Coach Richt show

Advertisement
I actually have no problem with Coley staying for now because it provides a level of continuity for Kaaya as we need to maximize his final 2 years and it eliminates Coley's glaring weakness of being an actual playcaller. He's also easily worth his salary if he keeps landing legit QB's every 2 years and solid backups on a regular basis. The only thing that'd really give me pause about keeping him in a modified role would be if Dorsey is interested in a similar type of position with us.

On money for asst coaches
- we need to not only get good coaches but to keep them
- what you make in a salary is a sign of respect

This was music to my ears. He must've made Blake commit a large amount of money to the assistant pool.

There's no way he took this job without a commitment to pay at least the same to his assistants as the place where he left. He had bargaining power with all the other open jobs, and UM clearly wanted him badly. That's why I've been telling guys to expect a big time DC who will likely make at least $1M.

Don Brown would be nice.

He's the first guy I'd make tell me no.

Doesn't mean coley is gone. He can be OC and have input and share in some duties with richt

If Richt is going to pay him OC money, then he wants a real OC. Coley can be fine at FIU.

Not true

Richt explains he likely will call plays and hire a coordinator to help organize offense and do other offensive planning...
6:42am - 7 Dec 15

I would say if we notice coley's name not being mentioned on recruiting visits and actively involved in recruiting, we know the answer.

Advertisement
"- we got grass, equipment, football, coaches-- we have something to work with"

Wow. What a contrast to the last guy who actually tried to claim we had no practice fields.

Coley is gone in that case

Not sure. Word is his wife REALLY loves it here and his resume as a play caller isn't exactly sparkling at the moment.

Might do him good to sit a year or two behind a real play caller and then jump.

There are other nearby schools. Buh bye Coley.

I'm not impressed by him, except he seems to have touch of finding and getting good QBs. It is of upmost importance to continue that at Miami. Mark had a couple good one at UGA but seems spotty. Wouldn't mind keeping Coley as OC who DOES NOT call plans.

Holy crap, it's so crazy to hear Richt talk vs Golden, very refreshing and it's given me a lot of hope we are heading in the right direction. I thought Richt might be a little burned out but after all the stuff that has been said (specifically him calling plays), it's obvious this man has something to prove and still wants to win. I wanted Herman for his smarts, personality, youth and fire but I can now rest easy, Richt wants it.

Coley is ******* amateur hour in every sense of the word.

Richt says he wants to coach QBs and call plays, so his OC he hires will be in charge of helping him game plan, chart tendencies of defenses, study opponents, etc. and other apprentice type tasks. I'm hoping to never see Coley or his stupid face again.

Advertisement
Coley is ****ing amateur hour in every sense of the word.

Richt says he wants to coach QBs and call plays, so his OC he hires will be in charge of helping him game plan, chart tendencies of defenses, study opponents, etc. and other apprentice type tasks. I'm hoping to never see Coley or his stupid face again.

Coley should go to a program with inferior talent week in/week out so he can run his overly thought finesse scheme and have a justified reason to do it

he brought up his ol coach calloway being the OC. i think he might just hire a positive coach to be oc.

refreshing was he said "I'm not going to be micromanaging the defense" unlike golden who micromanaged everything.

Wow. What a contrast to the last guy who actually tried to claim we had no practice fields.

You KNOW Golden is somewhere in Jersey right now attributing his failure to the fact that we're only spending money now. He's already working on the nonsense he'll spew to any idiot AD that'll interview him as to why it didn't work for him here.

Advertisement

You KNOW Golden is somewhere in Jersey right now attributing his failure to the fact that we're only spending money now. He's already working on the nonsense he'll spew to any idiot AD that'll interview him as to why it didn't work for him here.

probably. if that guy came up with schemes like he can excuses, he would be a dominate coach.

I dont know why you guys want to keep coley. I think Richt needs to be in real coaches not a part of the last 4 years of amateur hour. That's just my opinion.

You know it!
He will never be able to admit that HE was the reason it didn't work out here.

Advertisement

You know it!

yeah. he is borderline mentally ill. completely a narcissistic liar.

I dont know why you guys want to keep coley. I think Richt needs to be in real coaches not a part of the last 4 years of amateur hour. That's just my opinion.

Not many "real" OC are going to do all the ****** work and not get to call the plays. That's why they probably don't care if he stays. If Richt is calling the plays I don't care that much either. Coley is a good recruiter and Jimbo kept him around for a good bit so he must have been good at his duties besides calling plays. Coley has struggled calling plays and making adjustments but he might be a good fit if that's what Richt wants (calling plays).

Im still scarred when people say Mark from 5 years of loser abuse, gotta get used to it being the HMIC

You know it!

yeah. he is borderline mentally ill. completely a narcissistic liar.

Just contrast that to what Richt said about his time in GA and how the last few years he had been more of a manager.
That's someone capable of self analysis and accountability. That's something Golden has never been able to do.

Advertisement
Back