponents. His issues came once the opponent made adjustments. He also seems to evaluate qbs pretty well picking up a relatively unheralded Kaaya from out west, and from reports I have read, Shirreffs seems a pretty good find. He also seems to relate well to his qb. He has a laid back attitude and doesn't seem to fly off the rails. This helps keep your qb calm and collected under pressure. He is also a good recruiter. He is not a lost cause by any stretch. Just find a niche for him where he can excel at what he does best. I think if he wants to stay in Miami he has an opportunity on Richt's staff.

Good point about scripted plays. FSU 2014 is a good example. I'd like to keep him on staff. He has value. Hopefully a pay raise will keep him around.

This is right on the money and I agree. Coley actually gameplans pretty well. Its his adjustments and in game playcalls that are a major problem. If we could keep him as a CO OC/QB Coach like he was for Jimbo at FSU, I think it would be an idea situation. He has a good eye for QB talent, and is a very good recruiter. I also think he gameplans pretty well. He could be an asset in the right role at UM.

I would certainly be ok with Coley staying on as a CO-OC with Richt calling the plays and running the offense and Coley helping to gameplan, recruiting and working with the QBs.

Advertisement
Make me hate Golden more knowing how he phucked this school and kids with his masquerade as a coach. Watch how fast we get back in the game now that idiot Golden is gone.

2 things

Golden has to be questioning himself as a coach. I do think golden should be a athletic director or politician

BC DC needs to get a call by richt. I don't think he does because BC season is over and richt seems to have his eye on guys still coaching

Advertisement
Corley can be like Strong was at UF. I believe Urban brought in a 2nd actual DC so Strong could be a recruiter and look good......at least that's what HarrietTubmanCane told me.....

"have some coaches identified; timing is not right"

I see what he did right there. I wonder how many are UGA, how many are NFL, etc.

110% correct on all of this.

Wow. What a contrast to the last guy who actually tried to claim we had no practice fields.

You KNOW Golden is somewhere in Jersey right now attributing his failure to the fact that we're only spending money now. He's already working on the nonsense he'll spew to any idiot AD that'll interview him as to why it didn't work for him here.

I would Up Vote this post 10X if I could...

Advertisement
Golden has to be questioning himself as a coach. I do think golden should be a athletic director or politician

Already made the career move to the job he was most suited for in the state where he doesn't fear planes and banners...Close to the Jersey border too!

AL.jpg

Last edited:

This is right on the money and I agree. Coley actually gameplans pretty well. Its his adjustments and in game playcalls that are a major problem. If we could keep him as a CO OC/QB Coach like he was for Jimbo at FSU, I think it would be an idea situation. He has a good eye for QB talent, and is a very good recruiter. I also think he gameplans pretty well. He could be an asset in the right role at UM.

I would certainly be ok with Coley staying on as a CO-OC with Richt calling the plays and running the offense and Coley helping to gameplan, recruiting and working with the QBs.

Yeah! Let's give this loser a sympathy chance because he tries hard and is ok at some stuff!

**** the fact that the admin is actually paying for real coaches now and we can bring in a solid staff!

We owe people favors, let's give them a chance to learn at the expense of winning. That's what a gentleman does.

Advertisement

Yeah! Let's give this loser a sympathy chance because he tries hard and is ok at some stuff!

**** the fact that the admin is actually paying for real coaches now and we can bring in a solid staff!

We owe people favors, let's give them a chance to learn at the expense of winning. That's what a gentleman does.

why not? We know Richt is not going to need anyone calling plays but still needs some help with game-planning, recruiting, evaluating, and maybe some other organizational type things. You already have a proven commodity with Coley that does those types of things well. He already has an established relationship with the qb, and knows the recruiting locale pretty well. No need to start over and build from scratch. I trust Richt will do what he thinks best; just pointing out that Coley may actually be a good fit for what Richt is needing.

I would Up Vote this post 10X if I could...

Can you just see him in front of a mirror practicing the pitch.

why not? We know Richt is not going to need anyone calling plays but still needs some help with game-planning, recruiting, evaluating, and maybe some other organizational type things. You already have a proven commodity with Coley that does those types of things well. He already has an established relationship with the qb, and knows the recruiting locale pretty well. No need to start over and build from scratch. I trust Richt will do what he thinks best; just pointing out that Coley may actually be a good fit for what Richt is needing.

Completely agree.

It's a personal motto of mine to carry around dead weight at my own expense; as long as somebody else can benefit from it later.

We got grass, equipment, football, coaches - we have something to work with
I sill can't believe it sometimes.
Golden is actually gone and we have a coach.
After 3 corches - this stuff is so enjoyable to read.
September can't get here soon enough.

complete 180 from Golden. Golden used facilities and players and wind and rain as a means to justify his ineptitude while Richt actually sounds like a coach...we got grass, we got equipment, let's go.

Advertisement
Back