Coach macho

mlw352

Sophomore
I enjoy seeing you post about certain prospects what's your opinion about these coaches evaluation and the difference between them and golden staff in your opinion and who are don't under rated people on our class that you like

Advertisement
I think the biggest difference is that this staff understands the value of speed and athleticism. Our last staff over analyzed recruiting. They thought they were the smartest people in the room. That's why they would sign South Florida kids who had offers from schools like Akron. Like they thought they saw something in the kid that the other 50,853 D1 coaches who recruit down here didn't.

You can kinda see what I'm talking about in that old video of our staff in a meeting room talking about a certain recruit. And I remember one time they asked my head coach about a certain WR from South Florida (who ran a 10.2 100m) that they were looking at, and the Miami coach said that he thought the kid "ran his routes too fast."
It's like they were looking for polished football players instead of raw athletes. Well then WTF is your job then? Aren't you supposed to coach these kids up when they get to your University?

They offered a lot of kids with marginal athleticism and passed up on kids that were local studs. Local kids with offers from Oklahoma, Clemson, TCU, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, etc... Would go unrecruited by Miami but they'd turn around and sign a kid who's best offer is from FIU. So in other words you're pickier than the coaches at top-10 programs? LOL
And then you get mollywhopped by the same teams who recruited these kids.
I'll never forget James Burgess and Skai Moore a$$ raping us when we played UL/USC.

Last edited:
I think the biggest difference is that this staff understands the value of speed and athleticism. Our last staff over analyzed recruiting. They thought they were the smartest people in the room. That's why they would sign South Florida kids who had offers from schools like Akron. Like they thought they saw something in the kid that the other 50,853 D1 coaches who recruit down here didn't.

You can kinda see what I'm talking about in that old video of our staff in a meeting room talking about a certain recruit. And I remember one time they asked my head coach about a certain WR from South Florida (who ran a 10.2 100m) that they were looking at, and the Miami coach said that he thought the kid "ran his routes too fast."
It's like they were looking for polished football players instead of raw athletes. Well then WTF is your job then? Aren't you supposed to coach these kids up when they get to your University?

They offered a lot of kids with marginal athleticism and passed up on kids that were local studs. Local kids with offers from Oklahoma, Clemson, TCU, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, etc... Would go unrecruited by Miami but they'd turn around and sign a kid who's best offer is from FIU. So in other words you're pickier than the coaches at top-10 programs? LOL
I'll never forget James Burgess and Skai Moore a$$ raping us when we played UL/USC.

**** howu run routes to fast doe lol GOOOODAMMM

Thats like saying u hit to hard and guys go to sleep when u hit them we dont want u we want the guy who wrapping up and holding onto that guys jersey while hes being dragged across the field.......but he still holdin on doe

Advertisement

What about the video of Hurlie hyping a kid being an athlete and fat no D telling he he can't play safety. That is all I needed to see, a Cane through and through in Hurlie having to bow down as a subordinate to his "boss" who was a total clown show. Right then and there you got a glimpse of everything that was wrong with recruiting.

Thanks macho I'm interested on your take about maxwell worship if you've seen him play or trenell troutman or some under the radar kids like the old uf safety commit Cj smith if frierson does indeed bolt. I'm hoping he doesn't but in case he does or should we even be on Nigel bethel why not go for bigger fish

What about the video of Hurlie hyping a kid being an athlete and fat no D telling he he can't play safety. That is all I needed to see, a Cane through and through in Hurlie having to bow down as a subordinate to his "boss" who was a total clown show. Right then and there you got a glimpse of everything that was wrong with recruiting.

That's exactly what Macho was talking about. Every time that video gets brought my blood boils. The audacity of that ************ to to Hurlie what a Miami safety looks like like Hurlie didn't play the **** position when Miami was on top of the world.

I think thats what Macho is talking about that same video

Advertisement

James burgess should've never been dropped, that was a ******* joke of a mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James burgess should've never been dropped, that was a ****ing joke of a mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Retards were running the show and alot of fans here were right and they got killed because people like to protect the coaches who "know more" sometimes knowledgeable sfla fans do know wtf there talking about

It's almost impossible to recruit poorly in South Florida in today's day and age. Even with the sanctions excuse, Golden made idiotic decisions with the recruitment of sure-fire recruits.

Richt is a polished coach and is running the show like a Professional. Building relationships in the community with a Florida first focus. Basically, we were gone for awhile, but now --- We back!!!

Last edited:

That's exactly what Macho was talking about. Every time that video gets brought my blood boils. The audacity of that ************ to to Hurlie what a Miami safety looks like like Hurlie didn't play the **** position when Miami was on top of the world.

The audacity to bring up a temple safety as a example while coaching at the University of Miami.

Advertisement

The audacity to bring up a temple safety as a example while coaching at the University of Miami.

Its crazy dudes were defending him and the truth was right in there faces..........I was done when Teddy body slammed us in that bowl game and too many slfa misses

Advertisement

That was funny. They were comparing the recruit to the best safety they coached at Temple. While Hurlie was thinking that guy never would have sniffed the field on teams he played on.

Guys like Burgess and Moore were a microcosm of our lack of understanding for South FLA athletes. They didn't recruit local dogs cause they were an inch too short or 15 pounds too light, not realizing that **** don't mean anything down here. I'll take a 5'10" CB from South FLA (Bandy) before I take a 5'10" CB from wherever else, or a 210lb Linebacker from South FLA. The amount of dog that these kids have in them negates their lack of ideal size. We're not recruiting for the NFL, we're recruiting for college football and Miami's edge has always been SPEED and DAT DOG!

It's not that they didn't offer South FLA kids, they just offered the wrong ones. Their evaluations were comical.

Terry McCray. Ryan Mayes. Danny Dillard, Nate Dortch and Larry Hope over Fabian Moreau. Braxton Berrios over Isaiah McKenzie. Not recruiting Bandy. Nigel Bethel over Juwan Dowels. Just disaster after disaster.

That was funny. They were comparing the recruit to the best safety they coached at Temple. While Hurlie was thinking that guy never would have sniffed the field on teams he played on.

You could see the disconnect on that staff.

Hurlie wanted to see athleticism. He talked about wanting to see the kid come downhill and strike, be explosive.
D'Onofrio's logic was, he may not be that fast/explosive but you know what he's good at, playing the position of Safety. And while I understand that logic, that's not how successful D1 programs recruit. Just cause a kid is good at Safety in high school doesn't mean he has the physical tools to be a good Safety in major D1 football. Sean Taylor was a **** Running Back.

Guys like Burgess and Moore were a microcosm of our lack of understanding for South FLA athletes. They didn't recruit local dogs cause they were an inch too short or 15 pounds too light, not realizing that **** don't mean anything down here. I'll take a 5'10" CB from South FLA (Bandy) before I take a 5'10" CB from wherever else, or a 210lb Linebacker from South FLA. The amount of dog that these kids have in them negates their lack of ideal size. We're not recruiting for the NFL, we're recruiting for college football and Miami's edge has always been SPEED and DAT DOG!

It's not that they didn't offer South FLA kids, they just offered the wrong ones. Their evaluations were comical.

Terry McCray. Ryan Mayes. Danny Dillard, Nate Dortch and Larry Hope over Fabian Moreau. Braxton Berrios over Isaiah McKenzie. Not recruiting Bandy. Nigel Bethel over Juwan Dowels. Just disaster after disaster.

Didn't they want to back out of Perryman's commitment too, but Barrow wouldn't let it happen.

Advertisement
Back