Coach Prime

To be honest, the recruiting thing looks like a temporary fad like the Ball boys defying college basketball on their way to the NBA... Deion just happens to be Papa Ball.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He may take a P5 job, but so far he's been consistent regarding getting hbcu's more pub, funding, etc. Even when opposing hbcu coaches took swipes at him, he immediately said that they all needed to be working together.

The last President, already made federal funding for HBCUs permanent. So they don't have to suck up to Congress every budget year... and it opens up credit lines, so they can focus on other funding opportunities.

So we might be seeing a change in how HBCUs operate if they do it right. However, I am not sure if all the other HBCUs are onboard and ready move forward. There are going to be some haves and have nots among HBCUs.

Still a dog **** coach. Completely outcoached and unprepared 6-7 times this year but had the talent to only have 2 losses. The loss to SC State would be the equivalent of Saban losing to Tennessee.

The last President, already made federal funding for HBCUs permanent. So they don't have to suck up to Congress every budget year... and it opens up credit lines, so they can focus on other funding opportunities.

So we might be seeing a change in how HBCUs operate if they do it right. However, I am not sure if all the other HBCUs are onboard and ready move forward.
I'm familiar with the Future's Act as a good friend of mine worked in Sen. Jones' office. I was speaking more towards other forms of funding (like you alluded to). Truth is, though, some of the schools have to get their s**t together. Some of the negative talk is bs, but some of it is warranted. Curious to see how this all pans out though.

when I see bout 30 or so kids go to other long-time well-known HBCU's like Grambling, Southern etc... then we can say this is a real movement. But if they are all going to one program with a certain coach, well, Im inclined to believe it's about that coach(in this case, Deion Sanders)

My hats off to him, he's creating a system that works for him. And I want to know what the likes of Coleman think of their experience and if they actually stick this thing throughout should Sanders leave..
About that coach, and moreso, the payday. I'm quite certain the newfound passion for going to a HBCU coached by Deion would dry up fast if the NIL money dried up.

Advertisement
And?

You can say the same thing about most PWI's. FSU's in a "****hole" part of town also, a guy by the name of Ted Bundy ran through their once.

BTW, Sanders' hiring has nearly doubled the economic impact of The City Of Jackson & Jackson St., Jackson St. broke FCS records for average home attendance, team gear is flying off the shelves, more jobs, they have a new stadium in the works, and they're probably getting more applications because of the exposure.

I'll go out on a limb and say JSU will probably move up to G5 in the next few years.

I don’t know about moving up to G5. But things look great for JSU. The SWAC may improve overall. It’s a pretty extensive process to moving up.

About that coach, and moreso, the payday. I'm quite certain the newfound passion for going to a HBCU coached by Deion would dry up fast if the NIL money dried up.

as Deion once said himself-- must be the money

Nah. Nothing odd to that. ESPN told him he could either accept a pay cut to half his salary or he would be released. Barstool saved his ***. But some people really putting way too much thought into this. Hbcu aren't going to be taking nothing except once in a blue and most of that is simply while schools are figuring out the details with Nils. It's just funny as **** to me how people think Dion is some amazing coach. Dude is clueless and is simply a gimmick. I'm glad for his teams success this last year but you don't have to be some world beater to win when you are playing the girls YMCA on a regular.

this.

coaching is NOT like playing.

he was an elite CB that relied on instinct, athleticism, and once in a generational ability.

the work you need to put in to be a great coach? that's something Deion is not going to do.

Advertisement
this.

he was an elite CB that relied on instinct, athleticism, and once in a generational ability.

the work you need to put in to be a great coach? that's something Deion is not going to do.
People don't seem to understand. He's basically a puppet over there. He trots out on GameDay and puts on a show but his own players and staff have said he doesn't put in the work.

Deion Sanders is a problem guys… elite recruits are going to want to play for him now. I can see him getting Stewart this **** could snowball fast. JSU is going to have to join the SEC if it doesn’t stop.

Deion Sanders is a problem guys… elite recruits are going to want to play for him now. I can see him getting Stewart this **** could snowball fast. JSU is going to have to join the SEC if it doesn’t stop.

9B457194-034A-4A47-B9D3-373FAD0A6365.gif

Advertisement
this.

Some people are just good at everything they do. Maybe Coach Prime is one of those guys...idk how far this guy is getting up the coaching ladder, or even if he aspires to...he's at Jackson State pulling 5-stars...some dudes like playing with the difficulty setting on freshman and they ain't about that Heisman life. Either way, he seems to be doing ok so far. Not great (the only Jackson State game I saw is the one they lost to South Carolina State...go figure)...but doin just fine.

Still a dog **** coach. Completely outcoached and unprepared 6-7 times this year but had the talent to only have 2 losses. The loss to SC State would be the equivalent of Saban losing to Tennessee.
It’s lightning in a bottle is all. When you can sell kids on being the first….or being the ones to set a trend…that’s a powerful tool

Once that wears off you’re right back to where you started

I think it’s good it’s happening but same time there’s no substance there for sustainability in my opinion

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back