Coach L's run...

The only disappointment is we still haven't had back to back NCAA tourney appearances. You don't have to be some amazing team to make the tourney. There's plenty of mediocre at-large teams in the Big Dance every year.

Advertisement
The only disappointment is we still haven't had back to back NCAA tourney appearances. You don't have to be some amazing team to make the tourney. There's plenty of mediocre at-large teams in the Big Dance every year.

I still think we should have been in, in either his first year, or Angela and Mac's first year.

Oh Lord. He has the # 7 recruiting class in the nation coming in. Look at Haith's ACC records before L got there. Look at how much better the ACC is today. Look at L's ACC record each year. L is building a program and within a couple of years we will be at a point where we are reloading rather than rebuilding, but we are Miami basketball, not Duke or Kentucky. You can't do this in 3-4 years. Also, it took Hamilton a decade to reach the pinnacle of his success.

Do you really need to respond?

ACC records before Coach L

7-9
7-9
4-12
8-8
7-9
4-12
6-10

ACC records after Coach L

9-7
15-3
7-11
10-8
13-5
2-4

We went from actual crowds of 3-4,000 for ACC games to an occasional sellout for Duke and UNC to actual crowds of 6,000+ for ACC with sellouts for more than just UNC and Duke.

We went from getting good recruits and some good transfers to getting multiple top 10/20/30 recruits, 5-stars, McDonalds All-Americans, and a # 7 recruiting class this year.

Please stop. OP is a potato.

Advertisement
Oh Lord. He has the # 7 recruiting class in the nation coming in. Look at Haith's ACC records before L got there. Look at how much better the ACC is today. Look at L's ACC record each year. L is building a program and within a couple of years we will be at a point where we are reloading rather than rebuilding, but we are Miami basketball, not Duke or Kentucky. You can't do this in 3-4 years. Also, it took Hamilton a decade to reach the pinnacle of his success.

Is that a rhetorical question?

Do you want it to be one?

Do you want it to be one?

39b3cc0219339268aa9f10a37a8a40e1.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is Leonard's best team, they are loaded.

Coach L is a good coach.

Problem is in our league he is like the 6th or 7th best HC.

There aren't 6 or 7 better head coaches in the nation. The L bashing is outrageous.

Bump

I don't go into any game thinking we will be outcoached, no matter who we play. Coach L was born to coach basketball.

Wouldn't trade him for any coach.

Best thing about yesterday is that beating a top ten blue blood isn't even a big deal. THAT'S the miracle L has worked.

Advertisement

I still think we should have been in, in either his first year, or Angela and Mac's first year.

Agreed 1000%. It was discussed on here ad nauseam how the team two seasons ago was better than 3 or 4 decent seeded teams that made the tourney...Ol' Miss, Ok St., etc.

L is one of the 5 best coaches in the country. This thread literally made me laugh and cry.

Coach Ham can eat a ****. Everybody, and I mean everybody told him not to go to Washington, including the people/boosters who stood by him when he should have been canned after year 4 and 5. He was a fairly decent coach and it took him a decade to really get going, and the program finally had life, a string of NCAA appearances including the Sweet 16, a Big East Championship, and a top 5 recruiting class, AND the mythical Ryder center was breaking ground. And he picks up his bags and left to "work with Michael." Dumbass. Then he gave us the ultimate middle finger by landing at FSU.

Advertisement
Only bad thing I can say about ol' Leonard " Tropi Chops " is he butt plugged us with "Books on Tape"

This is Leonard's best team, they are loaded.

Coach L is a good coach.

Problem is in our league he is like the 6th or 7th best HC.

Ham is a fraud

Since he's been at FSU, Ham has done less with more than any other coach I'm aware of. Every **** year he's landing 5* talent and might make the NCAAT one in three years.

Last time he made the tourney was L's first year at UM. Ham won the ACC tourney that year but alas took an eary exit in round 2. Hasn't been back since.

Advertisement
Back