Coach Richt Media Day Presser 8/14/17

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium
[video=youtube_share;uK-ADPs4jeI]https://youtu.be/uK-ADPs4jeI[/video]

Advertisement
Richt's opening statement was a call for early enrollees.

"If I had to pick two it would be one of the 2 veterans."

Rosier is probably the starter because he is the only one that has shown me anything. The Sheriffs talk has been all talk really, and educated guesses. Rosier thus far has better Stats, Efficiency, and Highlights of some really nice dimes whether it is in the spring or the fall. I know I shouldn't put to much stock into that but that is only thing of substance I can really go on. Also, In the only public scrimmage Rosier was the consensus best performer among the fans that attended. It all depends on what Richt leans more on.. The guy who takes risks but the offense is more explosive or the guy who plays it safe.

I'd personally take the high risk, high reward because I have a defense that can make up for mistakes along with offensive potential at the skill position. Plus Rosier is possibly our fastest QB.

Last edited:
After watching the interview in its entirety, Richt seems really freakin' in tune with what the fans care about and discuss. Good job by his staffers. I chuckled when he said "everyone says Chad and music this, music that..."

Lots of good insight in the entire interview. A couple things that worried me re: the explanation of what he values to make decisions, but we're overall blessed to have his approach leading the way.

every now and again I'm reminded we have a real coach. This was one of those moments.

Advertisement
After watching the interview in its entirety, Richt seems really freakin' in tune with what the fans care about and discuss. Good job by his staffers. I chuckled when he said "everyone says Chad and music this, music that..."

Lots of good insight in the entire interview. A couple things that worried me re: the explanation of what he values to make decisions, but we're overall blessed to have his approach leading the way.

I have an idea, but in the interest of not being presumptive, could you elaborate? Would like to hear your thoughts.

I loved hearing Rick **** down Fairy German's windpipe. "Yall keep saying N'Kosi. I've got 2 young guys out here playing really well."

I have an idea, but in the interest of not being presumptive, could you elaborate? Would like to hear your thoughts.
Ha. This probably isn't the time or place. It'd be like providing my thesis on education and explain why I'm building technology around it.

In short, depending on how Richt weighs its importance, it's a bit rigid to put disproportionate value on being prepared for the expected. In the modern game (and modern education), you also have to be prepared for unpredictability. Being trained to adapt is as important as being prepared for what you've already rep'd. I'm sure he already knows that and, even if it's not a point of emphasis for him, I suspect his experiences with Kaaya last year are fresh in his mind. This is why I suspect he reportedly loves Nkosi's innate ability to extend plays.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Said scrimmages carries more weight than practices, because it's as close to a game-like scenario you can manufacture.

Just putting that out there to refute some things stated in the big thread about the starting QB, and how the scrimmage stats and play weren't as important as the other practices (as a means to prop up Perry). Pretty much opposite of what Richt just stated.

Advertisement
I loved hearing Rick **** down Fairy German's windpipe. "Yall keep saying N'Kosi. I've got 2 young guys out here playing really well."

He **** down a whole bunch of Perry or bust windpipes on CIS too.

Last edited:
Just waiting for broke to chime in.

You are needed in the gators tears thread. Go screenshot some more posts

Lol... Richt debunked your entire practices vs scrimmages argument from that other thread where you were saying but but but the practices. He's putting far more weight on the scrimmages...and smartly so.

Advertisement

Lol... Richt debunked your entire practice vs scrimmages argument from that other thread. He's putting far more weight on the scrimmages...and smartly so.

It all will sort itself out, at the end of the day I want the best guy for the job. Don't really trust rosier but we will see if it is him

Lol... Richt debunked your entire practice vs scrimmages argument from that other thread. He's putting far more weight on the scrimmages...and smartly so.

It all will sort itself out, at the end of the day I want the best guy for the job. Don't really trust rosier but we will see if it is him

He said that the younger guys don't know what to do and that Perry threw an interception as a result. He's not ready. Time to ride with whoever can win us the most games.

This sounds like a new season of

03f4790.jpg

Advertisement
Back