Coach Cristobal signing day presser (live now!!)

Did anyone catch his statement that he had a call this morning with the ACC regarding "a coach's call trying to get a guy committed", I am assuming a portal kid? Any inside info?

Advertisement
Best class in Miami history

Splat Squirt GIF by chescaleigh

Shemar Stewart said if he was able to spend more time with Mario AND Steele it may have swayed his decision.

So obviously the ridiculous delays in hiring an OC/DC are having an impact.

He could have… he didn’t have to sign today. He could have delayed and said I want to get to know the new DC some more before making my final decision.

However that A&M deal would have been off the table had he done that…

When Manny spoke, it seemed false, a slogan, spin.

When Mario speaks you sense he means what he says 100%. No BS.

Mario's already done the **** thing.

Manny was in 'fake it till you make it mode' and it showed. Why a program like Miami should always go after someone with a proven track record as HC unless the guy is just a coaching savant whose acumen will almost guarantee success. Almost two decades wandering in the wilderness friend, we finally have someone that knows how to make a f ucking fire.

Advertisement

Funny how my guy regurgitated what I’ve said on here about the portal situation, calling it “The Wild, Wild West” as I’ve said many times here. Yeah, Mario & I are going to get along just fine. His vision & worldly thinking is what successful coaches have. His time at Bama & UO have created a totally different being.

Edit: and notice how this guy doesn’t rock or hides the Adidas clothing logo every time. That’s not an accident.

Said Moultrie is a DT. Interesting
He is bigger than the listed weights, man. His weight has been up and down at UAB and he's moved around the front 7. I thought he'd be more of a strong side guy, but I can see him bouncing inside here n there.

He is bigger than the listed weights, man. His weight has been up and down at UAB and he's moved around the front 7. I thought he'd be more of a strong side guy, but I can see him bouncing inside here n there.
Mario said he was 275,so they will need to beef him up some for next season.

I've seen him listed at 259 and 265 recently, but early in his career he was listed at 285. Wouldn't shock me to see him get closer and over that 285 number. He's a big guy.

Advertisement

He’s a one year guy. Mario isn’t going to try and transform someone’s body and switch positions, basically, this late into their college career imo. I thought the guy has been a DE/LB his time at UAB? Assuming that’s the case, I think Mario likes him at DE because he offers a physical body type at that position since he’s dealing with real slender guys.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He’s a one year guy. Mario isn’t going to try and transform someone’s body and switch positions, basically, this late into their college career imo. I thought the guy has been a DE/LB his time at UAB? Assuming that’s the case, I think Mario likes him at DE because he offers a physical body type at that position since he’s dealing with real slender guys.
He played DT prior to last season when he converted to DE. He will be playing inside for us and is already up to 275 pounds per Mario.

I’ve been critical of the delay in hiring staff as well but this is dumb. Stewart mentioned having more time with Mario and there’s nothing that could’ve been done about that given when Mario was hired.

Was Steele being hired a week or two earlier going to make a difference if the 8 weeks with Mario wasn’t enough for Shemar? Probably not.
Exactly given they just hired a DC about a month ago that previously killed a player.

Did anyone catch his statement that he had a call this morning with the ACC regarding "a coach's call trying to get a guy committed", I am assuming a portal kid? Any inside info?
bump

Advertisement
Back