Coach Richt Media Day Presser 8/14/17

Advertisement
Sounds like chad thomas has taken the next step, excited to watch him play

After watching the interview in its entirety, Richt seems really freakin' in tune with what the fans care about and discuss. Good job by his staffers. I chuckled when he said "everyone says Chad and music this, music that..."

Lots of good insight in the entire interview. A couple things that worried me re: the explanation of what he values to make decisions, but we're overall blessed to have his approach leading the way.

He just doesn't wanna lose kids based off decisions that doesn't go their way. He's a quality guy and a good man.

I loved hearing Rick **** down Fairy German's windpipe. "Yall keep saying N'Kosi. I've got 2 young guys out here playing really well."

That statement made me chuckle as well! Reminded me of Saban a couple years ago scolding one reporter about a comment of having Bama's younger guys getting the opportunity to play against a lesser opponent. Saban responded with what makes you think they're going to play? Then proceeded to rant about how Georgia Southern ran down their throats. Being a GSU it made me laugh, but still hate the guy!

Advertisement
Still thinking Sherrif

I think we're fine w Rosier too.

But I have a feeling Richt is gonna put a premium on efficiency w our defense.
I am thinking it's Evan too.

We should win 10 w either

I dont think we start Evan if Kayaa was really "pushed out". Kayaa does everything Evan can do, but better.

Its Rosier or Perry IMO. Were gonna rate RPO even more after this yr.

Still thinking Sherrif

I dont think we start Evan if Kayaa was really "pushed out". Kayaa does everything Evan can do, but better.

ive seen no evidence that Kaaya was pushed out. Have you?

Still thinking Sherrif

We've been told that he wasn't "recruited" by Richt to stay, which to some people means he was pushed out of the program. Because nuance is dead.

Advertisement
I can tell that Richt really wants Perry to start but he's realizing that he may not be our best option for our TEAM to reach their full potential this year

Still thinking Sherrif

We've been told that he wasn't "recruited" by Richt to stay, which to some people means he was pushed out of the program. Because nuance is dead.

Mythology based on guesswork, fantasy and supposition.

If you can find one single credible shred of evidence, even an insider saying this that's respected, it would be greatly appreciated.

If I recall correctly, the word after his decision was that he had made up his mind and could not have been swayed. "Recruiting" him would have made no difference, he was leaving.

Advertisement
Don't feel like looking for the video, but Richt said before Kaaya announced he was leaving, he hopes Kaaya returns.

Just waiting for broke to chime in.

You are needed in the gators tears thread. Go screenshot some more posts

Lol... Richt debunked your entire practice vs scrimmages argument from that other thread. He's putting far more weight on the scrimmages...and smartly so.

It all will sort itself out, at the end of the day I want the best guy for the job. Don't really trust rosier but we will see if it is him

He said that the younger guys don't know what to do and that Perry threw an interception as a result. He's not ready. Time to ride with whoever can win us the most games.

Man shut the fck up that's not what he was saying at all clown... he said the younger guys can win games and that he's waiting to see how much they progress as they get comfortable with the offense.

Says that the veterans are only going to improve incrementally while the freshman can improve drastically which implies that if one of the freshman (Nkosi) show that hes improved enough, he can still be the starter.

Just waiting for broke to chime in.

Lol... Richt debunked your entire practice vs scrimmages argument from that other thread. He's putting far more weight on the scrimmages...and smartly so.

It all will sort itself out, at the end of the day I want the best guy for the job. Don't really trust rosier but we will see if it is him

He said that the younger guys don't know what to do and that Perry threw an interception as a result. He's not ready. Time to ride with whoever can win us the most games.

That's the fvck I'm saying.... Let's ride with WHO gives us the best opportunity to win NOW.

Advertisement

Man shut the fck up that's not what he was saying at all clown... he said the younger guys can win games and that he's waiting to see how much they progress as they get comfortable with the offense.

Says that the veterans are only going to improve incrementally while the freshman can improve drastically which implies that if one of the freshman (Nkosi) show that hes improved enough, he can still be the starter.

You say the dumbest shît on the regular on this board, Atlanta fool. And you've been the leader of the Perry First movement declaring Perry our all world starter before he even stepped into camp and threw a pass. Those are your credentials. You went out on a ledge and you're looking inept as usual. You're ignoring what Richt said that's negative for Perry because it goes against your Perry First agenda.

A number of us hope that Perry earns the job by outperforming the other guys. You just want to force him in there to feel like we finally have a savior. That's not good for the team.

You say the dumbest shît on the regular on this board, Atlanta fool. And you've been the leader of the Perry First movement declaring Perry our all world starter before he even stepped into camp and threw a pass. Those are your credentials. You went out on a ledge and you're looking inept as usual. You're ignoring what Richt said that's negative for Perry because it goes against your Perry First agenda.

A number of us hope that Perry earns the job by outperforming the other guys. You just want to force him in there to feel like we finally have a savior. That's not good for the team.

What he said

"If I had to pick two it would be one of the 2 veterans."

Rosier is probably the starter because he is the only one that has shown me anything. The Sheriffs talk has been all talk really, and educated guesses. Rosier thus far has better Stats, Efficiency, and Highlights of some really nice dimes whether it is in the spring or the fall. I know I shouldn't put to much stock into that but that is only thing of substance I can really go on. Also, In the only public scrimmage Rosier was the consensus best performer among the fans that attended. It all depends on what Richt leans more on.. The guy who takes risks but the offense is more explosive or the guy who plays it safe.

I'd personally take the high risk, high reward because I have a defense that can make up for mistakes along with offensive potential at the skill position. Plus Rosier is possibly our fastest QB.

I thought Sheriffs was the most efficient

Still thinking Sherrif

Evan is more mobile/faster than Kayaa

Advertisement
Back