Coach Richt show

CaneCounty

Senior
Coach Richt show
Excited to get home
Currently in Jaxville recruiting; priority for EE (up against dead period)

Initial priorities
- will watch tape of every verbal commit

On UGA commits
- everyone deserves to go where they want to go, deserves to go with who they want to go; we will work that out

On current team
- will watch tape of current roster players
- will first sit with those who are thinking of leaving for draft early this week
- met Saturday and did a preliminary assessment of roster

On facility, stadiums, money for asst coaches
- everywhere has challenges
- know what you have and be able to work with what you have
- priorities what is most important
- we got grass, equipment, football, coaches-- we have something to work with

On money for asst coaches
- have some coaches identified; timing is not right
- we need to not only get good coaches but to keep them
- what you make in a salary is a sign of respect

On being involved in the offense
- im going to be more involved than in the past years
- will hire someone to be the offensive coordinator; just not the play caller
- will coach QB and call plays

On defense
- more important that he hires the right man than the scheme
- has to be the tip of the sphere
- sounds like he will turn defense over to the DC; wont micromanage

On recruiting focus outside of South Florida
- recruit the entire state of FL
- recruit the state of GA
- cant get them all- get the right ones

Advertisement
We got grass, equipment, football, coaches - we have something to work with
I sill can't believe it sometimes.
Golden is actually gone and we have a coach.
After 3 corches - this stuff is so enjoyable to read.
September can't get here soon enough.

This was music to my ears. He must've made Blake commit a large amount of money to the assistant pool.

No excuses? I forgot what it sounds like - a coach NOT covering his ***.

Advertisement
Nice change of pace from the last guy that did nothing but talk negatively about this program to make it sound like he was some miracle worker by just winning a single game.

Advertisement
Coley is gone in that case

Not sure. Word is his wife REALLY loves it here and his resume as a play caller isn't exactly sparkling at the moment.

Might do him good to sit a year or two behind a real play caller and then jump.

Doesn't mean coley is gone. He can be OC and have input and share in some duties with richt

Doesn't mean coley is gone. He can be OC and have input and share in some duties with richt

I suspect this was offered. If so, it's exactly what he was doing at FSU and supposedly the main reason he took the job here. I doubt he'd go for it, but who knows? If the money's good and he has no other job prospects...

Advertisement

If Richt is going to pay him OC money, then he wants a real OC. Coley can be fine at FIU.

Coley is gone in that case
Only if he lets his ego get the better of him. Maybe if he's lucky, he can still have the title of OC and wind up getting a lot of the credit when the offense takes off.

His ultimate goal should be to become a HC. He stands a much better chance of doing that from here as part of the Richt tree associated with a great team and offense than he would by stomping off to Bowling Green or some other **** hole where they might let him call plays.

Advertisement
Nice change of pace from the last guy that did nothing but talk negatively about this program to make it sound like he was some miracle worker by just winning a single game.

This, unbelievable the amount of built in excuses and loss set up that idiot would waste time on, what a loser

This was music to my ears. He must've made Blake commit a large amount of money to the assistant pool.

There's no way he took this job without a commitment to pay at least the same to his assistants as the place where he left. He had bargaining power with all the other open jobs, and UM clearly wanted him badly. That's why I've been telling guys to expect a big time DC who will likely make at least $1M.

There's no way he took this job without a commitment to pay at least the same to his assistants as the place where he left. He had bargaining power with all the other open jobs, and UM clearly wanted him badly. That's why I've been telling guys to expect a big time DC who will likely make at least $1M.

Don Brown would be nice.

Advertisement
Back