Coach L's run...

He's a great coach and I hope he stays forever, but I doubt he's a top 5 coach in the country. As someone mentioned before, the ACC is stacked.

Pitno
Brown
K
Boeheim

represents like 4k career wins. Is L clearly better than these guys? Is he better than Izzo? I've no idea who Butler's HC is, but they're pretty good. L is better than every Big and Pac 10 coach?

That said, he's the best thing that happened to Miami bball, and I hope he stays here forever. Next year will get him win #600 .

I would not trade our guy for any of those coaches you mentioned.
Period.
End-of-Story.

Yep. Turning around a team is much harder than keeping a consistently great team great. All of those coach's schools (except I don't know of a Brown in the ACC, did he mean Brey?) sell themselves.

The difference with those coaches listed above (Brey?) is that they all stepped into long-time, well established programs. I know that some other coaches told L not to take the UM job because he would never win "there".

Advertisement
He's a great coach and I hope he stays forever, but I doubt he's a top 5 coach in the country. As someone mentioned before, the ACC is stacked.

Pitno
Brown
K
Boeheim

represents like 4k career wins. Is L clearly better than these guys? Is he better than Izzo? I've no idea who Butler's HC is, but they're pretty good. L is better than every Big and Pac 10 coach?

That said, he's the best thing that happened to Miami bball, and I hope he stays here forever. Next year will get him win #600 .

Period.
End-of-Story.

Yep. Turning around a team is much harder than keeping a consistently great team great. All of those coach's schools (except I don't know of a Brown in the ACC, did he mean Brey?) sell themselves.

The difference with those coaches listed above (Brey?) is that they all stepped into long-time, well established programs. I know that some other coaches told L not to take the UM job because he would never win "there".

Yep.
And then he (Coach L) walks into a program that gets thrown into the middle of the NCAA B.S....losing players
during the season and getting hamstrung on the recruiting front.

I meant to say Williams, not Larry Brown. (I do that all the time with those two for some reason. Probably because they both coached at Kansas, and Brown went to UNC).

Pitno
Brown
K
Boeheim

Period.
End-of-Story.

Yep.
And then he (Coach L) walks into a program that gets thrown into the middle of the NCAA B.S....losing players
during the season and getting hamstrung on the recruiting front.

I am almost positive that it was in 2013, in the middle of one of their best seasons ever, that the NCAA waited to announce the findings of the investigation until a nationally televised UM game on ESPN. They had weeks, days, hours to make the announcement and they waited until the middle of a nationally televised basketball game. The NCAA is a circus that has an axe to grind.

Advertisement
Back