Coach Pop Cooney

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Potential based on what though?
- 150 of B. Smith's 199 yds in 2021 were produced on 2 long catches. Meaning he averaged less than 3 yds on his other 18 catches
- Brenson had < 100 yds in 2021, but showed potential because of that one nice catch he had against that JC from Connecticut?
Only one who showed anything consistent was maybe Restrepo but even he probably shouldn't be any higher than a #3-4 option in a good football program..

I don't care about Gattis, but to pretend there was so much potential talent in this WR core is just lying to yourselves
I forgot we need only 5 star kids here to be successful…

If you think X, BSmith, George, Colbie, and Brinson wouldn’t be very productive in a real offense I don’t know what to tell you

Also who is “brenson”

ive sent dude countless prospects over the years hes never even gave a thumbs up emoji back lol

He came in when the prep guys came in and somehow still has a job makes zero sense to me he does nothing in recruiting except post weirdo **** on the timeline the prep kids didnt turn out im sure someone could do better i mean i could give zero ***** about either mario is solid enough in recruiting id rather him be surrounded by technicians but atleast cooney i feel wouldnt make a kid leave i could see a kid come in and leave because of how weird baez is 😂😂

Last edited:
Advertisement
With what we've seen of the field, how do you recruit?

As much as our recruits are kids, they aren't idiots! Our program, in its current state, has to be easy as ever to negatively recruit against.

Advertisement
If you thought recruiting was bad with Manny you wouldn’t really hated to see it without Cooney.
One thing i know about Cooney he was persistent. When i coached we had the kid that plays wr at Syracuse now Cooney was calling to get him to visit consistently. Locally he is a grinder on atleast getting guys to come on campus,etc.

I forgot we need only 5 star kids here to be successful…

If you think X, BSmith, George, Colbie, and Brinson wouldn’t be very productive in a real offense I don’t know what to tell you

Also who is “brenson”
Who said anything about stars? The fact is this group of players didn't do nearly enough in 2021 to leave any reasonable person convinced that there was an abundance of talent at WR entering this season.

Who said anything about stars? The fact is this group of players didn't do nearly enough in 2021 to leave any reasonable person convinced that there was an abundance of talent at WR entering this season.
We don’t need a bilentinkoff award winner to produce…

We had a Jag in Rambo, Harley who was a one trick pony and X and they were putting up some numbers…

Gattis can’t figure out how to get the best out of his players… sure he doesn’t have the best talent… but this is more than enough talent to not go two games worth of a stretch with ZERO TDs

Advertisement
Back