Coach Felds Biggest Beneficiaries

Jalen Rivers. Not only coming back from injury, but he’s probably the best combo of naturally big and naturally athletic that we have along our OL. I’d like to see the progress he can make to take another step into all conference type player.

Advertisement
Just about any of our highly rated guys whove been stuck on the bench or in the doghouse.

Isaiah Walker
Any OL truthfully(who, with Mirabel, will get premium coaching )
Sam brooks

Jacurri is going to be a beast physically, I'm more interested in his mental development

Advertisement
I’ve consistently been hearing that Felds ability to train and focus based on position will be a game changer.

Looking at each position these are my picks for biggest benefactors of Felds ways.

QB - Jacurri Brown

The frosh is an easy pick as he’ll benefit just from the high school to college transition. However, The young man’s duality at the position opens his training up to more advancements in the group. I could see his physical growth over the next few months getting him a few packages in short yardage situations this season.

RB - Don Chaney

The biggest takeaway from early returns concerning Coach Feld are his focuses on utilizing proper form and athletic training to prevent injury. Less squats and stagnant training, more ligament and support muscle training.
A healthy Don, IMO, is a game changer for this offense.

WR/TE - While Daz Worsham and Redding can benefit similarly to Don, it’s Romello Brinson for me. Adding more functional physicality will help combat the strong CBs in the ACC and abuse the lesser. A more physical game pushes Brinson closer to a Hankerson level impact.

OL - Chris Washington - while mentality will also be key, Washington needs to get a point that his size and strength are no longer a liability. If Mirabal can bring out the mental, and Feld the physical, Washington can shock a few in the Gables.

DL - Jahfari Harvey - another player a little light in the pants, Harvey may never hold much more weight, but can still benefit from more strength at the point of attack. Harvey can grow his strength while keep his speed and expanding to a 3 down DE.

LB - Sam Brooks - Health, weight, twitch. Brooks was on track before becoming a bit of an injury prone player late in high school. Foot and knee injuries affected how he conditioned and how often he could contribute at a high level or at all. Spikes of production show us that get the health and conditioning back could make for an intriguing bounce back candidate.

CB/S - James Williams - Williams sheer size in the secondary lent to heavy hits. Now it’s about reaching potential. With a frame that lends more to safety or lighter LB, Williams has a chance to be the premier defender in the ACC and an all American candidate if he can reach physical potential with Feld.

Where do you all agree, disagree, or see other opportunities on roster to benefit from the new strength and conditioning team?
After seeing pictures of Moss, Skinner and Jacurri from last night, I can not wait to see these 3 under Feld for 6 mons or a year.

Moss has the most to gain. Will be see a change like we did with J Phillips? One can hope!

Advertisement
Back