Coach L's run...

This is Leonard's best team, they are loaded.

Coach L is a good coach.

Problem is in our league he is like the 6th or 7th best HC.

Ham is a fraud

Since he's been at FSU, Ham has done less with more than any other coach I'm aware of. Every **** year he's landing 5* talent and might make the NCAAT one in three years.

Last time he made the tourney was L's first year at UM. Ham won the ACC tourney that year but alas took an eary exit in round 2. Hasn't been back since.

So it's much worse than I thought.

Advertisement
Larranaga doesn't have to take a backseat to Hamilton. He is 7-3 versus Hamilton head-to-head since joining the conference.

Coach L was asked about the Super Bowl and he couldn't have cared less. He said he doesn't have time to follow other sports. Boss.

Please, there aren't 6 or 7 better coaches in the whole country. Look at the fits he has given Duke and UNC alone. What has been missing is the McDonald's AA and consistent top 10 classes needed to sustain success in a sport where the elite players are often 1 and done. Now that we have established the program is for real, they're starting to come. Watch out, this is about to be really get exciting.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Advertisement

Coach L is a good coach.

Ham is a fraud

Since he's been at FSU, Ham has done less with more than any other coach I'm aware of. Every **** year he's landing 5* talent and might make the NCAAT one in three years.

Last time he made the tourney was L's first year at UM. Ham won the ACC tourney that year but alas took an eary exit in round 2. Hasn't been back since.

So it's much worse than I thought.

Yep, ever since Ham fell in love with recruiting rankings, his teams have become underachievers. Ham is at his best with athletic kids that he can develop into tough defenders and opportunists on the offensive end. Go back and look at his best Miami teams, they were tough, extremely tough in regards to defending, but offensively weren't anything to write home about. His teams at FSU are exciting offensively, but defensively, they break down far too often, compared to what we saw from his older teams. Ham's teams out-talent people, I don't see them doing much of anything else. It's amazing how his bigs aren't as developed as they once were.

ACC records before Coach L

7-9
7-9
4-12
8-8
7-9
4-12
6-10

ACC records after Coach L

9-7
15-3
7-11
10-8
13-5
5-4

We went from actual crowds of 3-4,000 for ACC games to an occasional sellout for Duke and UNC to actual crowds of 6,000+ for ACC with sellouts for more than just UNC and Duke.

We went from getting good recruits and some good transfers to getting multiple top 10/20/30 recruits, 5-stars, McDonalds All-Americans, and a # 7 recruiting class this year.

Updated fo ya

Coach L is a good coach.

At first, I thought the OP was the dumbest post I've read on a Cane board.
Then you took it another level.
Good work and try to avoid procreation.

Advertisement

7-9
7-9
4-12
8-8
7-9
4-12
6-10

9-7
15-3
7-11
10-8
13-5
5-4

We went from actual crowds of 3-4,000 for ACC games to an occasional sellout for Duke and UNC to actual crowds of 6,000+ for ACC with sellouts for more than just UNC and Duke.

We went from getting good recruits and some good transfers to getting multiple top 10/20/30 recruits, 5-stars, McDonalds All-Americans, and a # 7 recruiting class this year.

Updated fo ya

6-5

7-9
7-9
4-12
8-8
7-9
4-12
6-10

9-7
15-3
7-11
10-8
13-5
5-4

Updated fo ya

6-5

My Mistake. Thanks. I just knew they were 1 game over .500

He's a great coach and I hope he stays forever, but I doubt he's a top 5 coach in the country. As someone mentioned before, the ACC is stacked.

Pitno
Brown
K
Boeheim

represents like 4k career wins. Is L clearly better than these guys? Is he better than Izzo? I've no idea who Butler's HC is, but they're pretty good. L is better than every Big and Pac 10 coach?

That said, he's the best thing that happened to Miami bball, and I hope he stays here forever. Next year will get him win #600 .

Advertisement
He's a great coach and I hope he stays forever, but I doubt he's a top 5 coach in the country. As someone mentioned before, the ACC is stacked.

Pitno
Brown
K
Boeheim

represents like 4k career wins. Is L clearly better than these guys? Is he better than Izzo? I've no idea who Butler's HC is, but they're pretty good. L is better than every Big and Pac 10 coach?

That said, he's the best thing that happened to Miami bball, and I hope he stays here forever. Next year will get him win #600 .

In terms of pure coaching, teaching, development, L is one of the best without at doubt. He can't recruit like Self, Calipari, K, Williams but he's getting there.
Head to head he's beaten all of the HOF ACC coaches, he is a better COACH than Calipari and on COACHING ABILITY should be in the same conversation as the elites

Advertisement

Pitno
Brown
K
Boeheim

I would not trade our guy for any of those coaches you mentioned.
Period.
End-of-Story.

Pitno
Brown
K
Boeheim

I would not trade our guy for any of those coaches you mentioned.
Period.
End-of-Story.

Yep. Turning around a team is much harder than keeping a consistently great team great. All of those coach's schools (except I don't know of a Brown in the ACC, did he mean Brey?) sell themselves.

I'm not going to rank coaches but I will never go into a game thinking that we will be outcoached no matter who we are playing.

Pitno
Brown
K
Boeheim

In terms of pure coaching, teaching, development, L is one of the best without at doubt. He can't recruit like Self, Calipari, K, Williams but he's getting there.
Head to head he's beaten all of the HOF ACC coaches, he is a better COACH than Calipari and on COACHING ABILITY should be in the same conversation as the elites

He's stealing recruits from the best, most well established basketball powerhouses in the nation. Look at the offer lists from the kids coming in next year:

Walker had offers from Kentucky, Villanova and Arizona
Lykes had an offer from Villanova
Gak had offers from Duke and Kansas

L is one of, and arguably the best in the business in every facet of the job.

Advertisement
Back