Coach Kul

Advertisement
His expertise at coaching and developing D-line will be sorely missed. Dont kid yourselves. Quality of product is part of recruiting.

I dont know if he likes or dislikes recruiting.

Soldinger allegedly didnt like recruiting either but hard to argue with the product he put on the field and into the League.

Yup. There are very few schools in this landscape that can afford pure coaches. Its why Soldy eventually was put out to pasture. Sure...you have room for SOME in this mold, but times have passed them by. Its either the NFL or HS for them. College has become such an arms race, you need grinders that can recruit...it becomes more important than teaching and coaching at this point.

Alabama can afford a Kuligowski as a favor because they have Tosh Lupoi who can recruit an entire front seven by his **** self. Miami isn't afforded such luxuries.
Sarge and him are different for the fact that sarge loves the actual recruitment of kids. He doesn't like chasing around after kids from city to city but he loves locking on to a kid & getting to show them & make them feel the same love for this university that he has always had. Same as kehoe. Kool flat out hates every aspect of recruiting & his personality just was never able to settle in down here.

Advertisement
There are certain schools that can get away with having a few technicians that don't do much recruiting, then there are other where everyone needs to be a recruiter. It should be readily apparent to all of us that Miami is the latter.

BS everyone has to recruit. Saban is somewhere landing his **** helicopter now.

Sarge and him are different for the fact that sarge loves the actual recruitment of kids. He doesn't like chasing around after kids from city to city but he loves locking on to a kid & getting to show them & make them feel the same love for this university that he has always had. Same as kehoe. Kool flat out hates every aspect of recruiting & his personality just was never able to settle in down here.

Excellent point. I didn't want my post to come across that they are the same...they arent...Soldy was just different, but that kind of relationship building has kind of gone the way of the dodo bird, too.

I still think there is a place for Soldy, but the requirements of being a position coach these days means you need to chase, even though, say, in South Florida, you really shouldn't. He shouldn't need to go on a world tour to recruit from home, but it is, what it is, times have changed, unfortunately. He's an all-time great and to be fair, Kuligowski's resume of developed DL at all quality, is elite as well, but the college game at the major P5 level isn't for him unless you have an absolute animal to cover his *** on the recruiting trail...like he'll get in Alabama with Tosh.

Excellent point. I didn't want my post to come across that they are the same...they arent...Soldy was just different, but that kind of relationship building has kind of gone the way of the dodo bird, too.

I still think there is a place for Soldy, but the requirements of being a position coach these days means you need to chase, even though, say, in South Florida, you really shouldn't. He shouldn't need to go on a world tour to recruit from home, but it is, what it is, times have changed, unfortunately. He's an all-time great and to be fair, Kuligowski's resume of developed DL at all quality, is elite as well, but the college game at the major P5 level isn't for him unless you have an absolute animal to cover his *** on the recruiting trail...like he'll get in Alabama with Tosh.
I've had that conversation with sarge several times. Wish to god we could put him above **** near anyone on this staff. But we don't have the support staff that others have that could handle all of the social media etc that is required to recruit kids these days. Hes a dinosaur in that sense. Put a kid I front of him & let that be all that matters. Sign em up its a rap. But anything else we just wouldn't get.

Advertisement
I've had that conversation with sarge several times. Wish to god we could put him above **** near anyone on this staff. But we don't have the support staff that others have that could handle all of the social media etc that is required to recruit kids these days. Hes a dinosaur in that sense. Put a kid I front of him & let that be all that matters. Sign em up its a rap. But anything else we just wouldn't get.
On a side note, something i havent seen mentioned in this yet, baez got a promotion. Hes no longer recruiting coordinator. Im interested to see the difference that will make having him more active in the field. george is an unstoppable force in recruiting these jits. Everyone loves him

I've had that conversation with sarge several times. Wish to god we could put him above **** near anyone on this staff. But we don't have the support staff that others have that could handle all of the social media etc is required to recruit kids these days. Hes a dinosaur in that sense. Put a kid I front of him & let that be all that matters. Sign em up its a rap. But anything else we just wouldn't get.

Clemson has an O coordinator who calls only run plays and another O coordinator who calls all the pass plays. They make that complicated sh#t work somehow. Miami can't figure out (or afford) a way to pair up Soldy with a coach who is better at salesmanship? That arrangement wouldn't have worked for Kul as he had zero interest in doing any sort of recruiting so you'd be asking his recruiting partner to carry all the water. Sounds like Soldy just needs someone to help him with the social media stuff, but he's still aces once he sits the kid down.

BS everyone has to recruit. Saban is somewhere landing his **** helicopter now.

Nobody said the HC has that option, but there are plenty of staffs where some assistant coaches take on far fewer primary recruiter roles than their counterparts. And Saban is terrible example. Dude is possibly the GOAT and he has always been a legend on the trail. He also has to sell himself because his whole staff turns over every 2 to 3 years. We need to stop acting like we can out-Saban, Saban

Advertisement
On a side note, something i havent seen mentioned in this yet, baez got a promotion. Hes no longer recruiting coordinator. Im interested to see the difference that will make having him more active in the field. george is an unstoppable force in recruiting these jits. Everyone loves him
Brooklyn,

Much respect for all the info you bring to this board. Anything you can tell us about who UM is looking at to replace Kool? Is there legitimate interest for Kevin Patrick?

Clemson has an O coordinator who calls only run plays and another O coordinator who calls all the pass plays. They make that complicated sh#t work somehow. Miami can't figure out (or afford) a way to pair up Soldy with a coach who is better at salesmanship? That arrangement wouldn't have worked for Kul as he had zero interest in doing any sort of recruiting so you'd be asking his recruiting partner to carry all the water. Sounds like Soldy just needs someone to help him with the social media stuff, but he's still aces once he sits the kid down.
Sarges strengths arent so much calling plays. Hes a monster in player developement & he is a genius in disecting x & os not so much in calling them. Not really sure if that makes sense for some. Its just some peoole excell at calling plays others just have a way of teaching football to where it makes sense. Thats sarge. Personally i love the man & believe he can coach up any position to an all pro level.

Brooklyn,

Much respect for all the info you bring to this board. Anything you can tell us about who UM is looking at to replace Kool? Is there legitimate interest for Kevin Patrick?
Not really anything i can say right now. I will check into it and id imagine patrick will be one of the first reached out to as he was a finalist with ed o before when cmr first took the job.

Advertisement
Our STs were solid and dangerous when he was here.

And we had the best group of RBs in the history of the school during his stint here. Possibly the best group in such a short time at any college.

Wasn't happy when Coker let him go.

Sarges strengths arent so much calling plays. Hes a monster in player developement & he is a genius in disecting x & os not so much in calling them. Not really sure if that makes sense for some. Its just some peoole excell at calling plays others just have a way of teaching football to where it makes sense. Thats sarge. Personally i love the man & believe he can coach up any position to an all pro level.

so who is recruiting coordinator now?

Our STs were solid and dangerous when he was here.

And we had the best group of RBs in the history of the school during his stint here. Possibly the best group in such a short time at any college.

Wasn't happy when Coker let him go.
None of us were. Him and art were just cokers scapegoats. Really was the beginning of the end

Advertisement
Back