Coach Mirabal goes in-depth on the offensive line

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Coach Alex Mirabal famously said he’d cut off his arms and legs before offensive line was a weakness at Miami. His limbs are intact, as the Canes front five took a massive step forward last season. Coach Mirabal met with his reporters after practice to discuss the group’s continued progress:

On spring practice so far: They're all working. We're trying to see who can play, not necessarily who the best five are. Our job is to find out who can do what we ask them to do in the run game...

Continue reading...

Advertisement
I think the center will be the weak link.
Right side will be much improved.
Left will be a tad weaker at LG.
All in all it will grade out about the same as last year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Excited about this group. Really looking forward to Okunlola and Bell’s development, amongst others. We gotta get one of them ready to take over for Jalen in 2025.
Don’t want to overfill my cup with kool aid but those comments about how Pancake attacked rehab were awesome

5 star all everything kid comes and doesn’t play much, gets hurt etc sometimes these types of guys don’t really work hard when they get to college and flame out

Hearing that’s how he got after it trying to get healthy? Love to hear it

Advertisement
“On Cam Ward: Phenomenal. He is our program today. We’re more physical and we’re tougher and we have a chip on our shoulders because that's who our quarterback is. Our quarterback is tough. He’s physical and he's got a chip on his shoulder and the rest of the program feeds off of it.”

When it comes to drawing a distinction between a former and current player, that’s about as direct as you can be while still trying to be professional.

Thats my coach
terrell owens images GIF

Advertisement
I think the center will be the weak link.
Right side will be much improved.
Left will be a tad weaker at LG.
All in all it will grade out about the same as last year.
No I don't think we stay the same. Just the return of Rivers, Cooper and Mauigoa will make us better. Samson Okunlola will win the LG position and of course Zack Carpenter at Center will round out the OL. Then the depth with McCoy, Bell, Kinsler, Rodriguez and Plazz will take us to another level.

Fantastic interview….goes without saying, but I’ll say it anyway. OL is in good hands. FINALLY building quality depth.

How’s the kid Tripp developing?

“On Cam Ward: Phenomenal. He is our program today. We’re more physical and we’re tougher and we have a chip on our shoulders because that's who our quarterback is. Our quarterback is tough. He’s physical and he's got a chip on his shoulder and the rest of the program feeds off of it.”

When it comes to drawing a distinction between a former and current player, that’s about as direct as you can be while still trying to be professional.
That was precisely what I was thinking too when I read that.

Advertisement
Back