Coach Hayes Post Game Breakdown

I’ve re-watched the game and while there were some bad calls on offense, I’m not going as hard at Lashlee. I don’t think it was him being the conservative one, instead it may have been King missing some key reads.

The 3rd and 7 everyone is talking about for example was clearly an RPO, and if you watch it you can see Harley looking back for the ball. But King just hands it off instead. Additionally, there was another beautifully schemed deep shot that had Harley blowing past the secondary, but King tries to throw a poor back shoulder instead.

There were more, and there were also just bad calls like the 4th and goal, but it’s not as bad as I had originally thought from an OC perspective.
I was actually gonna post something like this. Lashlee really wasn't that bad in his calls, maybe King is that limited in things Lashlee wants.
Imma say it was a little bit of both, cause some of them calls were just pitiful.

Advertisement
Not sure if you guys are familiar with Coach Hayes on Youtube but he is a big Cane fan and does alot of HS recruiting breakdowns as well as Cane film. He did a 3hr show post game and the first hour was breaking down some of the film from the game. I am not seeing it on his page so maybe it got taken down or because it was a livestream. He was breaking down actual film footage so maybe he got dinged..Anyway.. I came away with having to change my mind about a few takes I had.

*I see why Cam is the starting RB again. He had ZERO lanes to run through. OL was getting pushed back into the backfield before the RB could even get the ball. Cant take away his starting job IMO based off what I saw in that breakdown. OL was absolutely mauled which leaves me to my second point.

*OL just went up against a DL that just is on another level. I am not sure I want to judge any of those guys outside of Scaife off that game either. Its just another level of talent we were dealing with and I think our guys on the OL looked overwhelmed. You can have someone tell you about how talented another teams DL is, until you see it in the flesh, you won't know. They know now. And they know we arent facing anything like that again. Nowhere to go but up. Will Anderson is as good as advertised. It was Gods way of making them somewhat human by Christopher Allen going out with an injury. It could have gotten ugly. They both were really impossible for our OL to deal with.

*Ford and TS were the two best players on Defense. Especially TS. He will be All ACC easily. You can tell he came from the SEC. The physicality was right up his alley. Ivey looked like a guy who just wasnt use to WRs being that physical and hard to bring down. Ford wont show up on the stat sheet but he did what I wanted him to do and played like a grown man. He shouldnt have to fear for his job going into App State. Let Nesta and JHH battle for the spot opposite him. Ford held his own for the most part.

*There were scheme breakdowns and sometimes we were not in the scheme call but dammnit our guys really didnt show up alot in many cases. You can tell Bama was well coached to an extreme level and when you have 5* talent and 5* coaching that isnt something we are ready for. Name me another team on the schedule who will that combination? None. Not one. I expect us to look like a completely different team moving forward.

Not jumping ship yet. Like I said in another thread..75% of the board had this game being a blowout. Alot of yall let day time drinking get the best of you and forgot that you predicted us to lose in blowout fashion in the "Bama vs UM prediction" thread. Someone needs to dig that up and remind folks that a blowout is what alot of you expected. No such thing has a pretty blowout. I see alot of yall saying you expected a blowout but wanted it to look better than we showed. Huh? LOL.

Long season and that Hayes breakdown really had me looking at things differently. Check it out if you can.
Stopped reading after the first two paragraphs of excuses. Stop with the we haven't seen anyone on this level. Because if we lose some mediocre game to let's say Pitt you'll see the same excuses listed above. Book mark it.

Anyone that’s been around the program would tell you Don is what a Miami back should be, he’d ran away with the job in spring. It was so sealed up most expected cam to leave , then DC got hurt. As the seasom advances he’ll take more and more snaps.

Cam is stiff as ****, with zero wiggle and goes down if you breathe on him. He is what he is.
He's been that way since he got here. No reason a guy that built should go down with so many arm tackles.

USMNT has great young world class talent.
All they need is confidence and the belief they can compete with the top nations.
The talent is there to make a run at the world cup.
..................Sargent..................
Pulisic........Reyna..........Weah
.........Adams....Mckinney........
Bello..Cardoso...Richard..Best ..................Steffen..................

This team can compete with anyone.
The talent isn't there to even qualify*.

*apparantly

Robert Burns? A guy that barely played in HS because of injuries ? A guy that is nowhere in the same stratosphere as a talent? That’s the comparison? Has Don had a couple shoulder injuries between his Sr year and Miami? Yes….but Robert Burns is the example?

You say “ when has he stayed healthy“ as if he’s been here three years lol, he’s a true soph.

As a talent Don is a good as we’ve had at the position since Duke, does that mean he won’t have injuries or it could be a long term issue? It’s possible , I do know know his shoulder held up fine when trucked Toto.
Sent that **** back to the yellow brick road bruh

Advertisement
The talent isn't there to even qualify*.

*apparantly

A lot of the european players weren’t allowed to travel because of covid and still beat Honduras 4-1.
The talent is there hopefully the coaches pick the right ones.
Too much politics in player selections for world cup.

Advertisement
Back