Coach Hayes on T-Rob...

Advertisement
Another plus is that DVD is cutting his teeth under this guy. Should bode well for his future coaching career. Both him and T-Rob seemed to have a unified message when they got here that the main goal was to put kids into the NFL. That, combined with T-Rob's track record, is the reason we're seeing DB recruits coming here like ants to honey.

Bubba knows the deal

Attachments

• 1D719911-7D8B-42B6-9D12-FBDECD0F1566.jpeg
    1D719911-7D8B-42B6-9D12-FBDECD0F1566.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 86
Another plus is that DVD is cutting his teeth under this guy. Should bode well for his future coaching career. Both him and T-Rob seemed to have a unified message when they got here that the main goal was to put kids into the NFL. That, combined with T-Rob's track record, is the reason we're seeing DB recruits coming here like ants to honey.
i like DVD, but he doesnt have the personality to be T Rob or even to carry T Rob's briefcase. he's too nice of a guy. T Rob is a son of a ***** on the field, but you end up loving him anyways.

i like DVD, but he doesnt have the personality to be T Rob or even to carry T Rob's briefcase. he's too nice of a guy. T Rob is a son of a ***** on the field, but you end up loving him anyways.
I for sure will grant you that. Just watching those practice vids, the guy makes MY butt tighten up.

But you can't deny that, despite not having a mean streak, that there aren't still a ton of drills, techniques and countless other little things to be picked up and utilized by a young coach. I never said DVD was going to be a T-Rob clone...just that its positive that there's an excellent teacher on staff from whom he can learn. Everyone is his own man.

Advertisement

You can be either type of coach. Tough as nails or just stern but nice. The most important thing is communication and gaining their respect. They believe in you, respect you and believe you have their best interest at heart, they'll follow you off a cliff.

Is this a different coach or just a video of Coach Machos rant in the scrimmage thread?

Advertisement
watching this video, it really let you know just how unsound our defense was last year. Not just from a schematic standpoint, but in terms of individual technique at all three levels. From shedding blocks, gap integrity, holding the edge, funneling ball carriers back inside to oncoming defenders, how to play the ball in the air...

So many little things that in totality are big. There really was a lack of attention to detail on that side of the ball.

How Miami ended up with him over Florida/UGa, etc I'll never know.

Give the man the keys to the city.

We don’t need to have an inferiority complex like this. I’m not saying this to get on your case, why wouldn’t a top notch assistant coach want to come to Miami, as long as he is being paid a comparable wage.

We are surely getting away from the days of being a secondary program with second rate facilities and second rate assistants, hopefully T Rob and others are just the beginning. We lost TWill to a DC job, but we will get others.

But one thing we don’t need to do, is we don’t need to grovel. We should expect to get good coaches, we should demand good coaches. But we don’t have to be so grateful like a starving dog, that we overpay them or give them the keys to the city either.

Now we just need to win fūcking win - double digit wins consistently. then it’s not gonna be such a huge deal getting top of the line coaches.

We don’t need to have an inferiority complex like this. I’m not saying this to get on your case, why wouldn’t a top notch assistant coach want to come to Miami, as long as he is being paid a comparable wage.

We are surely getting away from the days of being a secondary program with second rate facilities and second rate assistants, hopefully T Rob and others are just the beginning. We lost TWill to a DC job, but we will get others.

But one thing we don’t need to do, is we don’t need to grovel. We should expect to get good coaches, we should demand good coaches. But we don’t have to be so grateful like a starving dog, that we overpay them or give them the keys to the city either.

Now we just need to win fūcking win - double digit wins consistently. then it’s not gonna be such a huge deal getting top of the line coaches.

UM is still a highly regarded -- if underacheiving program -- and like Butch's staff in the late 90s', guys who do well here -- will go places.

And now Miami has finally at least gotten in the same ballpark as it came to facilities, and things of that nature

This job may not be perfect, but it still has a lot of pluses

UM is still a highly regarded -- if underacheiving program -- and like Butch's staff in the late 90s', guys who do well here -- will go places.

And now Miami has finally at least gotten in the same ballpark as it came to facilities, and things of that nature

This job may not be perfect, but it still has a lot of pluses

I agree.

A little more polish won’t hurt, though.

And by that I mean, stringing together some multiple double digit win seasons, where there’s a legitimate consensus that we really have turned a corner, then we go from being well regarded to being a highly valued destination, whether it’s a destination to advance your career, or a destination to make a name for yourself, or somewhere to plant your flag for a long-term career - it doesn’t matter.

The facilities argument no longer holds water, it’s a beautiful place for recruits to come play and live, it’s just a matter of achieving some consistency in being a top program.

Advertisement
I agree.

A little more polish won’t hurt, though.

And by that I mean, stringing together some multiple double digit win seasons, where there’s a legitimate consensus that we really have turned a corner, then we go from being well regarded to being a highly valued destination, whether it’s a destination to advance your career, or a destination to make a name for yourself, or somewhere to plant your flag for a long-term career - it doesn’t matter.

The facilities argument no longer holds water, it’s a beautiful place for recruits to come play and live, it’s just a matter of achieving some consistency in being a top program.

Agreed, Manny needs a 'Bo Derek' this year -- which means 10 wins(at least, and that includes a UNC win) -- this absolutely matters

And Ive posted about this in the past, but the campus is great. As a lifelong Southern California, there's only one out of state university I would go to if I could turn back time, it's Miami. Warm weather, campus is picturesque , the Rat, all that stuff you want as a young person.

Then the football/athletic facilities have been upgraded the past 8 or so years. And Hard Rock, when it's filled with Cane fans for meaningful fans is an incredible atmosphere. That 17 Notre Dame game(which I flew in for) was something I'll never forget. To me, that's the night that stadium truly became a home for Miami football

Now.... win some **** games...

Agreed, Manny needs a 'Bo Derek' this year -- which means 10 wins(at least, and that includes a UNC win) -- this absolutely matters

And Ive posted about this in the past, but the campus is great. As a lifelong Southern California, there's only one out of state university I would go to if I could turn back time, it's Miami. Great weather, campus is picturesque , the Rat, all that stuff you want as a young person.

Then the football/athletic facilities have been upgraded the past 8 or so years. And Hard Rock, when it's filled with Cane fans for meaningful fans is an incredible atmosphere. That 17 Notre Dame game(which I flew in for) was something I'll never forget. To me, that's the night that stadium truly became a home for Miami football

Now.... win some **** games...

Amen.

That ND game, and VT the prior week, just proved that the potential was there for some real magic. No doubt about it. If Manny can just get it together, he has to make at least 10 wins this year to move this program along, and then maybe it can be close to something special again. South Florida crowds can be insane as you saw. That was something else. There was a mojo that night you knew there was no chance for Notre Dame

Amen.

That ND game, and VT the prior week, just proved that the potential was there for some real magic. No doubt about it. If Manny can just get it together, he has to make at least 10 wins this year to move this program along, and then maybe it can be close to something special again. South Florida crowds can be insane as you saw. That was something else. There was a mojo that night you knew there was no chance for Notre Dame

OCCC, funny/true story. So Im watching the VAtech game that year at Barney's Beanery here in Hollywood(which is the Canes hangout in LA, some really great, lively Canes crowds show up every week during the season) and as UM starts to pull away in the 3rd/4th quarter, I said to my table: "Im going to the game.''

It was my Ray Kinsella moment in his Iowa cornfield. They built it, and it called for me to come, lol

I saw that electricity there, and it just looked like a scene. They couldn't believe it. I was serious, went home that night, booked my flight and got a ticket. One of the best impulse decisions Ive ever made( and I've made a ton of bad ones)

Even had lunch that game day with Austin Pennigfer(sp) at 'the Big Cheese' lol.

Flew home that next morning, after staying in the airport most of the late night...

Advertisement
OCCC, funny/true story. So Im watching the VAtech game that year at Barney's Beanery here in Hollywood(which is the Canes hangout in LA, some really great, lively Canes crowds show up every week during the season) and as UM starts to pull away in the 3rd/4th quarter, I said to my table: "Im going to the game.''

It was my Ray Kinsella moment in his Iowa cornfield. They built it, and it called for me to come, lol

I saw that electricity there, and it just looked like a scene. They couldn't believe it. I was serious, went home that night, booked my flight and got a ticket. One of the best impulse decisions Ive ever made( and I've made a ton of bad ones)

Even had lunch that game day with Austin Pennigfer(sp) at 'the Big Cheese' lol.

Flew home that next morning, after staying in the airport most of the late night...

Great story. Worth every penny.

Love this!

Special request though…when you post a two hour video. Please provide some time stamps of the parts you thought were 🔥🔥.

We don’t need to have an inferiority complex like this. I’m not saying this to get on your case, why wouldn’t a top notch assistant coach want to come to Miami, as long as he is being paid a comparable wage. We are surely getting away from the days of being a secondary program with second rate facilities and second rate assistants, hopefully T Rob and others are just the beginning. We lost TWill to a DC job, but we will get others. But one thing we don’t need to do, is we don’t need to grovel. We should expect to get good coaches, we should demand good coaches. But we don’t have to be so grateful like a starving dog, that we overpay them or give them the keys to the city either. Now we just need to win fūcking win - double digit wins consistently. then it’s not gonna be such a huge deal getting top of the line coaches.
I do agree with this in theory.. but the reality is what you stated. Once we win double digits consistently, this will be the norm. As is, sadly, it is a big deal. How the mighty have fallen...

Diaz has done a fantastic job with these assistants. I think it's a combo of what he's selling (to your point), his genuine likability/being a good dude & the opportunity to win at the highest level.

I still think Raymond is more of the norm than TRob, currently.

Easy, he wants to be DC, head coach or at least the highest paid position coach in the country. Nailing down Miami recruiting once and for all is his yellow brick road. We now need to pay the man to keep him.
Make him Defensive coordinator and let him coach the DB’s problem solved (for now)

Advertisement
Back