Coach O on Kevin Steele as a recruiter

Just heard Coach O on Colin Cowherd's podcast. Colin asked him who the best recruiters he saw- he said Tosh Lupoi, Kevin Steele and Nick Saban. Said "if you go against Kevin Steele you better be ready.
Well Mario did say he would hire guys that do both. No more Rumphs on staph

Advertisement
Just heard Coach O on Colin Cowherd's podcast. Colin asked him who the best recruiters he saw- he said Tosh Lupoi, Kevin Steele and Nick Saban. Said "if you go against Kevin Steele you better be ready.

Yeah, and it's so disappointing that the Gaytors hired Lupoi...

I also love the idea of getting real recruiters paired with Mario. We’ve had some standalone recruiters who were paired with mediocre recruiters. Golden took an active role and they identified talent well but man Manny seems to be a lazy **** with recruiting. Excellent at branding but ****** in action.

When Shemar said he has been on campus 5+ times but never to Manny’s office…..HE WAS A FKN defensive coach who didn’t invite the areas best talent?

Manny, during his exit interview:
1644461172416.png

Can’t run his defense when his Lb suck and front 4 gets zero pressure. Also he doesn’t know how to cover the middle of the field. It’s ALWAYS OPEN!

high risk/high reward but Miami didn’t create the turnovers the last 2 years and he got exposed

Newest Ped State turnover gimmick...OH YEAH!!!
1644461468074.png

Advertisement
Great post. Was not aware of Steele's recruiting prowess. I ASSUMED because of his age he'd not be a particularly good recruiter but I guess that was a bad assumption.

My thing is.. why?

The game is full of Grey beards. The best coach/recruiter in the game is friggin 70.

Our president is fuggin 80. Lol

How come people act like these guys are about to die?

It's weird. Especially since most of the greybeards, NFL OR COLLEGE, have so much life left in em.

**** Lebeau coached until he was like 81

My thing is.. why?

The game is full of Grey beards. The best coach/recruiter in the game is friggin 70.

It's weird. Especially since most of the greybeards, NFL OR COLLEGE, have so much life left in em.

With the way offense has evolved in college not many of the older DCs have been able to evolve with it. It's passed by a lot of the older DCs. You see more young innovative DCs now than you did 10+ years ago. I think Steele has proven to be the exception though.

Advertisement
The don’t call him Kevin ‘The Animal’ Steele for nothin.

So… a very limited peek under the Steel tent. Lol the only conversation I’ve had about him with an athlete fwiw. He knows everyone’s name by site. Not a joke. He’s waking up to kids, introducing himself and he knows their names. Maybe you’re that good, but I’m not. He’s got whatever it is that creates a level of trust from the word hello.

Advertisement
My thing is.. why?

Joe Biden is old and he’s still sharp as a whip
😂🤯🤭🤢 FWIW cognitive ability traditionally diminishes with age. Their are a few that continue to thrive when they get older. Most don’t and some fall of a very steep mental cliff.

Do you think with our athletes plus his defensive philosophy we can create even more havoc with turnovers and TFL than his pervious teams…
We were 8th ranked in tfl last season. We had more tfl than Georgia. The better question is why do we need to create more TFL?

Advertisement
My thing is.. why?

Steele runs 4 miles per day, 340 days a year…how many of his age critics can do that?

He was national recruiter of the year before. Pretty sure he didn't forget that skillset in such a short period of time.

As exciting as that sounds, his coaching acumen and toughness after the slip n slide nonsense we had before sounds even better. The only reason people liked Diaz as DC was because we had set a terribly low expectation for ourselves after D'onofrio. Now, we can raise our expectations again recruiting and coaching with this guy.

Back in the day, I want to say Steele got guys like Ernie Sims, etc. but it's hard to recall.
The only reason people liked Diaz as OC was 6 bajillion turnovers in 2017.

Advertisement
Back