Coach O on Kevin Steele as a recruiter

Advertisement
My thing is.. why?

The game is full of Grey beards. The best coach/recruiter in the game is friggin 70.

Our president is fuggin 80. Lol

How come people act like these guys are about to die?

It's weird. Especially since most of the greybeards, NFL OR COLLEGE, have so much life left in em.

**** Lebeau coached until he was like 81
Admittedly, it's an assumption.

I always wonder about how inclined older coaches are to recruit now, given how social media has evolved in the last 10 years. Several years ago, you didn't have to follow a kid on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat and whatever other social media platform to figure out their character or connect with them. Now, you gotta keep up with that while communicating with them over texts, Facetime, email, whatever. I can imagine that could be obnoxious if you're a grey beard that grew up in a very different world.

I think he fails miserably there. Penn State was always a gap sound defense that allowed their LBs to make plays. That’s why linebackers go to Penn State. Manny’s defense is the opposite and I expect the Big10 run teams to shred it.
TeAmS LiKe oHiO St aRe gOnNa sCoRe 50 AgAiNsT ThAt mAnNy dEfEnS

There's a list of about 5 people banned from the University of Miami.

Coach O is on that list.

And given some of his recent off the field antics, including some of the stuff that got him fired, seems like he hasn't changed much from his glory days at The U, and if I don't say so myself -- the talent in the 305 is so much better now than it was in the 90's. That man would lose his mind.

for those of us who were familiar with coach o back in the UM days, I think it's safe to say you're right. and we don't want him within farting distance of coral gables under any circumstances.

Advertisement
Again, with Satan, it is a contradiction. With the program he has built, his presence is massive. Nick as a recruiter without that is a absolute joke. His personality for recruiting is a joke. Best recruiter is some kind of SNL skit. What kid identifies with this little guy with a sh*t attitude. Who wants to speak to him on anything outside football? What the **** is Ed smoking?

Again, with Satan, it is a contradiction. With the program he has built, his presence is massive. Nick as a recruiter without that is a absolute joke. His personality for recruiting is a joke. Best recruiter is some kind of SNL skit. What kid identifies with this little guy with a sh*t attitude. Who wants to speak to him on anything outside football? What the **** is Ed smoking?
Nick recruited well even before he had immense success.

Advertisement
Back