Coach Hayes on T-Rob...

I agree.

A little more polish won’t hurt, though.

And by that I mean, stringing together some multiple double digit win seasons, where there’s a legitimate consensus that we really have turned a corner, then we go from being well regarded to being a highly valued destination, whether it’s a destination to advance your career, or a destination to make a name for yourself, or somewhere to plant your flag for a long-term career - it doesn’t matter.

The facilities argument no longer holds water, it’s a beautiful place for recruits to come play and live, it’s just a matter of achieving some consistency in being a top program.
Fantastic post.
The corner is ahead, the flag is waiting to be planted that we are winning consistently, and the facilities are on par with other teams.
Your post covered the full range, and the bottom line is W's, and winning the big games.......that is the key.

Advertisement
We don’t need to have an inferiority complex like this. I’m not saying this to get on your case, why wouldn’t a top notch assistant coach want to come to Miami, as long as he is being paid a comparable wage.

We are surely getting away from the days of being a secondary program with second rate facilities and second rate assistants, hopefully T Rob and others are just the beginning. We lost TWill to a DC job, but we will get others.

But one thing we don’t need to do, is we don’t need to grovel. We should expect to get good coaches, we should demand good coaches. But we don’t have to be so grateful like a starving dog, that we overpay them or give them the keys to the city either.

Now we just need to win fūcking win - double digit wins consistently. then it’s not gonna be such a huge deal getting top of the line coaches.
Coaches, and assistant Coaches flock to winners. They want to be branches on a tree that produces winners consistently, and are recognized by their peers as a Professional Elite Group......winning consistently.
We had the tree with JJ, and Erickson.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back