Coach D's Defensive Scheme

Some of you are either trolling; blind; or don't know **** about football? Last time I checked we use 4 down lineman you bunch of Mongolics?! How does Chick at one DE spot & Green opposite him with Porter & OP at DT resemble a 3 man front?! Some of you need to stop hating already. And even if we did run a 3-4 do you not realize that the best D in the NFL.......the SF 49er's employ that style of D?

And as far as the notion of Donofrio's D at Temple only being able to work there cause of the competition they faced.....it's all relative you fools! Those were the same offenses that torched them prior to his tenure there which he then shutdown!

I'm only an observer to this sight but had to finally chime in cause of how idiotic some of you sound!

How Fascinating....Please do go on.

Advertisement
Some of you are either trolling; blind; or don't know **** about football? Last time I checked we use 4 down lineman you bunch of Mongolics?! How does Chick at one DE spot & Green opposite him with Porter & OP at DT resemble a 3 man front?! Some of you need to stop hating already. And even if we did run a 3-4 do you not realize that the best D in the NFL.......the SF 49er's employ that style of D?

And as far as the notion of Donofrio's D at Temple only being able to work there cause of the competition they faced.....it's all relative you fools! Those were the same offenses that torched them prior to his tenure there which he then shutdown!

I'm only an observer to this sight but had to finally chime in cause of how idiotic some of you sound!

LOL @ you coming in here and calling people idiots when you obviously have no idea what we're referring to.

The issue isn't about a 3-4 vs a 4-3? We're referring to what D'Onofrio's scheme requires from his D-linemen.

Who gives a **** what the best defense in the NFL runs?! This ain't the NFL! The San Francisco 49ers can find players for a 3-4 all day. It's harder to field a 3-4 in college football.

*** outta here!

Then why one of the posters referencing Parcells 3-4 D to Donofrio's? Are you an iliterate?

Btw, didn't He develop Muhamed Wilkerson into a 1st rd pick at Temple?

You get the *** outta here you troll! I'm the mother facking PerroCane! And what? Wildcat Man???

Then why one of the posters referencing Parcells 3-4 D to Donofrio's? Are you an iliterate?

You get the *** outta here you troll! I'm the mother facking PerroCane! And what? Wildcat Man???

Oh snap!

Advertisement

Wow 1 D-Lineman. Central Michigan has a 1st round tackle coming out this year. Besides Wilkerson who else on his D-Lines where drafted in the 1st-4th rounds. Serious question.

Well when using the whole it's only Temple argument, it's **** impressive and it's still one more than UM produced while they were at Temple

Someone in this thread mentioned they didn't think gameplanning against MAC coaches is that tough. I'd like to point out that you actually see a lot more unconventional and creative offenses on a week to week basis in the MAC. A TON of great coaches get their start there, there is actually some great stuff offensive being done in that league. When you have below average players scheme means that much more.

Great post. The best (or at least most innovative) stuff typically trickles out from relative obscurity. The reason is necessity. Look where they found Chip Kelly.

Advertisement

23.jpg

Advertisement
Someone in this thread mentioned they didn't think gameplanning against MAC coaches is that tough. I'd like to point out that you actually see a lot more unconventional and creative offenses on a week to week basis in the MAC. A TON of great coaches get their start there, there is actually some great stuff offensive being done in that league. When you have below average players scheme means that much more.

Great post. The best (or at least most innovative) stuff typically trickles out from relative obscurity. The reason is necessity. Look where they found Chip Kelly.

**** look where Brian Kelly and Irvin Meyers started. Both in the MAC.

These people harping on Coach D's scheme are delusional. They'll talk about how Saban has the best CFB team in America and is running a hybrid defense like Coach D is implementing but talk about scheme being the reason why we can't get all of these imaginary recruits we've been missing on. Then they talk about Coach D playing sorry teams in the MAC but forget Saban started at Toldeo? Yeah that's right, a MAC team? Where did Urban Meyer get his start? Bowling Green? Is that another MAC team? LOL!!!

You can't make this **** up...

Advertisement
Who are you people?

A) Bama is the best team in football. They can do what they want.
B) We're not losing South FLA D-linemen to Bama.

Kids wanna know what schemes they're gonna play in when they get to college and what's gonna be asked of them.

so you are saying the only teams in florida play that scheme and no one else in the country runs it

I'm sorry. Come again?

sorry typed it wrong, are you saying that kids in SoFla cant play that scheme

I'm saying that...

A) They're not used to playing in that scheme and they don't prefer it
B) We're not losing South FLA D-linemen to that type of scheme. We're losing them to teams who let their D-linemen play aggressive.

You can play aggressive in that type if scheme, and the reason why bama doesnt take D-linemen from down here isnt because they dont play the scheme, its because they can cherry pick from any of the 5 star recruits from other states

Who are you people?

so you are saying the only teams in florida play that scheme and no one else in the country runs it

I'm sorry. Come again?

sorry typed it wrong, are you saying that kids in SoFla cant play that scheme

I'm saying that...

A) They're not used to playing in that scheme and they don't prefer it
B) We're not losing South FLA D-linemen to that type of scheme. We're losing them to teams who let their D-linemen play aggressive.

You can play aggressive in that type if scheme, and the reason why bama doesnt take D-linemen from down here isnt because they dont play the scheme, its because they can cherry pick from any of the 5 star recruits from other states

We're talking about a read-n-react type of D-line scheme. Full engagement with 2-gap responsibilty. It's totally different than the aggressive 1-gap schemes that we've always played at Miami. (and all the high school kids play in Florida)

lol

This scheme is why defensive linemen don't want to come here. Nobody wants to take up blockers on every play.

Advertisement
Back